To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a guest ask our SCO TM why if she returns 1 of the 2 BOGO 25 percent off items will be refunded for less. The SCO TM tried to explain that she if she returns one she will get the 25 percent off price. She didnt understand and she was getting mad. So the SCO call me over, but before I could come up one of our ETLs came and tried to help. I stood next to him while he explained, she would not get it at all. She would get more mad and mad. My ETL started losing his patience and told me to go back to watching the front and then he said it one more time to the guest "Because it is BOGO 25 percent off, if you return only one you get the lowest price first (25 percent)" and shes like " I DONT UNDERSTAND, WHY-" and he cuts her off, "That's just the way it is" and walks away. The guest just stood there confused and we asked her If she was gonna return it and she said no that she was arguing just for the principle. Why, oh why must people like this exist.

TTOG: when I causally asked how you were doing I didn’t really expect much of a reply. Most people just say “fine” and start scanning their items. (SCO) You started to say fine and then stopped yourself and told me you were actually doing great because your wife had just had a successful liver transplant. That was so touching. Helped me remember that people are going thru things that may not show on the outside. I hope our short chat helped brighten your day because it brightened mine.

We had a guest ask our SCO TM why if she returns 1 of the 2 BOGO 25 percent off items will be refunded for less. The SCO TM tried to explain that she if she returns one she will get the 25 percent off price. She didnt understand and she was getting mad. So the SCO call me over, but before I could come up one of our ETLs came and tried to help. I stood next to him while he explained, she would not get it at all. She would get more mad and mad. My ETL started losing his patience and told me to go back to watching the front and then he said it one more time to the guest "Because it is BOGO 25 percent off, if you return only one you get the lowest price first (25 percent)" and shes like " I DONT UNDERSTAND, WHY-" and he cuts her off, "That's just the way it is" and walks away. The guest just stood there confused and we asked her If she was gonna return it and she said no that she was arguing just for the principle. Why, oh why must people like this exist.

Haven’t the receipts started showing return value at your store?

So say your guest buys two shirts and they are buy one get one half off. Basically it takes the total you paid for the two items and splits it to give you the return value.

Receipt says something like
Shirt one $10
Return value $7.50

Shirt two $10
Sale price $5
Return value$7.50

I’ve had a few guests not understand until I talked them through their receipt. One I had to whip out a calculator with because I couldn’t possibly do basic math in my head.

They way receipts represent BOGO anything is the worst. It’s jsut horrible. GSTMs know what I mean
Weird. The times I've gotten a BOGO item the receipt was clear. The items had a separate section apart from everything else I was buying, marked as a special promotion. Item #1's full cost was listed, promotion marked, return value below that. Then item #2's purchase price, promotion and return value were listed. Unless the return refund doesn't match the return value listed on the receipt how is it confusing?

Say it’s BOGO 50% off. People are used to paying full value for the more expensive shirt, and then half of the less expensive. The way the receipt splits it up to give them 25% off each shirt is confusing to them because they think they’re only getting 25% off instead of the full 50%

Weird. The times I've gotten a BOGO item the receipt was clear. The items had a separate section apart from everything else I was buying, marked as a special promotion. Item #1's full cost was listed, promotion marked, return value below that. Then item #2's purchase price, promotion and return value were listed. Unless the return refund doesn't match the return value listed on the receipt how is it confusing?
It’s not confusing to us. It’s confusing to guests who don’t bother to read the receipt.

It’s not confusing to us. It’s confusing to guests who don’t bother to read the receipt.
Exactly. Or who are being deliberately obtuse because they're buying two to get the deal with full intent of returning the more expensive one that they really didn't want in the first place but only grabbed to get the discount on the one they actually want.

TTOG who plowed an electric cart through several softlines vehicles and knocked them aside, then literally rammed into a shelf multiple times, knocking off several fixtures, reeing about the isles being too narrow, only to pass by again an hour later walking just fine:

Fuck you.
I had a lady in an electric cart that was so oblivious that she dragged one of those “big basket” displays for several feet before it broke loose.

The day before inventory Coke or Pepsi didn't stock the coolers. The next day they came in mid morning and filled them. Towards the end of my shift a guest tells me all the sodas are warm because someone didn't shut all the cooler doors. I explained that was extremely unlikely and that the sodas were warm because of inventory the vendor just filled them up so the sodas are gonna be warm. She argued that it was because it was someone left the door opened. I finally told her "look I just bought a Pepsi and a Dr Peper they were cold. So I doubt someone leaving the cooler open would make them that warm already" I went around and felt all the sodas and they were almost cold. To this day I have no clue what that was all about...

TTOG: I get that shopping with kids is hard. But you flat-out saw your kid take an item out of someone else's cart, stick it on a random shelf, and you said nothing. Seriously. what. the. hell.

To half the guests wanting to try something on:

Because of desk placement I have a walkway back to the actual fitting rooms that is an arm's reach wide. Why do you all bring your shopping cart all the way to the opening of that path? Do you really have no sense that you are blocking the opening, preventing other guests and me from entering or leaving the fitting rooms? And of the half of the guests that do block it and don't park your carts where walking space is left open, why is it that half of you get a bit huffy when I say that I'm going to have to move your cart so that walkway space is kept open?

I don't ask people to move carts out of the middle of aisles. I just do it. It's a massive pet peeve, inconvenience to everyone else in the store, and potential safety issue. Yeah, if you leave your cart in the middle of the goddamn aisle, no matter what aisle, Imma move it out of the way. Don't like it? Don't leave it.

*lines are getting long*
“Hey can someone come up for guest first*
“Yeah sure I’ll be right there”
“Thanks can you go on checklane 15”
*guest that was standing there staring at me and literally watched me have this conversation* rudely: “um are you gonna open up more registers?”
“Hmmmmm other than the one I JUST opened, no I’m not.”

To half the guests wanting to try something on:

Because of desk placement I have a walkway back to the actual fitting rooms that is an arm's reach wide. Why do you all bring your shopping cart all the way to the opening of that path? Do you really have no sense that you are blocking the opening, preventing other guests and me from entering or leaving the fitting rooms? And of the half of the guests that do block it and don't park your carts where walking space is left open, why is it that half of you get a bit huffy when I say that I'm going to have to move your cart so that walkway space is kept open?

^^^^^ THIS !!! Yes..... that is the Entitlement Cart Space. We have it too !!! :mad:

To that one scammer:
You came up to the hand-off counter during a rush asking me where your drink was.
I asked you what you ordered & you named something pricey.
I said I didn't wait on you & I certainly didn't have such a drink ordered.
You said 'It was the OTHER barista' & insisted that I make you a drink.
Too bad I was the ONLY one working since open & my regulars verified that you were never in line.
Busted.

Last edited:
If I could like this 10000000000 times I would

And it's always after hearing it from my stl, who is 3 years older than me (and neither of us are anywhere near middle aged), and then me.
Because they scan the front lanes, find someone old enough to be my mom, and then go and verify it a third time with them.

Bro. Definition of insanity... you live it.

to all those guests who have absolutely no patience ever

203b8d8355f87931809818d2f3be9561.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back