To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap, that's obnoxious. For the first time I had a guest just start talking in items at me without getting my attention first or asking an actual question. I was working through the plastic lunch box component section, most of which was in the wrong spot so I was focused on fixing it and I hear "...lunch boxes and ice packs..." I look over and a woman was approaching me. I have no idea how long she was talking to me and I looked around for a second to make sure she was before "uhhhhh...on the other side of the store back in sporting goods..." I'll be damned if I'm going to walk you back there when you can't even do me the courtesy of an "excuse me" or "hello" or something to get my attention so I know you're talking to me, or even indicating it was an actual question.

To all guests: if you see me literally having a conversation on the walkie please stop talking to me. I can’t listen to you and them at the same time. Why doesn’t anyone have common sense anymore? This is a multiple-times-a-day, daily occurrence. And it’s usually the guest I’m helping that does it? Like someone will ask me, “can you get this item for me?” And I’ll call the department, tell them the DPCI and then when the person is telling me info like if we have it or not or whatever the guest will be like “yeah I really need it for this and that reason” and it’s like omfg I’m literally trying to get it for you, you hear someone responding to my question about it WHY are you talking over them???
Me trying to get them to take the hint: *fake laugh at guest* haha yeah *serious voice over walkie* hey can you repeat that please I didn’t catch that

TTOG: The paper towel dispensers in our bathrooms have never been motion-activated. So, there's nothing about them to fix. They work just fine.
No, I'm positive. Been working here since last year, and shopping here for 7. Uh, nope. There is no Food Avenue up front, that's a Starbucks-... no, you're not at xyz target, you're at abc target...
... no, you're definitely at abc target.
Are you by chance related to that old man that came in here last week irrationally angry about us "getting rid of our Xerox center!" ... when we've never had one? Because you seem like you'd probably hang out and talk about how much my generation sucks. You should look him up.

TTOG: The paper towel dispensers in our bathrooms have never been motion-activated. So, there's nothing about them to fix. They work just fine.
No, I'm positive. Been working here since last year, and shopping here for 7. Uh, nope. There is no Food Avenue up front, that's a Starbucks-... no, you're not at xyz target, you're at abc target...
... no, you're definitely at abc target.
Are you by chance related to that old man that came in here last week irrationally angry about us "getting rid of our Xerox center!" ... when we've never had one? Because you seem like you'd probably hang out and talk about how much my generation sucks. You should look him up.
YESSSS!!!! Had to explain that to someone yesterday. She swore up and down that “they’ve always been motion activated.” No, no they haven’t. Not in the 3 years since we switched them out.

To EVERY guest: please listen when I tell you where an item is. When I say “bottom shelf,” it means the shelf closest to the floor, NOT the one at eye level. Likewise, “directly below” means “go to the item(s) I told you and look DOWN,” not to the right or left of it. And “near the pole” means the part of the aisle where the HUGE “fire pole” (fire extinguishing material is attached and there are signs on it that state such) is located, not the opposite end. You’ll save yourself (and me) a lot of frustration by putting on your listening ears.

YESSSS!!!! Had to explain that to someone yesterday. She swore up and down that “they’ve always been motion activated.” No, no they haven’t. Not in the 3 years since we switched them out.
Isn't your pet supplies in "this part" of the store?
"Oh. Ha. No. Its over here in "this part!"
"... wow when did that change?"
Well I mean I've been coming here for YEARS and it's always been this way sooooo... "when was the last time you were here?'
"I don't know. Like ten years ago?"

*facepalm* sooooo not recently, then?

Isn't your pet supplies in "this part" of the store?
"Oh. Ha. No. Its over here in "this part!"
"... wow when did that change?"
Well I mean I've been coming here for YEARS and it's always been this way sooooo... "when was the last time you were here?'
"I don't know. Like ten years ago?"

*facepalm* sooooo not recently, then?
“When did you move the q-tips? They’ve ALWAYS been right over here by pharmacy!” Ummm.....I’ve been here 5+ years and they haven’t been anywhere near here since I started....

To those parents: please stop putting your children in the merchandise!!! No, I don't particularly care if they're having fun playing in the suitcases, there are better ways to see if it's big enough without zipping a child inside...
Also, if you are going to do that, please don't just leave fifteen pieces of luggage across the entire aisle...

“When did you move the q-tips? They’ve ALWAYS been right over here by pharmacy!” Ummm.....I’ve been here 5+ years and they haven’t been anywhere near here since I started....
I think everyone just assumes all Targets are exactly the same. That has to be it.

obviously they're all the same and that's why we have to take back an invalid return because "the other target always does it"
There are a few targets in our district that are the absolute worst. We have a couple very, very close to us and the one constantly causes us issues like this. They take back everything and will override anything and they used to lie and tell guests that their system was down when the guest had a complicated target.com order and say [insert my store] should be able to return it for you today. All because they didn’t want to call target.com and get the receipt id and vcd.

Of course my store hasn’t recently gotten a few internet complaints, so now we are supposed to stoop to that level of accepting everything, but we’re all still feeling every situation out and trying to use our best judgement.

There are a few targets in our district that are the absolute worst. We have a couple very, very close to us and the one constantly causes us issues like this. They take back everything and will override anything and they used to lie and tell guests that their system was down when the guest had a complicated target.com order and say [insert my store] should be able to return it for you today. All because they didn’t want to call target.com and get the receipt id and vcd.

Of course my store hasn’t recently gotten a few internet complaints, so now we are supposed to stoop to that level of accepting everything, but we’re all still feeling every situation out and trying to use our best judgement.
we have a store like that to. but they haven't had any issues since a few months ago when I went off on them over the phone

obviously they're all the same and that's why we have to take back an invalid return because "the other target always does it"

:D

I have a fun story. This was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, known as the service desk.

A gentleman was trying to return what he said was a baby shower gift. I did standard operating procedure, no DPCI in the system. I did everything I could to figure it out. So, I called for my wonderful GSTL, who did the same thing I did, couldn't find said item, etc. Gentleman finally admits that "Oh, yeah, the other Target refused to do it." My GSTL very politely told him to excuse himself right out the door. I mean, honestly, I always wonder why if the other Target wouldn't take it, why would this one?

Also, we were right up the road from another shopping outlet that would have, indeed, likely returned his money to him. (And I don't know why he didn't know that.)

Yeah I’ve had people wait in line at the service desk to price match 5 cents.

I worked at a location that was known for the "coupon ladies". These two guests would come through the line and have 4 inch binders, and pages upon pages of coupons. And dear sweet jeebus do *NOT MISS ANY*. They would get extremely huffy about 25 cents. I would honestly want to say EVERY SINGLE TIME that I had a quarter in my pocket, here's your quarter.

The Target closest to me is literally all the other Targets in the area, but swapped. Most of the stores here have the doors with the softlines and service desk on the right. The Target I'm usually at has the entrance and softlines to the left side. It is kind of weird to walk into another Target.

TTOG: who walked in wearing a jacket with the hood over your head and sunglasses that you kept on the entire time you were in the store and bought the latest version of the iPad at the other target in town with a debit card and then tried to return it my store 5 hours later for cash (if I remember correctly I’m pretty sure it was over a thousand dollars) I’m so fucking glad my GSTLs backed me up when I just straight up said no. Like that never happens but this was just too sketch. The iPad was shrink wrapped like it had never been opened but something about the shrink wrap was... off. Like it was different than how apple products normally are. I suspected that she somehow has a shrink wrapping machine and did it herself if that’s even a thing lol. But yeah I’m glad that 4 separate employees weren’t having it and all told you if you want to do that go back to the store you bought it from. Nice huffing and puffing out the door <3

TTOG: who walked in wearing a jacket with the hood over your head and sunglasses that you kept on the entire time you were in the store and bought the latest version of the iPad at the other target in town with a debit card and then tried to return it my store 5 hours later for cash (if I remember correctly I’m pretty sure it was over a thousand dollars) I’m so fucking glad my GSTLs backed me up when I just straight up said no. Like that never happens but this was just too sketch. The iPad was shrink wrapped like it had never been opened but something about the shrink wrap was... off. Like it was different than how apple products normally are. I suspected that she somehow has a shrink wrapping machine and did it herself if that’s even a thing lol. But yeah I’m glad that 4 separate employees weren’t having it and all told you if you want to do that go back to the store you bought it from. Nice huffing and puffing out the door <3

There was definitely not an iPad in there lmao. At Walmart whenever I found an iPod with weird looking shrink wrap I'd cut it open and there would be a hunk of metal inside 100% of the time

Yeah same day different store is always a no no.

Too easy to scam bc our POS is, well...

TTOG: I have to scan your ID, or you can't purchase that shitty cheap wine. Company policy.
You can threaten to take your business elsewhere all you want to; its not gonna hurt my sales any.
How old do you look? (Well you're acting like you're 6, so, that's my guess.) I don't really know. That's why I need your ID.
I don't make the rules, I just have to enforce them.
Yea, off is the general direction in which I wish you would fuck. Buy your wine while you're there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back