To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worse. Had a lady order one pack of the mixed fruit snacks that are by the registers for Drive Up. You know, the ones that are like $1.00. Like, WTF, lady?
I'd be that person. I'm on the road going somewhere and I get a craving? I could try to forget it and keep going and then spend whatever it was that needs my presence and attention totally distracted because of that damned craving taking up so much of my conscious thoughts. Or I could decide to quickly grab it to end the craving, and then it takes forever to get to a decently close parking spot because people are just creeping along so slowly in backing in or out or they are just sitting there with a blinker on waiting for someone they think is leaving so they can get the spot, and deal with the pedestrians that always seem to space themselves out so there's a non-stop flow, take the time to lock the car and walk in and then have to either wait for the people with full shopping carts at every open lane or the 20 people in line for self-checkout, finally get my craving item and then walk back and get the car started and then wait on all those same stopped or slow as molasses cars while trying to leave the parking lot. Or order that stupid candy that is distracting the hell out of me at a red light and then grab it quickly so my full attention is back to whatever it should be on.

View attachment 5604 TTOG: seriously, stop kissing things with your ugly lipstick colors. One, it’s not cute, and two, y’all don’t know where that stuff has been.
Taking a woman's drink order while her two boys were trying out the straws on the new tumblers I set out.
I said "Boys, you really don't know WHO has had their mouths on those straws."
When mom saw what they were doing she yanked them out of their hands, going on about how 'disgusting' that was.
Discovered later one of the little sh*ts had flattened the straw with his teeth.
Hope he got sick.

You may have gotten away with your ticket switches had an apparel tm not been backing up. . . However your attempt to speed your checkout resulted in you achieving nothing more than something for ap to look up. Enjoy your full priced tank tops

TTOG: I fail to see how you not remembering to present a gift card is my fault. Actually, the card reader isn't supposed to prompt you to use any gift cards you have. Not everyone in the world is going to hold your hand and pat your back and tell you that you did a good job.

I can rectify this with a post-void and a "wrong payment"... well, yea, I need you to come to guest services for that. There's a line behind you and it'll be faster if you come with me. Well, since you're in that big of a hurry, you can come back when it's convenient- ok or just storm out.

Look both ways when crossing the street, please.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to know you have a gift card if you don't say something about it? Jfc. Yes allow me to just switch on my esp.

TTOG: I fail to see how you not remembering to present a gift card is my fault. Actually, the card reader isn't supposed to prompt you to use any gift cards you have. Not everyone in the world is going to hold your hand and pat your back and tell you that you did a good job.

I can rectify this with a post-void and a "wrong payment"... well, yea, I need you to come to guest services for that. There's a line behind you and it'll be faster if you come with me. Well, since you're in that big of a hurry, you can come back when it's convenient- ok or just storm out.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to know you have a gift card if you don't say something about it? Jfc. Yes allow me to just switch on my esp.

I think that statement needs sarcasm font as well. ;)

Once had a guest upset because she didn’t understand how a credit card (in this case Redcard) works. I refunded her and said oh $30 is going back to your card. Literally everyone but her understands that means $30 credit is going to your account. She is like wait what how do I know how much I have to spend? I was like well it’s not like that you just get a bill at the end of the month. She then goes off on how the balance should be printed on the receipt.

Once had a guest upset because she didn’t understand how a credit card (in this case Redcard) works. I refunded her and said oh $30 is going back to your card. Literally everyone but her understands that means $30 credit is going to your account. She is like wait what how do I know how much I have to spend? I was like well it’s not like that you just get a bill at the end of the month. She then goes off on how the balance should be printed on the receipt.
Oh. My. God.

:(

Is it in the air, or?

I think that statement needs sarcasm font as well. ;)
Probably. The tone was more "there's no way you made it this far in life without being baby sat every step of the way, so here's a gentle reminder for you."

But my sarcasm, and normal voice have gotten so inter-mixed lately even i'm having trouble figuring out if I mean it or not.

How old was the guest? These days it's not a biggie, but in the old days credit cards had hard limits. If you had a $1k limit and your existing charges plus annual/monthly fees plus interest equaled $990 then an $11 fast food meal would decline. Because interest and fees counted, it could get confusing fast about what was left before you hit your limit. If the guest was my age or older and has stuck with the same cards with the older terms instead of shopping around, that would explain why the guest is so concerned about a ceiling.

TTOG: treating me like i'm an idiot when you don't even know what you're asking for is pathetic.

Also, I didn't really mean it when I said I was glad you got it figured out and to "have a good day".
I didn't really mean it at all.

I agree with you but I was also trained to always ask if they have coupons or gift cards. I do it maybe 75% of the time though.

"I was told to come over here because I don't have a PIN"
"What card were you trying to use?"
"My Redcard" -- It's the credit one.
"Okay so you're going to have to either call the number on the card or jump online and reset your PIN."
"But I never chose a PIN."
"When you applied for your Redcard you would have chosen a PIN."
"It didn't ask me for a PIN."
"Did you apply in store or online? How long ago did you apply."
"In store, about a month ago."
"When you applied, you would have chosen a PIN. It would have been the screen right before you signed."
"But I didn't have the card at the time."
"I know, you were applying for it at the time. It would have asked you for a phone number, an email, social security number, and your license."
"Can't you just look it up?"
"I'm sorry Ma'am, we don't keep any information on our Redcards, it's for your security."
"Well then I probably won't use the card again because I don't like that."

The lady actually smiled at me when she said that last line. Well then if you don't like the card, then don't use it. It's not my fault you don't know how to remember your PIN, and you're too lazy to call the number on the card and reset it.

"I was told to come over here because I don't have a PIN"
"What card were you trying to use?"
"My Redcard" -- It's the credit one.
"Okay so you're going to have to either call the number on the card or jump online and reset your PIN."
"But I never chose a PIN."
"When you applied for your Redcard you would have chosen a PIN."
"It didn't ask me for a PIN."
"Did you apply in store or online? How long ago did you apply."
"In store, about a month ago."
"When you applied, you would have chosen a PIN. It would have been the screen right before you signed."
"But I didn't have the card at the time."
"I know, you were applying for it at the time. It would have asked you for a phone number, an email, social security number, and your license."
"Can't you just look it up?"
"I'm sorry Ma'am, we don't keep any information on our Redcards, it's for your security."
"Well then I probably won't use the card again because I don't like that."

The lady actually smiled at me when she said that last line. Well then if you don't like the card, then don't use it. It's not my fault you don't know how to remember your PIN, and you're too lazy to call the number on the card and reset it.
I love it when people tell me they don't have a pin. Lol okay, it's asking for shits n giggles then.

I love it when people tell me they don't have a pin. Lol okay, it's asking for shits n giggles then.

When I was a cashier and the guests told me they didn't have a PIN, I always told them to use the numbers they use for their debit cards, usually it's the right one. I also got in the habit of telling the guests that even though it's a credit card, they'll need to use that PIN every time they use the card in store.

Now that I'm service desk, I internally groan whenever someone comes up to me with a Redcard question. My favorite was the guest who flipped out on me because I couldn't look up how much they owed on their bill.

I really wish cashiers would stop sending guests with red card issues to GS. We do not have some magic wand to fix their card. Just tell them to call the number on the back of the card because that is all we are going to do.
Yes! I stop someone dead in their tracks when they say "I'll just go to guest services." I tell them nope, they can't help you. They have a register just like I do and cannot look anything up.

TTOG: your phone won’t work with a wireless charger because only the iPhone 8 and later are QI charging enabled. You have an iPhone 7. You would need to order an adapter that would plug into the lightning port to make that work with your phone. No we don’t carry those adapters. Sure, go ask the Mobile TL because you think I’m too young and too female to know what I’m talking about just because I didn’t answer the way you wanted. Oh, the guy with 15+ years of experience with phones told you the same thing? And you didn’t like hearing it from him either? Piss off, lady. Imagine that, I actually know what I’m talking about.

TTOG: Just because I didn't know whether we were out of stock of a particular food item or if we simply don't carry it at all is not a legitimate reason to be demanding a manager. You asked if we have it, a physical check showed we didn't, therefore you can't get it today from us, and it doesn't matter if it's a stocking issue or inventory issue. All this fuss over a $3 item??

I really wish cashiers would stop sending guests with red card issues to GS. We do not have some magic wand to fix their card. Just tell them to call the number on the back of the card because that is all we are going to do.
“but the cashier told me that you can tell me why it’s not going through... and get it to work.”
...ok well the cashier is wrong and has never worked guest service before!

Have you gone to that particular cashier and told them that you can't do that? That way, they don't say it to another guest in the future.

Yes, that cashier needs educating if they really are saying it. Personally, though, I would talk to GSA/GSTL and let them have that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back