To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you gone to that particular cashier and told them that you can't do that? That way, they don't say it to another guest in the future.
Yes, that cashier needs educating if they really are saying it. Personally, though, I would talk to GSA/GSTL and let them have that conversation.
Yeah I always find out who it was and let them know and same with Gstls/ Gsas, but certain people just don’t care and will send any guest to guest service just so they don’t have to deal with it. It’s hard to fix cashiers who just don’t care especially veteran cashiers.

TTOG: You ma'am, are a Godsend

Guest comes up to the counter with an online order to return. Guest hands me the packing slip. "I want you to read what's on that packing slip, and I want to see your reaction when I show you what I got." Packing slip has a Brita pitcher, two water filter replacements, and a rug. Guest hands me the box. The box has sandwich bags, Kind bars, and two packs of snacks of some kind. I look at the packing slip, look in the box, look at the name printed on the packing slip, then the name on the box. Guest said she had the same reaction as me. I process the items as wrong item when doing the return, have a TM bring up the two items we had in store, and place an order for the filter replacements we did not have via Mygo. The guest could have been extremely upset about it considering it was a birthday gift, but she had a good laugh about it with me instead. She was our highlight of the day.

TTOG: No, we cannot put an item on hold if it's clearance. That's our store policy. You're never gonna be able to find it if I don't put it on hold? I just described exactly where it was located, with as much detail as I could. No, I'm not going to break the rules for you "just this once". What do you need my name for? Oh, so you can beg me in a more manipulative way? "Please, Sneakerfreak?" Yeah, you know my name now. Doesn't change the fact that I don't know you from Adam. The answer is still no.

Last edited:
We had a guest in trying to return formula without a receipt/card. Told him he would have to exchange his formula for more formula. I and my GSTL explained this to him at least three different ways that no, he cannot get cash back for it, and our systems would not let us override it. Guest ended up complimenting us and even asked when we worked. Nice try dude, but flattery will not miraculously change our machines, and no, I am not telling you when I work (even if my schedule was set). Besides, trying to come in and do your exchange with another TM will not get you anything other than what I am offering.

Told another of my TMs about it and they said they've explained the same thing to the guest several times before as well.

TTOG - formula rebate checks are considered a check and not a coupon. I can’t take checks at SCO. When I offered to suspend your transaction so we could finish it at GS I was being polite. I didn’t expect for you to bite my head off about us not having enough registers open and then bitch that you were in a rush and for me to just delete the formula from your transaction. I hope you meet more people like yourself - maybe it will help you see how nasty you are.

And FYI - for me to suspend your transaction and pull it up at GS would have added maybe ONE minute to your time in the store. I was not going to send you to the end of the line but was going to fix it for you right then. Please don’t come thru the SCO next time.

At my store, we have a bunch of Lean Cousines and Stoufers that are street-dated for July 8th, so we can't sell them, stupid, right?

Some guests have been trying to buy these new flavors that the morning team stocked each location of FULL, like 68 capacity locs. It seems like most guests have been understanding, but around 8:45pm last night after I thought I got everything off of the shelf, I get a call over walkie "Hey, TTGOz, can you come to check lane 20?" so I hauled ass up there in the form of a powerwalk, and this guest was just fucking blowing UP over not being able to buy this product.

She was irate, irrationally upset, and just going off on the GSTL and cashier. I have no idea what powered you to do that, or how bad your day was, not a single person deserved to be called ANY of those names just because you couldn't buy a few $2 brand new Lean Cousine products. If I were the un-lucky cashier, I would have shamed you. I can't believe the GSTL and Cashier just sat there in silence while you spouted off about the whole thing, I would have at least asked you to sit the fuck down because it's almost 9pm at night and you're in the store screaming over brand new Lean Cousines that got stocked but were unfortunately street-dated.

Why do you have product on the floor and accessible to guests if you can't sell it?

Why do you have product on the floor and accessible to guests if you can't sell it?
A mistake. Bit annoying but not worthy of a full on tantrum. The most it’s worth is “oh darn, that sucks. Guess I’ll get something else.”

A mistake. Bit annoying but not worthy of a full on tantrum. The most it’s worth is “oh darn, that sucks. Guess I’ll get something else.”
I'll even let fly a passive aggressive "well you guys should really double check the products before putting them up" because it is not fair to have stuff on the shelf you can't buy... but full on tantrum over lean cuisine is insane

in other news this explains why my stores frozen dinner aisle is all clearanced out and empty

Because stupid Move puts street dated items in pulls for some reason. myWorks knows street dates. Move can clearly talk to myWork. WHY do they come out in pulls????? Not in a million years would I think to check fuckin' frozen food for a street date, either.

TTOG: your receipt expired six months ago.

I don't care how many kids you have, its not an excuse to miss the fact your receipt expired six months ago.

Yes, that cashier needs educating if they really are saying it. Personally, though, I would talk to GSA/GSTL and let them have that conversation.

I'd seriously walk over to that cashier and tell them, "hey, you told a guest that GS could do ABC but we can't because XYZ" I'm the front end trainer though, so I take my team's development pretty seriously and I want them to get better. The worst is when a cashier tells a guest that we will break large bills/make change at Guest Service. We are not a bank!

I'd seriously walk over to that cashier and tell them, "hey, you told a guest that GS could do ABC but we can't because XYZ" I'm the front end trainer though, so I take my team's development pretty seriously and I want them to get better. The worst is when a cashier tells a guest that we will break large bills/make change at Guest Service. We are not a bank!
This. Whenever possible I go over to the cashier. Obviously be nice about it bc they didn't do it on purpose they just didn't know

This. Whenever possible I go over to the cashier. Obviously be nice about it bc they didn't do it on purpose they just didn't know

I trained most of them so they're pretty cool about it, I try and explain WHY we're not able to do something, so that next time a guest asks they will know exactly what to do and why they should do that. basically just the opposite of how I was trained lol

That's what a package of gum is for. ;)

if you buy something, I'll make your change how ever you want, but I'm not opening my drawer for free! I made change for some guy once and he had the audacity to tell me, "I only want CRISP bills"

I'm always highly suspicious of any bills over $20. I make guests buy something, even if it's just gum, so that there's a transaction that can be traced if there's an issue.

TTOG: You ma'am, are a Godsend

Guest comes up to the counter with an online order to return. Guest hands me the packing slip. "I want you to read what's on that packing slip, and I want to see your reaction when I show you what I got." Packing slip has a Brita pitcher, two water filter replacements, and a rug. Guest hands me the box. The box has sandwich bags, Kind bars, and two packs of snacks of some kind. I look at the packing slip, look in the box, look at the name printed on the packing slip, then the name on the box. Guest said she had the same reaction as me. I process the items as wrong item when doing the return, have a TM bring up the two items we had in store, and place an order for the filter replacements we did not have via Mygo. The guest could have been extremely upset about it considering it was a birthday gift, but she had a good laugh about it with me instead. She was our highlight of the day.
I had the same issue with a guest the other day. She ordered some food items and instead received some children's clothing. Luckily she had a good sense of humor about it all.

if you buy something, I'll make your change how ever you want, but I'm not opening my drawer for free! I made change for some guy once and he had the audacity to tell me, "I only want CRISP bills"
Omg i get so many people that will literally hand their change back to me and go “I don’t want this it’s wrinkled.” Like are you freaking kidding me and I have to pull out like every $20 “is this one good enough?” “is this one good enough?” “is this one good enough?”

I had the same issue with a guest the other day. She ordered some food items and instead received some children's clothing. Luckily she had a good sense of humor about it all.
The last person at my store who received the wrong items in her online order was at guest service for 45 minutes complaining about it.

TTOETL: First off that $15 is a long ways off. Second telling us its commission pay and demanding we sell to fit that expectation is laughable at best. Third. . .Im certain you dont understand how commission works. Fourth a 3k sales goal per person in 4hrs with everything completed requires a radioactive spider or a failed science experiment

Last edited:
TTOG: sorry I had to be the first person to tell your large, 40-something year old ass "no"... but it doesn't change anything. The answer is no.

You can't go home, try the vacuum for a week, then return it if you're not happy. ESPECIALLY without a receipt and no form of payment.

If its been used, you have to go through the manufacturer.

Swearing at me won't change my mind.
Neither will you griping to everyone and their dog as you leave.

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back