To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To literally every guest ever: yes swimsuits are 20% off WITH CARTWHEEL stop “um the sign said”-ing me I know exactly what the sign said and the sign told you to find cartwheel in the target app
We all know they only read part of the sign. lol. "I was supposed to get a giftcard." When the sign says buy 3 and they have 1.

Last edited:
This is mostly a sco problem- guests who argue about a buy one get one free (or half off - whatever) promo when it clearly states it on the screen in front of them.
Guest: “The second one is supposed to be free!”
Me: “Yes ma’am, that’s why us says ‘minus $3.99’ right here on the screen.”
Guest: “But it didn’t take it off!”
Me: “$3.99 plus $3.99 would come to almost $8. Your total is currently $3.99.”
Guest:”oh.”
Me in my head: “you have a expensive phone in your hand that has an amazing calculator function on it - try using it next time”

TTOG: No, I cannot refund you cash for the Fitbit you're trying return with only a gift receipt...that was purchased yesterday...from a store 90 miles away.

No, I also do not believe that in that time period your wife called Guest Relations and was told she could go to any store and ask for the GSTL, then the LOD, then instruct them to look up the "daily override code" and type it in so they could give you cash.

By the way...I looked up your original receipt on insidePOS after you finally left. You paid with a Merch Card.

TTOG: No, I cannot refund you cash for the Fitbit you're trying return with only a gift receipt...that was purchased yesterday...from a store 90 miles away.

No, I also do not believe that in that time period your wife called Guest Relations and was told she could go to any store and ask for the GSTL, then the LOD, then instruct them to look up the "daily override code" and type it in so they could give you cash.

By the way...I looked up your original receipt on insidePOS after you finally left. You paid with a Merch Card.
I would’ve just lied and said oh we don’t have a daily override code, so idk who told you that. In accoradance with our posted return policy I have to give you a gift card back. Have a great day.

I would’ve just lied and said oh we don’t have a daily override code, so idk who told you that. In accoradance with our posted return policy I have to give you a gift card back. Have a great day.

That's exactly what I said. Lol. He didn't believe me and asked to speak to the LOD. She told him the same thing. When that didn't get him to leave we called Refund Authorization (just to humor him) and they said no as well.

guest relations is fucking useless lmao. a guest called them on me over a $5 promo GiftCard that my GSTL was in the process of getting for her. guest relations called the store and I hung up on them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also technically they should know that it's called the EMERGENCY override code, for situations when it isn't feasible to call refund authorization.

guest relations is fucking useless lmao. a guest called them on me over a $5 promo GiftCard that my GSTL was in the process of getting for her. guest relations called the store and I hung up on them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also technically they should know that it's called the EMERGENCY override code, for situations when it isn't feasible to call refund authorization.
All they do is send guests to the store

Some guest complained to a GSTL about me not helping them last Wednesday.

I wasn't even working, let alone at the store on Wednesday so I have no clue who they think they saw.
I had someone leave a complaint comment on a survey using my name when I was on vacation. I just said, “how the heck did I blatantly lie (direct quote) when I was over 1000 miles away?”

TTOG: Is that how you greet every cashier when you come in? By saying "Do you know how to handle tax exempt orders? Because God help me I don't want someone that's clueless." o_O

I mean, yes, I can definitely help you, but wow. Thank goodness you didn't get in a newbie cashier's line. That's an awful way to treat someone. How will they learn to do tax exempt orders if you aren't willing to work with them?

However, you did say you appreciated my service once we finished, so it was a bit of a silver lining, but please lighten up in the future

Guests ask me all the time where I'm from. I usually ask the guests if they want to take a guess, it's funny hearing where they think I'm from. I get a lot of British, Australian, Southern, and New York/Jersey accents. When they give up I tell them nope, I'm from right here. My entire family's lived here my whole life, and I don't know where the accent comes from.

The guest who asked me today said that my accent reminded him of someone who was born in a different country but has lived here for many years that they start to lose it. I always enjoy when guests ask me that because it's an interesting conversation starter. Not to mention the guests tend to be surprised when I tell them I'm from my area.

Ttog: When I tell you someone from mobile will be back @ 4, that means don’t come ask me at 345 if they’re in yet when you still see just me.

Guests ask me all the time where I'm from. I usually ask the guests if they want to take a guess, it's funny hearing where they think I'm from. I get a lot of British, Australian, Southern, and New York/Jersey accents. When they give up I tell them nope, I'm from right here. My entire family's lived here my whole life, and I don't know where the accent comes from.

The guest who asked me today said that my accent reminded him of someone who was born in a different country but has lived here for many years that they start to lose it. I always enjoy when guests ask me that because it's an interesting conversation starter. Not to mention the guests tend to be surprised when I tell them I'm from my area.
Did you have hearing problems as a small child? I knew a guy with a British accent who told me that as a little kid he had poor hearing. Not hearing words correctly when learning to talk made him talk in the manner of what he heard, which coincidentally sounded close to British.

Did you have hearing problems as a small child? I knew a guy with a British accent who told me that as a little kid he had poor hearing. Not hearing words correctly when learning to talk made him talk in the manner of what he heard, which coincidentally sounded close to British.

I actually did not. However I was in Speech classes from Kindergarten to fourth grade and I still have trouble pronouncing my R's so that may be part of the issue

I actually did not. However I was in Speech classes from Kindergarten to fourth grade and I still have trouble pronouncing my R's so that may be part of the issue
I had the exact same issue with R and S. Luckily S I solved because that was a definite lisp. But my R is weak and people ask if I’m not from where I’m from because of it.

I had the exact same issue with R and S. Luckily S I solved because that was a definite lisp. But my R is weak and people ask if I’m not from where I’m from because of it.

Yes exactly this! We think it's because of the way my mouth formed that I cannot pronounce Rs correctly and thus my 'accent'

I was putting out some clearance items for the Bullseye Playground today and an older lady came up to me (I helped her earlier with her pictures) and asked me if all the items with the red dot on the label meant they were clearanced. I told her no, that only the areas marked with the large yellow clearance sign were clearance, ergo the July 4th and the summer items. About ten minutes later, she comes up to Guest Service to pay for her pictures, and I let her check out with me because she doesn't have a lot. She has all One Spot in her hands, all new stuff that went out within the last three or so days. As I'm ringing up the items, she asks if they're ringing up on clearance and I tell her that no, they're ringing up full price. She says they were marked as clearance and I know for a fact they were not in with the clearance items because I was over there a good part of my day doing reshop, pulls, and zoning. She found the items in their home location, marked with the red dot and that red dot means they're clearance, right? Right?

This is AWESOME!!!!

Some guest complained to a GSTL about me not helping them last Wednesday.

I wasn't even working, let alone at the store on Wednesday so I have no clue who they think they saw.

I've had that happen with an online order pick up. My GSTL said there was an issue with an order and my numbers were used to process the order. Um, it was not me who processed the order. Well, your numbers were used. Yes, my numbers were used because I was the one who logged into the MyDevice. Ohhhh.

TTOG: Sweetheart, you really need to have a few sessions with a therapist before you develop BDD. There is absolutely no way that you can wear a size 4 pants and Large size swimsuit bottoms are too small for you. There is absolutely no way that an XL is the right size for you. And when you say it's because you have a big butt, hate to tell you but your butt is so small a board can rest vertically from your back to the floor without your butt pushing it away. I don't know what you were looking at in that fitting room, but it certainly wasn't a proper evaluation of how all those Medium and Large bottoms that you took in with you were actually fitting. You say you've gained some weight but you didn't realize how much, I think that weight gain broke something in your brain.

TTOG: Sweetheart, you really need to have a few sessions with a therapist before you develop BDD. There is absolutely no way that you can wear a size 4 pants and Large size swimsuit bottoms are too small for you. There is absolutely no way that an XL is the right size for you. And when you say it's because you have a big butt, hate to tell you but your butt is so small a board can rest vertically from your back to the floor without your butt pushing it away. I don't know what you were looking at in that fitting room, but it certainly wasn't a proper evaluation of how all those Medium and Large bottoms that you took in with you were actually fitting. You say you've gained some weight but you didn't realize how much, I think that weight gain broke something in your brain.

Or somebody broke it for her.
I am consistently amazed at how cruel people can be to women about their weight, especially teens.
And other women can can be the worst of the lot.

BDD is very scary. I've known a few people who had/probably had it and it's so weird to hear "I'm fucking hideous!" from people who are 10 times better looking and in better shape than I am. Yikes fam.

On topic: TTOG, thanks for awareing me to the leaking batteries making a fizzing noise over in electronics before someone's kid rubbed acid into their eyeballs. Also big shout out to PMT for getting the acid pool cleaned up.

Or somebody broke it for her.
I am consistently amazed at how cruel people can be to women about their weight, especially teens.
And other women can can be the worst of the lot.
There was nothing to attach cruelty to. She was very slender. Not skinny, not bones, but she was not lying when she said her pants size was a 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back