To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those guests who ask...no, we are completely out of snow pants. It has been snowing here constantly for a month, and it now occurs to you that your child might need some? Sorry, you're out of luck. We do, however, have a lovely rack of bathing suits that you may wish to peruse instead...

Let me set the scene (heard this from a friend in Electronics):

Night before Christmas.

Approx. 7:30 PM.

Super busy store, people getting their last minute crap.

Sold lots and lots and lots and lots of video games.

Telephone in Electronics rings:

"Hey, my son was wanting a PS4 or Xbox One for Christmas, do you have any?"

lol.png

Oh wait, you were serious? :wacko:

A guest is standing right in front of Guest Services ... "Excuse me, where is customer service?" (multiple times a day)

A guest is standing right in front of the gift cards display at the register. "Where are your Target gift cards?"

:facepalm:

"Is this... is this where I return things?" while staring at you like you're a zoo exhibit.

My favorite is when they hit the electronics button while a TM is actually IN the boat. Are you blind? Last time this happened I just slowly turned and stared at them. All they said was "oh".

to the littlest of our guests....I am sorry your parents have decided to take you to target instead of home when it's nap or bedtime....it's not your fault,and nobody is blaming you (except for that little snot who came through my line today (he was about 7))for crying. Thank you for, generally, sitting criss cross applesauce when I ask..sorry if I scare you. I just don't want you to fall out of the cart.
To that little cutie....man you were REALLY loud in the fitting room but oh, so sweet to me. Your mama even commented how much you must like me. Thank you for making the last 15 or so minutes of a fairly rough floor shift so much fun....I will never tell your secrets!! (she kept whispering...psh psh psh phsh to me)

Last edited:
To those guests who ask...no, we are completely out of snow pants. It has been snowing here constantly for a month, and it now occurs to you that your child might need some? Sorry, you're out of luck. We do, however, have a lovely rack of bathing suits that you may wish to peruse instead...

Not snowing here... hasn't ever snowed here... still out of snow pants. Why? Because it's Christmas hols and everyone wants to run to the mountains and play in the snow. Never fails... we get people in February going "Where's the snow gear?". >< And no, we won't be getting any more till next season. *sigh*

to the littlest of our guests....I am sorry your parents have decided to take you to target instead of home when it's nap or bedtime....it's not your fault,and nobody is blaming you (except for that little snot who came through my line today (he was about 7))for crying. Thank you for, generally, sitting criss cross applesauce when I ask..sorry if I scare you. I just don't want you to fall out of the cart.
To that little cutie....man you were REALLY loud in the fitting room but oh, so sweet to me. Your mama even commented how much you must like me. Thank you for making the last 15 or so minutes of a fairly rough floor shift so much fun....I will never tell your secrets!! (she kept whispering...psh psh psh phsh to me)

Most of the kids we get at my store are pretty chill and just hang out and are too shy to even say hi. Some are even friendly, but then there are the other ones, ones like this:

tumblr_mryrzgbQ4C1rz9v16o1_400.gif

Veruca Salt incarnates are the worst.

To the clueless middle-aged lady who came into the store, handed me a Facebook giftcard, and wanted to know if it was a Target gift card. Ummmm, no. It's a Facebook gift card. It says Facebook, not Target, on the front. You cannot use it here. I don't know why your friend bought it for you, sorry.

I just had to keep repeating myself; she obviously wanted me to say, "Oh, yes! That's a Target gift card since it was purchased at our store!" Weird people!

To the cheapskate who was doing the coffee run for her coworkers: When you laughed at the beginning while telling me that you were "going to be a pain", it was a harbinger of things to come. It was bad enough that you wanted the drinks rang up separately so you could get your stars but using the cash your coworkers sent to load up your card to do so was beyond the pale. THEN you wanted the change broken down so you could show them how much you paid for each drink. Let's see if any of them is sharp enough to look at their receipt & notice that you put it all your gold card. While you laughed about being "so much trouble" you obviously didn't notice that nobody behind you in line thought it was funny.

Had a lady come yesterday with a whole cart of Valentine's insisting that she get it at 90% off because it was back in seasonal. She left empty-handed and angry. Too bad. I have a strong disdain for thieves.

I forgot one the other day...

To that one guest, THANK YOU for being upfront and letting us know you were being treated for Pink Eye that wasn't responding to meds - and telling us to wash up if we touched your paper script. You have no idea how much that meant to all of us!

WISH ours would tell us that....no, they just hand us the script, covered in nastiness....
Everyone was soooo surprised. The pharmacist thought we were having a party down on the end of the counter and said something about breaking it up, we told her we were all disinfecting. She stop. Sorta.

My only other one was the lady with MERSA. And in hindsight I didn't do enough with that one... mainly because I was still wrapping my head around her saying, MERSA. UGH, that won't happen again.

I put most of the blame on callers a)pressing 0 as soon as they hear an automated voice and /or b) talking over the automated voice

They do that in pharmacy too....instead of putting in the Rx number for a refill in the automated system, they will immediately press 0 and give us the Rx number. It's so irritating when we're really busy!
Rarely does anyone I take a call from have the number - but we don't even write numbers down because I guess they are often wrong. They told me to always write the drug name down on the bag. And just the other day I saw in action why. Number did not match the guest and no one knew which one she wanted filled. I'm chalking it up to... i'm not sure what I'm chalking it up too!

We have a MRSA guest....he's a peach to deal with too.....:dash2:

We don't let them off the phone until we've pulled up the Rx and verified it's the right med ;)

We have a MRSA guest....he's a peach to deal with too.....:dash2:

We don't let them off the phone until we've pulled up the Rx and verified it's the right med ;)
Today was..... is it a full moon? Because, um, it sucked. That is about all you can say about it!

That makes the most sense - but we have some, um, "routines" that need to be changed/dealt with. But it is a slow process to invoke change - and right now it is even harder with our visiting TMs.

To the clueless middle-aged lady who came into the store, handed me a Facebook giftcard, and wanted to know if it was a Target gift card. Ummmm, no. It's a Facebook gift card. It says Facebook, not Target, on the front. You cannot use it here. I don't know why your friend bought it for you, sorry.

I just had to keep repeating myself; she obviously wanted me to say, "Oh, yes! That's a Target gift card since it was purchased at our store!" Weird people!
I had people who insist that I should take their Walmart giftcard or we should sell Walmart giftcards.

Or accept their Walmart item and receipt for a return.

To the guest that bought a ps4,

I understand that you want to pay cash for it, but did you really have to pay in mostly 5s and 10s? It took me forever to count that, especially since you counted it out several times yourself silently. Stupid phone kept interrupting my counting too. More debit/credits pls.

I understand that you want to pay cash for it, but did you really have to pay in mostly 5s and 10s? It took me forever to count that, especially since you counted it out several times yourself silently. Stupid phone kept interrupting my counting too. More debit/credits pls.

Oooooh you'd HATE me then!

I collect coins and paper money and I like to spend stuff that doesn't circulate much (halves, dollar coins, $2 bills) and I don't mind dumping lots of those on people.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :spiteful:

... I probably wouldn't pay for a PS4 in cash though... :)

The bright side is that your guest wasn't a stripper. The worst thing is when strippers shop. I had a guest buy a bunch of home junk and furniture and pay for it in singles.

I had a guest once pay with all ones, and her friend turned to her and asked why she had so many ones. I kept my mouth shut, but it was difficult!

They could have been waitresses too. They get a lot of singles.

@Food Aver: I think I was just ranty with that particular guest though because he probably took nearly 20 mins of my time total, between getting the ps4, deciding on accessories, and just counting and miscounting the money. I had to wait til close to start my E zone :/

On the topic of 2$ bills, where do you guys stick them in the register? I normally just put them in with the 100s and 50s.

@Food Aver: I think I was just ranty with that particular guest though because he probably took nearly 20 mins of my time total, between getting the ps4, deciding on accessories, and just counting and miscounting the money. I had to wait til close to start my E zone :/

On the topic of 2$ bills, where do you guys stick them in the register? I normally just put them in with the 100s and 50s.

Yep. :)

That's just as bad as a guest who paid for a video game with 63 dollars worth of 1 dollar bills.

To that one guest...I understand that seeing someone in red & khaki getting an icee at sbux while you wait in line because our floor coverage is minimal and the GSA hasn't gotten a response for fast service and is backed up at the service desk as well may be aggravating. However making crazy hand motions at me and then yelling across to say that I should open another lane, to which I politely and succinctly replied "I'm sorry sir, I'm on my lunch break" shouldn't give you the right to curse at me. I could've walked over and spent time explaining how I could quite literally lose my job for hopping on a lane to get you out the door 2 minutes faster. Or you could've just understood that TMs are human beings who occasionally take breaks as well. Either way, I think the sorry I gave you and me walking away into the TSC was about the best you're going to get when you act like an angry 5 year old.

to that grumpy guest....oh good lawd man.....unless your significant other had you in the store for hours there was no reason for your hissy fits, including the foot stomping.

to the entitled guests....there is a reason we don't hold clearance items (normally)you don't come and get them. I made two exceptions tonight and 1 didn't come and get it.

to that one who did come and get it...thank you for making my night. This guest called looking for a specific set of pajamas, asking if we did store to store shipping. After I explained we didn't but let me check just in case we had it. After locating it she explained that she stuck close to home because of chemotherapy and didn't think she could make it to our store tonight. I told her I would hold it at the fitting room until close and then put it on a certain rack so she could find it tomorrow and then we could do the same thing tomorrow night if need be. She was absolutely thrilled that I held it and came in tonight. Smile made my night.

to that one who did come and get it...thank you for making my night. This guest called looking for a specific set of pajamas, asking if we did store to store shipping. After I explained we didn't but let me check just in case we had it. After locating it she explained that she stuck close to home because of chemotherapy and didn't think she could make it to our store tonight. I told her I would hold it at the fitting room until close and then put it on a certain rack so she could find it tomorrow and then we could do the same thing tomorrow night if need be. She was absolutely thrilled that I held it and came in tonight. Smile made my night.

Now that is an AMAZING Vibe moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back