To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those starbucks guests: for the last f**king time - we DO NOT carry the breakfast sandwiches!!! What's in the case is what we got!!
Go next door for breakfast biscuits or to a stand alone starbucks but get the frack off my counter!!!

We have a standalone Starbucks in the same plaza, and we probably still get the same questions. :facepalm:

I no longer work at Spot, but I still get annoyed by guests that refuse to let cashiers scan their ID.

The other day, I was waiting to check out with a few items and a woman was causing a scene because she didn't want anyone scanning her ID.

I said, "Excuse me, ma'am. The cashier is just doing their job by asking to scan your ID. There's no need to be hostile. The register needs to verify your age to purchase that item.

You can keep arguing with the cashier, and piss off the rest of us in line behind you, who just want to pay for our few items and leave. Or, you can pull your ID out of your wallet and let the cashier scan it so we can all move on with our day.

And before you even think about saying "I'll just buy this at another store," every other store in this area also requires your ID to be scanned."

Her face turned bright red, and she let the cashier scan her ID.

To that whitney houston looking bitch that came to my lane, stop smoking crack, you look diseased and act like you have a stick up you ass. Bitch, this is target not saks 5th avenue in ny or some shit, and you're not a friggin celebrity which is what crack makes you think you are you drama queen diva. Bitch, its not my fault you didn't give me your coupon (acting likeea rich snob with a coupon?) Before you paid. I can't find you a big bag for your toilet paper because you're embarassed as per your own words of people seeing what you buy and fix your coupon error at the same time. Which is funny because while you were looking for your card in your purse you ended up throwing one of your pads on my lane. Then you lied about hurting your hand "reaching for a bag because you didn't hand it to me" And then you wanted me to hold up your shirts up over my head so they wouldn't get dirty....and you started freaking out when the sleeve barely touched the glass where the laser is? "Stop dragging it" Bitch, like I said stop smoking crack, I don't care if you're in a hurry I'm not gonna feed your crack enhanced ego.

To that whitney houston looking bitch that came to my lane, stop smoking crack, you look diseased and act like you have a stick up you ass. Bitch, this is target not saks 5th avenue in ny or some shit, and you're not a friggin celebrity which is what crack makes you think you are you drama queen diva. Bitch, its not my fault you didn't give me your coupon (acting likeea rich snob with a coupon?) Before you paid. I can't find you a big bag for your toilet paper because you're embarassed as per your own words of people seeing what you buy and fix your coupon error at the same time. Which is funny because while you were looking for your card in your purse you ended up throwing one of your pads on my lane. Then you lied about hurting your hand "reaching for a bag because you didn't hand it to me" And then you wanted me to hold up your shirts up over my head so they wouldn't get dirty....and you started freaking out when the sleeve barely touched the glass where the laser is? "Stop dragging it" Bitch, like I said stop smoking crack, I don't care if you're in a hurry I'm not gonna feed your crack enhanced ego.

I'd have asked the GSTL/GSA to close my lane so I could sanitize anything she touched.

I'd have asked the GSTL/GSA to close my lane so I could sanitize anything she touched.
I'm not a cashier, didn't think of it.

I can't stand those people who hold all of their clothes up high in the air. It's pretty much guaranteed that one of those articles of clothing fell on the floor at least once.

Had a woman today put a pile of clothes on the belt scanner because she didn't want them to touch the belt. Had to scan them all with the hand scanner.....

Never mind that I have picked up everything that has touched the belt, so my hands are just as dirty as the belt...

I think we all know the pains of this :
7pj70.jpg

Oh, and don't you just love the passive-aggressive, soft-but-loud-enough-for-the-cashier-to-hear comments of "*Sigh* There is NO divider! I could really use a divider! WHERE are the dividers?" if your register doesn't have one or if you're super busy and it fell on the floor or something.

After a guest bitched at me for asking to scan her ID for alcohol:

Me: I'm sorry, but it's corporate policy, I can't override it without losing my job.

Guest: it is not corporate policy. (Nearest major grocery retail chain) and Walgreens have never scanned my id.

*facepalm* Really?
Actually, you don't have to scan it, you can manually punch in the DOB, but then you have to have a supervisor come override it, which takes longer than simply scanning it.(at least, we can do this for items that need ID in pharmacy, such as cold medicines and when I explain the alternative, they usually stop bitching).
Maybe someone should explain to her that "we're not ALL ONE COMPANY" because she's obviously one of those people who seem to think we are....we get calls in the pharmacy all the time from people who want us answer questions about a prescription they have filled at Walgreen's/CVS/etc. They don't realize we don't have access to their computer system!!!

Thanks lady for sharing your phone conversation with all of us! At least this time we had both participants since you freaking put your phone on speakerphone !!!
Your friend was sick she had her morher bring her chicken soup and some cough medicine!
I also appreciate the fact that you didn't plan on buying a thing at target today ,you were jjust browsing every single table in softline ....
Go home!!!

I don't scan people's IDs. Our system doesn't need a supervisor override like other Targets for some reason. I just ask to see their date of birth on their ID or if they're really old I just ask for their date of birth. Our state laws say if they look over a certain age we don't need to ID. I know as long as I am following state law I am fine with the law enforcers.

At our store, we don't scan IDs, but do have to card EVERYONE who buys alcohol. After we card them, we type in their DOB. I don't mind carding younger people, because that makes sense. But we also have to card older people, even middle aged and up people. When an elderly person buys alcohol, I have to card them, and this can potentially be a very awkward and uncomfortable business. Once, an older guest didn't have her ID with her and couldn't buy her wine. She was very upset and ran to the manager about it. I always feel like such a silly douchebag when things like this happen, but I'd rather follow stupid rules than get fired or written up.

At our store, we don't scan IDs, but do have to card EVERYONE who buys alcohol. After we card them, we type in their DOB. I don't mind carding younger people, because that makes sense. But we also have to card older people, even middle aged and up people. When an elderly person buys alcohol, I have to card them, and this can potentially be a very awkward and uncomfortable business. Once, an older guest didn't have her ID with her and couldn't buy her wine. She was very upset and ran to the manager about it. I always feel like such a silly douchebag when things like this happen, but I'd rather follow stupid rules than get fired or written up.

I don't understand why people get upset by this.
I've been carded in bars and I'm clearly past the age where I can be served.
It's just the company policy.
Why is it a big deal for me to haul out my ID to get a drink?

Me: I'm sorry, but it's corporate policy, I can't override it without losing my job.

Guest: it is not corporate policy. (Nearest major grocery retail chain) and Walgreens have never scanned my id.

*facepalm* Really?
Actually, you don't have to scan it, you can manually punch in the DOB, but then you have to have a supervisor come override it, which takes longer than simply scanning it.(at least, we can do this for items that need ID in pharmacy, such as cold medicines and when I explain the alternative, they usually stop bitching).
Maybe someone should explain to her that "we're not ALL ONE COMPANY" because she's obviously one of those people who seem to think we are....we get calls in the pharmacy all the time from people who want us answer questions about a prescription they have filled at Walgreen's/CVS/etc. They don't realize we don't have access to their computer system!!!

I'm a GSA, I'm aware that all I have to do is type in the birth date on my numbers and it will go through. We do it for other products all the time. But my store has informed us if we do that for alcohol, we will be termed, end of discussion.

I don't know Commie. They just want to bellyache about everything and anything they can I suppose. What I can understand is very elderly getting upset by it. Getting carded when you're 80-90 years old has got to be irritating, especially when you're prone to being grumpy ;). That's why I don't card very elderly people.

@Retail Girl , are you saying type in your own birth date or just typing in the birth date of the costumer on the number pad? It would be ridiculous to be termed for typing in the DOB for alcohol of an elderly guest. Sheesh!

Our store does not allow us to override the prompt to scan IDs for alcohol. It has nothing to do with the guest...they want to be sure we are carding everyone and don't want to go down the slippery slope of first the 80 year old grumpy guest, then the 70 year old, and next thing they fear we would be making judgement calls that they don't want us making, with the risk of fines and losing a liquor license to be too high.

The only way to prove we are carding everyone is to scan the ID. I don't particularly care one way or another. If a guest doesn't want it scanned, I simply explain I can't sell it to them and move on.

*facepalm* Really?

I'm a GSA, I'm aware that all I have to do is type in the birth date on my numbers and it will go through. We do it for other products all the time. But my store has informed us if we do that for alcohol, we will be termed, end of discussion.
Really??? When I was doing my alcohol training, they told me that it was okay to type the information in as long as whoever did the override saw the ID and verified the age of the person purchasing the alcohol. Maybe this is something that is store specific? Or, maybe it has something to do with my state because we have "renewal stickers" that are sometimes placed over the barcode that we have to scan, which therefore makes it impossible to scan??? We have also had elderly guests back in pharmacy that don't have a scannable photo id (usually retired military who no longer drive and only have a military ID) or can't get them out of their wallets and we just type in the DOB and then override it and nobody has said anything to us (of course, that's not alcohol, though, only cold meds), but I've even manually typed in information for PSE and have never had an issue???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back