To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this guy was particularly bad,

He expected us to have some sort of high-tech device that automatically cleaned toilet seats after every use (think he described it as some sort of rotation where the dirty seat spun into the wall to be cleaned and a clean one rotated out to take its place), said they were used at airports. He wanted us to get sinks where you didn't have to touch them to activate them. He wanted hand dryers that didn't require touching the handle, he wanted some sort of toilet paper sanitizing system made by Panasonic that supposedly sanitized the paper with some sort of electromagnetic frequency.

If he just said we needed to clean our restrooms more often I might've agreed, but sorry dude, we're not spending a quarter million dollars updating our restrooms to be the highest tech restrooms on the planet.

He seemed to think these were all perfectly reasonable requests too which made it funnier. He also thought our ETL-HR had the ability to make the decision and have the changes made on a corporate level.

If it was a young kid I'd have been sure he was trolling, but this guy was about 60, and he seemed dead serious.

Last edited:
To that one guest: An iPod does NOT make you a better singer; just more annoying to everyone else.
And your singing was so bad that the song was unrecognizable.

I'm sorry we couldn't find the item you were looking for after you gave us just a picture from your phone with no caption of what the item is called or brand or anything at all. But no need to chew our heads off while we are trying to help you.

Reminds me of a guy that came in and had a list of complaints about our restroom, he wanted us to contact corporate with his list of complaints, and expected corporate to spend several million dollars changing the restrooms to meet his standards.
We have a pharmacy guest who complains about something almost EVERY time she comes in. When we changed to the new version of the bottles, it was the new non-safety caps, then it was the bottles themselves, now it's the print on the labels (which we've received NUMEROUS complaints about, actually), and she doesn't like that we have to "look her up" every time she picks something up....and that there's a computer monitor on the counter. My personal favorite, though: that her RxRewards number is now printed on her receipt, because what if she LOSES the receipt? Whoever finds it will then have her RxRewards number!!!! Never mind that they will ALSO have her name, address, phone number & Rx number/medication name....they can do some SERIOUS damage with that RxRewards number! o_O

Ask her next time she complains if she would like you to move the entire department a couple feet to the left. :p

Reminds me of a guy that came in and had a list of complaints about our restroom, he wanted us to contact corporate with his list of complaints, and expected corporate to spend several million dollars changing the restrooms to meet his standards.
We have a pharmacy guest who complains about something almost EVERY time she comes in. When we changed to the new version of the bottles, it was the new non-safety caps, then it was the bottles themselves, now it's the print on the labels (which we've received NUMEROUS complaints about, actually), and she doesn't like that we have to "look her up" every time she picks something up....and that there's a computer monitor on the counter. My personal favorite, though: that her RxRewards number is now printed on her receipt, because what if she LOSES the receipt? Whoever finds it will then have her RxRewards number!!!! Never mind that they will ALSO have her name, address, phone number & Rx number/medication name....they can do some SERIOUS damage with that RxRewards number! o_O

Ask her next time she complains if she would like you to move the entire department a couple feet to the left. :p
I can't wait to hear what she has to say when we go through our remodel...:rolleyes: (where's a gun emoji when you need one? LOL!)

TTOG: I would appreciate it if you wouldn't wipe your nose with your fingers, then proceed to touch everything within an arms' reach. I offered you a tissue MULTIPLE times for a reason. You're an adult, I would think you would KNOW better!!! :mad: No wonder there's a flu epidemic going around my area right now :(

To every guest who walks around on speaker phone at full blast talking about anything "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" and get a mic and earphones like everyone else..

I have had some of the best guests this last week. Thank you to each and every one of you for finding a tl or etl (in one case they talked to my STL) to talk me up. I appreciate it so much.

To the hoity toity guests we are expecting soon...I put in for a split shift that daynot for you but for the kids you are helping.

To that guest: you are a freaking liar. I had already turned off my check lane light, uhmm 5 minutes ago. Then she comes over and starts putting things on the belt when my light was off. I tell her "I'm sorry miss, I'm closed." You know what she tells me, "when I came over here the light was still turned on." Oh god, that is so dumb. You weren't even in the lanes give minutes ago. Your lie was not going to give you what you wanted.

TTOG: Ma'am, you do realise that there are several lanes open with cashiers standing at the end of their lanes with the lights on? Why did you go to the one lane that was obviously closed and start unloading your cart? The lights were off and there wasn't anyone anywhere near it. I honestly felt bad about how awkward the GSA was when she told you the lane wasn't open.

TTOG: Ma'am, you do realise that there are several lanes open with cashiers standing at the end of their lanes with the lights on? Why did you go to the one lane that was obviously closed and start unloading your cart? The lights were off and there wasn't anyone anywhere near it. I honestly felt bad about how awkward the GSA was when she told you the lane wasn't open.
I had a guest do that one night when I was coming back from my break. He's standing there and asks me as I walk by "Aren't you going to ring me out?" I said "I'm sorry sir, but that lane is closed and I have to get back to the pharmacy, but one of the other cashiers will be happy to help you at their lane." He complained to the STL, saying "the light was on and 'the pharmacy girl' just walked away after she rang someone else out." The STL asked if I turned it off and he said I hadn't, I just walked away and RUDELY told him to move. The STL said "Well, I guess we will have to get the light checked then, because the switch is in the off position and I'm not sure how she rang someone else out because that register has been broken for over a week!" He then pulled the 'DON'T USE!!!! OUT OF ORDER!!!!' post-it off the monitor and showed it to the guest....BUSTED!!!!

That thing about guests unloading their cart when the light is turned off is unfortunately an usual occurrence at my store. It's so pathetic when guests are so manipulative and lie.

I had a guest do that one night when I was coming back from my break. He's standing there and asks me as I walk by "Aren't you going to ring me out?" I said "I'm sorry sir, but that lane is closed and I have to get back to the pharmacy, but one of the other cashiers will be happy to help you at their lane." He complained to the STL, saying "the light was on and 'the pharmacy girl' just walked away after she rang someone else out." The STL asked if I turned it off and he said I hadn't, I just walked away and RUDELY told him to move. The STL said "Well, I guess we will have to get the light checked then, because the switch is in the off position and I'm not sure how she rang someone else out because that register has been broken for over a week!" He then pulled the 'DON'T USE!!!! OUT OF ORDER!!!!' post-it off the monitor and showed it to the guest....BUSTED!!!!

Oh please do tell how that guest reacted. :)

To douche-dad #2: You ordered a $6 drink for yourself then an icee for your cute little girl.
When I told you icees were at the other counter, you looked at her & said "Sorry kid, they're out! Want some water instead?" She didn't fuss but simply said OK.
You are a prick of the highest order.

To that one guest scheming cunt:

Even after you escalated your return of a 90% eaten box of raspberries to the STL he still denied you because you have done this shit before. Yes go to that other store and return it there, we won't let you do it here. Calling target india (corporate) will do you no good either over a stupid box of raspberries. Oh some of them were rotten and you want a refund? Shouldn't have eaten most of them...glad you do most of your shopping elsewhere now per your own words. Please continue to stay away.

To the guest who's redcard discount I fucked up:

Thank you for being patient. I did get you your discount in the end and I'm sorry it took so long. Had to do multiple post voids of returns/re-purchases because I forgot to adjust the price of your iPad down to the price you got it for on black friday when we did the re-buy. Did a missed coupon for $25 after that because he hit his limit on the redcard and the post void wouldn't remove the charge until several days from now.

Oh this guy was particularly bad,

He expected us to have some sort of high-tech device that automatically cleaned toilet seats after every use (think he described it as some sort of rotation where the dirty seat spun into the wall to be cleaned and a clean one rotated out to take its place), said they were used at airports. He wanted us to get sinks where you didn't have to touch them to activate them. He wanted hand dryers that didn't require touching the handle, he wanted some sort of toilet paper sanitizing system made by Panasonic that supposedly sanitized the paper with some sort of electromagnetic frequency.

If he just said we needed to clean our restrooms more often I might've agreed, but sorry dude, we're not spending a quarter million dollars updating our restrooms to be the highest tech restrooms on the planet.

He seemed to think these were all perfectly reasonable requests too which made it funnier. He also thought our ETL-HR had the ability to make the decision and have the changes made on a corporate level.

If it was a young kid I'd have been sure he was trolling, but this guy was about 60, and he seemed dead serious.

The hand dryer thing, I can understand. Why we don't have those (or at least my store) is beyond me.

TTOG: Mam' you can't write "fiddy" on your check it's "fifty"

This is the greatest thing ever.

OKAY THIS IS ONE OF THOSE AMAZING STORIES.

COMES ALONG ONCE IN A BLUE MOON

DYING

To that one pregnant guest...
Why do you have such a major attitude? Do you not see you're getting on your husband's nerves? And sorry I can't answer your very specific questions about highchairs, but if you haven't noticed, I'm a little young to know anything about that. Also, I've helped plenty of nice pregnant guests in the past, so I'm guessing that it's not your hormones getting to you. You probably were just as rude to people nine months ago.

TTOG: I love how when I told you 5 times that you needed the coupon to get that promotion you didn't believe me and insisted that the sign said you didn't need one, but as soon as I call my GSTL over and he tells you the same thing, you say "Oh, she didn't tell me that." Like no, I told you that multiple times, but thanks for throwing me under the bus.

To that other guest: "Are there any promotions for this -random and obscure product I've never heard of before-?"
"I'm not sure, ma'am; there might be something on Cartwheel if you have that downloaded and want to check?"
"Why don't you know?! It's your job to know!"

Believe it or not, I actually don't spend my free time memorizing every single Cartwheel, print-out, in-ad, and mobile coupon Target puts out each week. If you want a discount, you should have checked beforehand.

Last edited:
To the guest that just had me toss $40 worth of pictures: please get your eyes examined. Your daughter may be a fair skinned Irish girl, but your son in law is very obviously of European descent. Photos of your grandson aren't "overwhelmingly brown", those are your SIL's genes showing through.

To that one guest: Instocks sees everything, but you don't always see us. So while I was crouched behind a fixture scanning outs, I certainly did see you knock that bra on the floor. Normally, I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but the effort you put in to trying to shove it under the gondola with your foot because you're too much of a lazy piece of lard to pick it up yourself (which probably required way more effort than just bending down and picking it up would have in the first place) then warranted an "oops, looks like you dropped something there!". The look on your face was priceless, thank you!

Oh please do tell how that guest reacted. :)
The funny thing was that he was still IN THE LANE when the STL just happened to walk by. I don't think he knew to whom he was speaking! I guess he asked if he "had to MOVE EVERYTHING?" and the STL said "Yes." If he had just gotten into one of the lines initially, he would've been gone a good 10 minutes earlier!!! :rolleyes:

TTOG: Come on now, you're a regular in this store! Do. You. Want. It. All. On. The. Card?!?!?

TTOG: No, we dont have boxes for free... this isn't Macy's or JCP. Not gonna break your budget to buy a pack for $3 since you have the money for all that wine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back