To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ttog, learn what sales tax is for fucks sake!

Guest: *after seeing the total* But this item was on sale!
Me: Ma'am, that's the tax that you see
Guest: But it says that it was on sale on the shelf!
Me: Yes but this is the tax
Guest: THIS IS ON SALE WHY IS IT RINGING UP SO MUCH
Me: I'm sorry but I can't take the tax off-
Guest: FINE! *walks off and leaves her cart at the boat so I can put her shit away*
I had to explain tax to someone Monday as well. She just kept arguing, "the sign says $X, it didn't mention tax! I've lived here my entire life and have never been charged tax on this!"" I said, "EVERYTHING you buy in (my state) has tax added!" She said, "gas doesn't...." I responded that "gas taxes are added into the price at the pump, that's why stations from the same chain in different towns can be charging different prices!" How do you live in a state "your entire life" (and she was in her 50s or 60s) and not know you have to pay sales tax? I could understand if she was a transplant from a state without it on certain items (I know some states don't charge on food,) but I'm fairly certain every state charges tax on shampoo???

I had to explain tax to someone Monday as well. She just kept arguing, "the sign says $X, it didn't mention tax! I've lived here my entire life and have never been charged tax on this!"" I said, "EVERYTHING you buy in (my state) has tax added!" She said, "gas doesn't...." I responded that "gas taxes are added into the price at the pump, that's why stations from the same chain in different towns can be charging different prices!" How do you live in a state "your entire life" (and she was in her 50s or 60s) and not know you have to pay sales tax? I could understand if she was a transplant from a state without it on certain items (I know some states don't charge on food,) but I'm fairly certain every state charges tax on shampoo???

I grew up in AK where there isn't a sales tax (yet) and it was so hard to get used to the tax when I moved NJ.
Coming back was kind of pleasant knowing that I wouldn't have to tack that 6.5% to everything.

I grew up in AK where there isn't a sales tax (yet) and it was so hard to get used to the tax when I moved NJ.
Coming back was kind of pleasant knowing that I wouldn't have to tack that 6.5% to everything.
Is it 6.5% all across the state? Where I live, it varies from county to county and even some cities.

TTOG: you walked right past the damn self-checkouts to get to pharmacy & ask us to ring you out. We'll get you & your 3 packages of donuts as soon as we can. Oh, you're "in a hurry!"? Well, we're hurrying to fill the pharmacy customers' rxs! #sorrynotsorry

Dang, 6.5% would be nice. We're charged 8%, my county adds an extra .5%, and the city and extra .25% on top of that!

TTOG: Don't tell me I should probably turn on my light. I politely explained that I was on back up. Also rolling your eyes cuz I had to call up the GSA cuz a check didn't go through wasn't appreciated.

You would be annoyed every time you backed up at my store because we are required to have our light on as long as we are busy.

TTOG: Don't tell me I should probably turn on my light. I politely explained that I was on back up. Also rolling your eyes cuz I had to call up the GSA cuz a check didn't go through wasn't appreciated.

Lol I hate that. I keep my light off so I can do my regular job. You are lucky I got on the lanes to get you through quicker.

To that one scammer: If you're coupon shopping for 3 hours and you ask me to pull 20 bottles of head and shoulders, 20 summer's eve products, 24 bottles of Tresemme 20 bottles of Olay body wash, and 20 bottles of Caress body wash, don't claim you "have a big family". I've seen you come in here at least 5 other times doing the same thing and I overheard you talking about how you come here at the end of the week right when Cartwheel is about to expire. I know what you're doing.

And here is reshop from items the guest didn't buy because the coupons didn't work out-

IMG_0070.JPG

TToG: Don't get mad at me that you can't flowr instructions. When you place a site to store order you need to have the name of the person picking it up. Don't get madder when I tell you how to fix it from the email and it'll take about a minute to go through. When you start bitching that it's illogical that your name had to be on the order when your wife placed it and I can only see her name, it just makes you look like a douche.

To the guest after that guy with the same problem: thanks for listening and fixing it BEFORE you got to the front of the line. You the real mvp.

To that one scammer: If you're coupon shopping for 3 hours and you ask me to pull 20 bottles of head and shoulders, 20 summer's eve products, 24 bottles of Tresemme 20 bottles of Olay body wash, and 20 bottles of Caress body wash, don't claim you "have a big family". I've seen you come in here at least 5 other times doing the same thing and I overheard you talking about how you come here at the end of the week right when Cartwheel is about to expire. I know what you're doing.

And here is reshop from items the guest didn't buy because the coupons didn't work out-

View attachment 2666

Doesn't your store apply any limits? My store did that whether or not the scammer/guest was using coupons.

Ttog in toys, I don't know why but it was extremely satisfying when you were like "don't even THINK about asking for anything!" when your kid was throwing a fit because you wouldn't buy him pokemon cards. I love seeing bratty children not get what they want

Too ALL those guests... boy sure sucks that the Head and Shoulders coupon AND the Tresseme coupons didn't work out the way you wanted them to. It was even better when the STL came by and said I will need to double check the receipts of guests who "forgot to use their coupons".
Oh shit you got those people too? We had some shelf clearers try to do that to the front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back