To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason all of our ads for giftcards today in the Toilet Paper/Paper Towel area were all messed up, and I had a lady today speak up about it because the sign was right there, so I gave her the gift card.

What she utters next legitimately pissed me off "But the tag on the picture says $13.99? They rang up at $18.99" Not only does she KNOW she has the wrong ones, but she literally sat here and bullied me into giving her the $13.99 deal. She apologized and everything like 4 times and I said "its okay it's my job, our signs were all messed up" but her apologies were so empty.

She didn't care, she knew exactly what she was doing, despite being told by me, my GSTL, then our GSA, that they're the wrong ones but we gave her the gift card anyways, but she belittled me into giving her the $5 off each of them now JUST because the sale tag said $13.99 when she had the $18.99. I felt so red, I've never felt so taken advantaged of lol.

She tried to sugarcoat it with "sorry im a mom from a city 30 miles away on a business trip" yeah I don't care lol just take your free $15 and leave. Now if only everyone else got as lucky as you.

TTOG: Why must your breastfeed your child sitting outside the fitting room especially if you do not use any kind of cover? Couldn't you go sit in one of the rooms? I respect people's right to breastfeed; however you made another tm and myself really uncomfortable when you just...whipped it out in the open.

Touchy subject

Better question how Target let that happen. We aren't black card status; credit limit usually 1/3 of your income. Highest Ive seen is $1000.

Same. It's the first time I've seen a double digit like that. If we were to assume the guy is rich...why on earth would he waste time with a 5% discount at Target? Lmfao, this guest is a man of mystery.

What she utters next legitimately pissed me off "But the tag on the picture says $13.99? They rang up at $18.99" Not only does she KNOW she has the wrong ones, but she literally sat here and bullied me into giving her the $13.99 deal. She apologized and everything like 4 times and I said "its okay it's my job, our signs were all messed up" but her apologies were so empty.
Fuck that, that's why I'm glad I have the mydevice when Im backing up. If a guest tries guilt tripping me or pulling the "well the sign said 'xx'" I'll just scan it and show them what the system says. They always shut up as soon as I pull the scanner out too.

TTOG: Quit being an entitled princess. You got to electronics and hit the call button. The Electronics TM responds nearly immediately and explains politely that he's trying to help 3 other guests and he will get to you asap and that unfortunately there were no other TMs on the floor (backing up registers). You don't get to proceed to hit the button again after he finished with guest #1 and demand again that he help you. I laughed my ass off (after she left and in TSC) when you came to complain at the GS desk that the TM yelled at you and one of the guests you kept trying to rudely skip followed you up, clarified the situation and even admitted to telling you to STFU and wait your GD turn.

TTOtherG: Thank you for making my day. That. Was. AWESOME. Have some cake!:)

I got a guest approved for $3,000 before. I was like "dang!"

How do know what the limit is on the guests Red Card?

When they apply in store; they get a temporary red card and it has their credit limit. Basically it's a piece of paper with a barcode.

TTOG: Why must your breastfeed your child sitting outside the fitting room especially if you do not use any kind of cover? Couldn't you go sit in one of the rooms? I respect people's right to breastfeed; however you made another tm and myself really uncomfortable when you just...whipped it out in the open.

Seriously? $1000. My limit is A LOT higher than that....o_O
Same here; mine's much higher than I'd ever spend.

TTOG: You had a stroller with a squalling newborn & a wailing toddler parked right near my counter while you waited for your mommy-friend to finish checking out.
When she was done, did you take your crying kids home? NOOOOOOOOO!
You had to stand there & visit with her while she bounced a baby on her hip & HER toddler was trying to pull her away!
After enough disproving looks by passing moms, you FINALLY took poor squalling newborn out & calmed him while toddler continued to wail.
Fortunately the mom-buddy extricated herself from your nattering so she could get HER kids out before they started up.

TTOG: believe it or not it took two whole years working at the service desk for someone to call me a retard, at least to my face anyway. And yes, you do always have problems with me because I don't let you get away with murder with returns/coupons, oh and I'm not sorry for ruining your attempt at coupon frauding our newest front end team member because you saw their 'New Team Member' name tag.

TTOG: believe it or not it took two whole years working at the service desk for someone to call me a retard, at least to my face anyway. And yes, you do always have problems with me because I don't let you get away with murder with returns/coupons, oh and I'm not sorry for ruining your attempt at coupon frauding our newest front end team member because you saw their 'New Team Member' name tag.
Can you become my GSA? All of the GSA at my store pull the "just give it to them" shit whenever I call a bad coupon. I get they want to avoid drama, but sometimes drama is needed to show people that we don't deal with that shit.

Can you become my GSA? All of the GSA at my store pull the "just give it to them" shit whenever I call a bad coupon. I get they want to avoid drama, but sometimes drama is needed to show people that we don't deal with that shit.

I go with the 'just give it to them' mentality up until they're a constant repeat offender and have been told NO by my veterans so they try it out on the clearly new people. It's one thing to try and break the rules and be told no, its another thing to continue to try and break them after being told no several times.

TTOG:

I know you were pissed when I asked your kids if they were going to hang up everything they pulled off the pegs on the bottom row but they put everything back where it belonged so you're welcome. SOMEONE has to do your job!!!
I won't apologize for teaching kids proper manners when their parents will not.

Would love to know what you say and do!!

The problem with coupons is that occasionally the register messes up and rejects a coupon that is actually good. So frequent fliers know that they can present "bad" coupons and we'll question the software and push it through.

I get manufacturer coupons that are 100% legit, and the guest has the required items, and the damn register still won't honor it. I put it through as a Target coupon because the guest deserves to get their legit discount.

Now the couponers who know how to work the system don't get the benefit of the doubt. But they generally go to a new cashier or someone doing back up. They know better than to go to SD or a seasoned cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back