To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
is your store low volume? we wouldn't close the restroom unless we were doing a SERIOUS clean up (like all over the floors). your store doesn't seriously make you mop the floor every hour do they ? :D
Were a pfresh store, kinda big.

And sadly yes, although me and other CAs normally don't, but our ETL says we should devote the extra 2 mins and mop the floor to keep it brand. Usually we just check it off, but lately we have been getting alot of dirt in our store restrooms and just the other day we had feces covering the womens floor restroom. You would think the ladies room would be the cleanest but in my experience the mens restroom is always tidy. Everytime I clean the womens restroom, there is always paper on the floor, for the mens its just a matter of filling up the toilet paper.

Yeh, I'm always embarrassed for my gender when I see how much they trash the women's restroom.
The guys' is usually cleaner but smells because they don't always flush.

Funny, my store almost NEVER cleans the restroom. Its not a rare occurrence at all for the female GSTL/GSAs to pull a male cashier off their lane and tell them to go hit the button in the bathroom. I have seen the same muddy footprints on the floor for days more than once.

...That one guest who zig zags in front of you when you're trying to push a row of carts back to the front of the store. Sir/ma'am, we don't call this a "Train" of carts for nothing...because you can't stop a train!

Were a pfresh store, kinda big.

And sadly yes, although me and other CAs normally don't, but our ETL says we should devote the extra 2 mins and mop the floor to keep it brand. Usually we just check it off, but lately we have been getting alot of dirt in our store restrooms and just the other day we had feces covering the womens floor restroom. You would think the ladies room would be the cleanest but in my experience the mens restroom is always tidy. Everytime I clean the womens restroom, there is always paper on the floor, for the mens its just a matter of filling up the toilet paper.

Agreed, men's is always cleaner. Most I ever have to do is swiffer the floor mostly by the urinals. Women's on the other hand is where we always have code browns and other disgusting, unsightly fiascos. I have also come to the conclusion that women have toilet paper fiestas in our bathrooms. I don't understand how so many bits of paper end up on the floor.

I've had a long standing theory that MOST women think it is beneath them to clean up after themselves if they make a mess. While guys have more likely had to do similar jobs in their past so they empathize with people doing a dirty job and are more willing to clean up after themselves.

those little pieces of paper are from the ends of the toilet paper. When you grab at the roll, and get just the very end, a little piece falls to the floor. Those that feel ownership and are willing to clean up after themselves clean it up. It's not painful to grab a piece of paper and quickly clean up. Many don't feel that it's necessary. hence, the paper party on the floor.

Then there are the people who think they need to put a couple of inches worth of paper on the toilet seat before they will sit on it. The huge amount of paper winds up either clogging up the toilet or all over the floor.

To the mom who told her kids to 'not' flush the toilet because it was 'covered in germs', it was almost worth being deafened by your shriek of horror when you discovered your toddler on his hands & knees on the FLOOR! :diablo:

Thank you for being such a sweet old lady. The fact that you asked so nicely for me to double-bag so and so items (and at the same time had more or less valid reasons for doing so!) made it a pleasure for me to do so for me.

Thank you as well for being polite and ASKING if I could give you a large bag, instead of just doing what most everyone else does and reaching over/grabbing for one - You want it? Here, have it! <3

And it also made my day that you were telling me how sweet/nice I am, and how you always try to see if I'm working so you can come to me versus any of the other cashiers.

Gave me a smile and made my day all the more brighter. :)

To the guest trying to use expired coupons: did you REALLY think you could pass them off by cropping off the expiration date on top? You demanded to know how I 'knew' it was expired so I swung my screen around for you to see. Then you got even more rude when my GSTL told you we couldn't accept ANY of your coupons without exp dates, saying that not 'all' coupons HAVE exp dates. True, but they say NO EXPIRATION DATE. I (& the other guests behind you) were glad when you made your drama exit w/o buying anything, announcing that you were going to WALMART!
*Gasp* Not WALMART! Oh, it just BREAKS my heart to hear that -- NOT!

To the guest who said her "$400 coach purse" was ruined because someone spilled red arctic blast in the child seat of your cart. My sincerest apologies. I should definitely pay to have that dry-cleaned for you. After telling you there was nothing I can do and I am very sorry that it happened you b****** at me and my STL. Hope I run into you sometime soon... possibly with my car.

I am so sick of the guests that let their kids run amok in the store and stand in carts and lie down on the bottom of the carts. I used to say something now it's like I don't flipping care they don't care obviously....

To the guest who said her "$400 coach purse" was ruined because someone spilled red arctic blast in the child seat of your cart. My sincerest apologies. I should definitely pay to have that dry-cleaned for you. After telling you there was nothing I can do and I am very sorry that it happened you b****** at me and my STL. Hope I run into you sometime soon... possibly with my car.

LOL oh wow, i just almost drowned myself... can't read this forum and drink water at the same time!

Had a guest the other day that questioned the price saying the sign said it was $6.99 and not the $12.99 it rang up. Then he proceeds to show me the picture of the sign that he took with his phone! The sign was in there sideways which if I remember my sf training means they're in the process of changing something. I gave him the price just because he was nice about it and not rude like some of them.

Had a guest the other day that questioned the price saying the sign said it was $6.99 and not the $12.99 it rang up. Then he proceeds to show me the picture of the sign that he took with his phone! The sign was in there sideways which if I remember my sf training means they're in the process of changing something. I gave him the price just because he was nice about it and not rude like some of them.

Thats not very good practice to leave a sign in like that though :)

Why would he have taken a picture of THAT sign i wonder? Sounds fishy to me.

Why would he have taken a picture of THAT sign i wonder? Sounds fishy to me.
It did to me, too. But considering the price difference it wasn't worth making a fuss about. Actually, you couldn't even see what kinds of clothes were even on that.

Denied my first guest at Service Desk just the other day :D They just stormed off and didn't even ask to speak to my boss :)

Got called over to service desk, and they had a Revlon hair iron (or w/e they are) that had no packaging. She had the receipt but it was over 100 days old, and she said that it was defective. I just told her that items can only be returned with a receipt or method of payment dated within 90 days, and any defects outside the 90 days of purchase need to be handled with the manufacturer :) Oh man she was PISSED!

Had another guest come in with a kids backpack that had something wrong with it, said it was a gift and had no receipt, gift receipt, or method of payment. Told her we could only give her the lowest price in the past 90 days ($2 less than she said she paid), and she actually started to break down crying towards the end (after verbally attacking me+gstl+gstm). This is best practice right? Even if they want to exchange it? POS wouldn't let me even exchange on Drivers License.

Love having the banhammer on the front end (so to speak!) :D :D

Had a guest attempt to return a child's backpack because he "didn't like it".
Denied it because he apparently liked it well enough to write his name all over it in black sharpy.

It did to me, too. But considering the price difference it wasn't worth making a fuss about. Actually, you couldn't even see what kinds of clothes were even on that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe this is a thing at just my store; but cashiers are only supposed to do a price change if it's +/- $2. Any more (like $6 in your case) would require a GSTL approval.

Idk the extent of your training tho. lol I would almost always handle it myself because even as a cashier i always had a walkie.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe this is a thing at just my store; but cashiers are only supposed to do a price change if it's +/- $2. Any more (like $6 in your case) would require a GSTL approval.

I was told it's $20. And it's the same with No Barcode items (above $20 needs DPCI). I think manually entered coupons have to have a GSTL override above a certain amount though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back