To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the lady attempting to buy the bags of Starbucks coffee with her SB card: Yes, I know you want to get the giftcard for buying X bags of coffee but the promo is ONLY for the ground coffee sold in the store & it will NOT work with your SB card. Why? Because it's under a groc dept instead of Starbucks so your card will NOT recognize it as SB merch.
Yes, it's Starbucks coffee & a Starbucks card but it's a TARGET promotion, NOT Starbucks. And there's not a d@mn thing I can do about it.

To that one guest: You are the rudest mother I have ever seen or heard. How dare you talk that badly to your child, not only in public but ever. Sure your daughter might not be in "an aerobics class" but to tell your daughter that she is stupid and wasting your time by looking at all C9 clothing is really low, oh and I believe you also told her that you wouldn't waist your money on that either. I'm pretty sure you have waisted money on things for your greety self. Then to tell your daughter more degrading and belittling things in front of me and my fellow team member, not to mention another mother and her daughter was very very shameful of you. I hope to god that your daughter doesn't have self -esteem issues already or doesn't get them when she is older. Apart of me also hopes to god that your daughter becomes a rebellious little 16 year old and gives you living hell for being so horrible to her at such a young age. You have no idea how badly I wanted to smack you across the face and tell you to get the hell out of my store for being a total B*tch.

Do you guys grind and tamp your own shots?
My daughters solution to that kind of crap is to set the grind to Turkish which is so fine that the bottom of the cup is a sludge of grounds.
They usually don't know until they are well away and if they come back she just smiles and says "I'm sorry, what grind did you want? You were so busy on the phone you didn't answer the first time I asked."
I only wish.
The machines we have now are pretty much automated; steam milk, pull shots.
Not much time to add extras before putting the lid on.

My team has been caught pulling decaf shots for asshat guests........

Don't mess with the caffeination; instead of putting dairy milk in their drinks, put some milk of magnesia.

To that one guest last night.....you hadn't even gotten up to the register yet, and you were asking me if they were going to open another lane.....glad to see patience is your strong suit......and thanks for being less than impressed when I told you I would let them know that they were being inconvenienced by having to wait for a minute....

To that one guest last night.....you hadn't even gotten up to the register yet, and you were asking me if they were going to open another lane.....glad to see patience is your strong suit......and thanks for being less than impressed when I told you I would let them know that they were being inconvenienced by having to wait for a minute....

Did they not notice that there was no one on the sales floor? I was talking to one of my former managers from Kohl's who was in shopping Monday night and she said they have the same problem there, also. No one on the sales floor. They were stretched thin, also. And you had people hounding you for things like we at Target are asked to do.

It makes me mad the entitlement people feel when it comes to waiting in line. You are too important to wait in line for 3 minutes? Maybe you shouldn't have gone shopping then. I know there are times when there are lines 10 people long and then they have a legit complaint. But if you're third in line? Get over yourself and wait like the rest of the people had to ever since retail stores existed.

It makes me mad the entitlement people feel when it comes to waiting in line. You are too important to wait in line for 3 minutes? Maybe you shouldn't have gone shopping then. I know there are times when there are lines 10 people long and then they have a legit complaint. But if you're third in line? Get over yourself and wait like the rest of the people had to ever since retail stores existed.

You mean I'm NOT the most important person in the world?! Way to burst my bubble!

We all hate those guests who can't put their phones down for a few seconds to check out. I had one the other day, she didn't even acknowledge the cheery "Hi there" I gave and acted like I was invisible. When one of the 3 items she had asked for a price I tried to ask her if she knew. She shut me down with a dismissive wave and said "I don't know, just put it back" and went back to her call telling them she was sorry that she's "trying" to check out and gave an exasperated sigh. I hit total and handed her the receipt. She left without another word to me. :dash2: I just shook my head and went on to the next guest. To my surprise she knew the first lady and said to me with a sympathetic smile "don't let her bother you, she treats everyone that way. I used to work for her and she's even worse with employees. No one works for her very long." I thanked her as she left and wondered how people could be like the first lady.
:crazy:

Ah, to that one particular last guest of the night...

After spending an hour in One Spot, making little piles of stuff on the floor to organize your 100 little items, then you proceeded to wander about the store for two hours. Then, after 3 announcements telling you the store was closing, you were totally oblivious to even the lights turning off. Then, after being asked by the GSTL if you were done shopping, it still toom you ten minutes to arrive at my checklane, cart overflowing with everything from bedding to shoes to dollar stuff. After ringing you out for 20 minutes, then you proceeded to writw your $900 check and interrogate me as to how we process checks. How the hell should I know? Then your check wouldn't go, and you swipe a check card, which didn't go through until you selected to use it as credit. When you left and sat in your car, my manager asked if you were ok and you told him "someone was rude to you" and that your dad hung himself a month ago, two things that had nothing to do with us. All I had to say was, thanks for the extra half hour of pay dealing with your grief shopping, but I still would have enjoyed getting home earlier than that...

I know how you feel wageslave. About a year ago I had "THE COUPON LADY" as my last guest. You know her, there's one in every store. She comes to my lane as the lights are going off, with a heaping cart. She then watches me like a hawk to make sure everything rings up at the right price. It takes nearly 10 minutes just to ring up all she had. Then comes out the wad of coupons. I try not to groan, but I knew they were coming so I start plowing through them. Of course she's over the limit on several items and it takes me, the GSA and the LOD to convince her that there is a limit to how many she can use per item. My LOD even overrode a few things just to get her out of there. By the time we're done everyone else has left and we watch as she FINALLY leaves. My husband waiting for me outside had started to get worried as we last 3 leave the store, but he said he understood when he saw the woman pushing the cart to her car. The whole transaction had taken 30 minutes, mainly because of her arguing. When I transferred to my new store I had hoped never to see that woman again. BUT NO, she has a twin here too.
:wacko::angry::dash3::girl_cry2:

I know how you feel wageslave. About a year ago I had "THE COUPON LADY" as my last guest. You know her, there's one in every store. She comes to my lane as the lights are going off, with a heaping cart. She then watches me like a hawk to make sure everything rings up at the right price. It takes nearly 10 minutes just to ring up all she had. Then comes out the wad of coupons. I try not to groan, but I knew they were coming so I start plowing through them. Of course she's over the limit on several items and it takes me, the GSA and the LOD to convince her that there is a limit to how many she can use per item. My LOD even overrode a few things just to get her out of there. By the time we're done everyone else has left and we watch as she FINALLY leaves. My husband waiting for me outside had started to get worried as we last 3 leave the store, but he said he understood when he saw the woman pushing the cart to her car. The whole transaction had taken 30 minutes, mainly because of her arguing. When I transferred to my new store I had hoped never to see that woman again. BUT NO, she has a twin here too.
:wacko::angry::dash3::girl_cry2:

I think I had her cousin today.....IN THE PHARMACY!!!! :dash2: I wasn't even supposed to be working the register and was on my way to take my break when she shows up to pick up a prescription. She asks if she can "check out a few items" and I stupidly said "Sure" and she pulls her cart from behind the wall and it's fricking OVERFLOWING with the damned BINDER in the seat. I FINALLY got to go on my break AFTER it was supposed to be OVER because on top of the damned coupons, she also had everything written down for the Cartwheel app AND 2 different sets of mobile coupons and had to make sure it ALL came off (which, of course, it all didn't because she didn't have the right things for all of them as some specifically said you couldn't use them on travel sizes, which she had) :angry:

TTOG: I don't know how many ways I can tell you that a prescription is only good for 1 year (and that particular one was only good for 6 months), REGARDLESS of how many refills the bottle says you have. I even showed you where it said "X refills to 4/3/2012" (yes, it was THAT old). I'm glad I wasn't the one who had to call you to tell you the doctor DENIED the refill, saying you had to be seen (gee, REALLY? He wouldn't refill your 2 YEAR OLD RX FOR NORCO without seeing you?!?!?! I'm SHOCKED!!!!) because I'm SURE that call was FUN!!!

To that one guest: When you first asked for help with your smartphone, I figured you would be another grumpy person who just wanted to complain. But you genuinely listened to what I helped you with and were so excited after I helped you figure out your e-gift card so you could use it. Thank you for appreciating the time I took to help you, most people seem to expect that.

To all the spoiled bridezillas who keep asking if they get a free drink on their wedding day: NO!!!
If ANY Starbucks does it, it would be a stand-alone, NOT a corp franchise so take your self-entitled spoiled a$$ down the street & AWAY from my counter!
Now if you'll EXCUSE me, I have degreaser bottles to refill....

To the woman who thought the Target checkout line would be the right place to confront her daughter on bullying her friends while making her unload and reload the entire cart of crap you bought, it's not.

I see so many terrible parents every day and feel so helpless. Then those kids grow up to be terrible parents because they never stood a chance. The cycle continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back