To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one ETL: Thank you for remembering from our "overnight days" that I'd much rather work re-shop than cash. Except I'm not gonna get much done when I only have 15 minutes left in my shift.

To that one GSA: The cashier training guide says to use the Additional Assistance button when one's line exceeds 1+1. Don't tell me not to hit the button and say that "you can manage on your own without me doing that." If you could manage, my line wouldn't be 1+6.

To my DTL and/or Corporate: If you don't want cashiers to work on tasks between guests, then give us hours to allocate to another workcenter so they can zone the front end, push/re-shop One Spot, empty our re-shop and hanger bins, and re-fill our bags. If we don't do those things, they don't get done. I know guest service is the priority, but we can't just let the front end look like shit and not have the necessary tools to do our jobs (i.e. bags).

To my DTL and/or Corporate: If you don't want cashiers to work on tasks between guests, then give us hours to allocate to another workcenter so they can zone the front end, push/re-shop One Spot, empty our re-shop and hanger bins, and re-fill our bags. If we don't do those things, they don't get done. I know guest service is the priority, but we can't just let the front end look like shit and not have the necessary tools to do our jobs (i.e. bags).

If we're slow, I don't mind doing that stuff (I actually enjoy zoning). But when we are super busy, we really need CAs to take care of the hangers, reshop, baskets, etc. Yesterday was CRAZY insane busy at my store, and there was no CA! There was crap left everywhere, just like the holiday season.

Yeah, those tasks pretty well fall to the GSA (to either do or convince the cashiers to do when we are slow) under the heading of keeping the front end brand.

To that one spot.com employee...I have now been attempting to assist this guest for the past 45 minutes. As a GSA, this is 45 minutes I really don't have. You are the third .com employee I've spoken with. The first one put me on hold for 15 minutes before I hung up. The second one left me at a dead end. I tried again asking different questions hoping for a different solution. For all of this, I am not going to waste time arguing with you: I am not giving you my last name. If you want to document this conversation, I've already given you my first name and store number. Believe me, they will find me if they need to. So stop arguing with me about it and go back to working on a solution before I lose all patience.

Yeah, those tasks pretty well fall to the GSA (to either do or convince the cashiers to do when we are slow) under the heading of keeping the front end brand.

This. 90% of my shifts have no cart attendant so I'm doing half of this and leaving the other half to my service desk/cashier TMs to do, thankfully most are very good about it and the rest I can usually place on a lane next to the good ones to help get them motivated. But to that one LOD...

We didn't have a cart attendant. We didn't have one any time that day. When I clocked in we had about 10 carts inside. So when you came up and complained that I was supposed to be speedweaving 90% of my shift and part of that was making sure cashiers were pushing red cards in the approved ways...It's kind of hard to speedweave from the parking lot. When I told you at 8:45 that the trash cans out front were overflowing and none of the cashiers were about to go outside and empty them you said "Just focus on the carts then start closing lanes." When we finished in the CO and you immediately called everyone up to clock out, then as we walked out commented that the trash hadn't gotten done and that wasn't brand...was I supposed to empty the trash into my cash cart?

TTOTM:

Just because you want to have an internal case against someone ... doesn't necessary mean it's worth it to have me watch video of their entire month.
In other words, I found a total loss of $30 attributable to the subject, and even it is arguable under 'the vibe.'

TTOTM:

Just because you want to have an internal case against someone ... doesn't necessary mean it's worth it to have me watch video of their entire month.
In other words, I found a total loss of $30 attributable to the subject, and even it is arguable under 'the vibe.'
whenever I find something out of sorts at the fitting room that can't be explained by the usual pilferage I let the one AP know about it. There seems to be a couple of different internals going on (not that they would or should tell me). But I would never, ever gun for an internal for someone....why be the reason someone's reputation is headed to pot?

TTOTM:

whenever I find something out of sorts at the fitting room that can't be explained by the usual pilferage I let the one AP know about it. There seems to be a couple of different internals going on (not that they would or should tell me). But I would never, ever gun for an internal for someone....why be the reason someone's reputation is headed to pot?

Yep....if something is fishy, I tell AP. If it's fishy about a guest, I want to know if it's something worth mentioning/keeping an eye out for. If it's something with a TM, I just tell them what I know and move on with life.

To the ETL-GE...I hate, hate, HATE your "get a REDCard and I'll cover an extra break for you and get a small coffee" scheme. Because when my cashiers get the REDCards, then you realize you really don't have time to cover an extra break for them, so then I get stuck finagling it all together. When we are tight on cashiers and have small windows for everyone's breaks and lunches to begin with, this adds extra stress I don't need.

But you made the promise, so it's only fair that it's kept. But why in the hell should I be the one to have to keep it and pay for it?!

To whoever thought bringing in the P-Fresh truck was a good idea: I DESPISE EVERYTHING YOU ARE.

Our P-Fresh truck a few days ago was cancelled due to the snow. Okay, fair enough. SOMEONE decided that it was a good idea to get the truck to come in today. At 6PM.

So I got to clock in half an hour early, work on the push line with the one flow team member who hangs out at the store constantly and got to clock in early, and then try and rush toys while the salesfloor (softlines included) pushed the P-Fresh truck. I'm thankful that there wasn't much in terms of back-up, and I'm really glad that the person at GS didn't end up going home early again. I would have strangled someone.

To whoever throws away the shippers in toys: Please don't. I know it doesn't look too good to have empty shippers, but I will almost guarantee you those exact items will somehow come through my reshop and I'll have these stupid toys that I have to leave on the shelf. Like the little wooden individual cars or trains. ugh.

Last edited:
To the three guest services team members: On the past three nights, two of you have fallen ill. The other came into work after you fell. Again. You somehow hit your head on a monthly basis -_-

My department looks like crap.

when loading our hours for a visit it obviously didn't dawn on you that this particular muckety muck would be looking at one of the centers that you have cut hours back immensely. It made me do a little jig to hear the muckety muck was ticked and told you it was unacceptable.

when loading our hours for a visit it obviously didn't dawn on you that this particular muckety muck would be looking at one of the centers that you have cut hours back immensely. It made me do a little jig to hear the muckety muck was ticked and told you it was unacceptable.

Keep in mind that those hours will just be cut from a different workcenter to make up for it.

To the assholes bigwigs at Corporate: how many more things are you going to pile on us in Pharmacy? Not only do we have to ask name/address/dob to verify we have the right person, then ask if they'd like to speak to the pharmacist, we now also have to push RxRewards, texting, (still) flu shots, and now we have to circle the surveys AND write our names on the receipts? Are you serious??? Way to turn every transaction into a 5-minute thing :mad:

Keep in mind that those hours will just be cut from a different workcenter to make up for it.
it's ten hours a week but if I was trying to make things look almost normal I would have not brought one of the 10 extra people in the night before and called the person for that work center in 2 hours early. It would have actually cost them less hours and wouldn't have given them the tongue lashing I heard they got.

To the assholes bigwigs at Corporate: how many more things are you going to pile on us in Pharmacy? Not only do we have to ask name/address/dob to verify we have the right person, then ask if they'd like to speak to the pharmacist, we now also have to push RxRewards, texting, (still) flu shots, and now we have to circle the surveys AND write our names on the receipts? Are you serious??? Way to turn every transaction into a 5-minute thing :mad:

That's crazy!

To the 8 TL and LODs that sit at TSC while the store is open. When the GSTL calls for backup and there is only 2 people in HL(including electronics) and 2 people in SL(including the fitting room) and one person is going up from each department I dont need to hear each and everyone of you say one by one"Team who is responding to that backup?" its only 2 computers at TSC how about one of you go up!

very sorry for the upcoming mega rant:

to my fellow FRO....each and every one of you....get off your lazy asses and zone men's and shoes...even if it is during the day. Also, actually do tags and rewraps. And, get the reshop from up front AND sort it. We have a total of 3 people in softlines all day, nearly every day and if you aren't regularly helping the team you are hurting them.

to my tl's and the etl's....I realize that I do do what I just posted BUT if you want a decent zone in men's/shoes AND a good eye kept on the fitting room and fitting room duties done then you can not keep trying to pile on the duties. I CAN'T do infant hardlines and hear the phone (or see the guests go in to the fitting room(hard to see them all of the time from shoes/men) I try to do reshop but will not kill myself to do so.

I am so freaking tired of going above and beyond and getting no true recognition while other tm's do the bare minimum and are praised up and down. And I am tired for a few others.

to those backroom tm's/etl....I won the skirmish over the Ona shoes....you have moved on to other shoes and I shall win the overall war but I am impressed with whoever is pushing shoes because they are getting more and more creative in where they over push some of said shoes.

to that one tm....you have started stalking me on facebook....I may look all innocent but I can, and will, be a bitch when the need arises and I am getting ready to hand you your ass.

there are a few tm's I would love to say thank you to...the ones who don't bitch and moan over the crap hours, the ones who have a smile on their face and are always helping the guests.

not a team member but I wonder what my stepdad thinks I do at the fitting room because when I said that I had picked up 2 cashier shifts he said "won't that be hard to be standing all that time?

To whoever opened market this morning... thank you once again for not pushing any of the cooler, freezer, pro, or meat autofills. Thank you for leaving me a bin of QMOS to process, thank you for leaving me a smart cart full of cardboard and trash, and thank you for not filling milk or bananas. You really set me up for a great close! I really don't know what you do during your shifts, but we're all getting tired of doing twice the work because you don't do any of yours. Maybe if you stopped walking around with the clipboard all day like you're an ETL or something you might get your work done!

after doing two full shifts as a cashier.....to those tm's who chose to be cashiers....kudos to you!! I do better at the fitting room where guests are more inclined to small talk. While I find every part of working at Target tedious and mind numbing at times, cashiering did it to me my entire shifts. Thankfully, we were extremely busy and the majority of guests were patient (at least to me).

To the big wig who came up with the c9 tags, two tags with the barcode on the inside adds extra time to anything that requires access to that damn barcode. Such a small thing but it annoys me to no end.

It's even more fun dealing with those when cashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back