To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the new ETL,

I don't think you even know my name yet, but thank you for responding to my register light flashing and taking the time to get the change I needed while the GSA was busy. I can tell you are more than a worthy replacement for your predecessor.

To the idiot who thought having a mega sale on sodas this week (5 12 packs for $10) means putting 27 pallets of sodas in RtW ,Girls ,infants and seasonal,And in some area it is 2 pallets deep.......just bite me!
There is no room to move around in softline!

It's 5 for $11 in my market. Last count was sixteen pallets I think. We had to tell them to cut off ordering anything but flavors until some of the six pallets of coke and five of pepper sell down some. I mean, thanks for keeping us in stock the last couple of days, but your line of pallets keeps growing!

To the Log-ETL why the hell do you take my signing pallets out the truck and then put them back in the truck when you are finished unloading?If im hanging signs or not in the building at the time please stage it in my signing area. It is too much extra work for me to go all the way in the truck when you already took it out.

To that 2 month old TM: You're being cross trained from back room to hard lines; that isn't a promotion. We're both team members, but when I give you tasks and projects it's because I'm scheduled as the TLOD and I'm supposed to be running the floor. Get cocky with me and I will end you. I don't need a little pipsqueak coming in trying to tell me what to do when you don't even know what needs to get done.

Last edited:
To the team member that placed a broken picture farm inside a cardboard boxed and jammed it between one of the rolling lines and still so when I tried to pop it out of its stuck position, it popped open and broken glass fell all on the ground by the baler. Thank you dumb Target flow team member. Yes, I'm 99 percent sure it was a flow team member. The flow team at my store never cleans up their messes. They basically break something and leave it on the floor in receiving some where. It's pathetic.

To the idiot who thought having a mega sale on sodas this week (5 12 packs for $10) means putting 27 pallets of sodas in RtW ,Girls ,infants and seasonal,And in some area it is 2 pallets deep.......just bite me!
This explains why I walked into nine, maybe ten, pallets of vendor soda in the stock room last night at the start of my shift....

Our market team currently hates us up front. We have 4 pallets at each entrance of the store (super T, A++ volume store), and we're calling them 5-6 times a day to refill the pallets. I'm not sure what made execs believe that the guests cannot just walk to the aisle for their stuff.

To the STL at my store: There's a reason we love it when you're closing LOD. You constantly go up for back-up, and last night, you told us to leave the 10 carts of push. We assumed you would have overnight do it, but then I saw you pass my aisle with one of them. So thanks!

Whoever works guest service that puts returns into the Reshop cart or just repackages it, please look at the damn thing before you do that. Our guest are getting absolutely sick of getting stuff that isn't marked Repackage that is actually a repackage AND a faulty item. Same with Repackages being faulty.

To the big wig who came up with the c9 tags, two tags with the barcode on the inside adds extra time to anything that requires access to that damn barcode. Such a small thing but it annoys me to no end.

It's even more fun dealing with those when cashing.

Exactly! And my price change people put the clearance sticker on the inside so I walk around looking for something only to discover it's clearance... And then I feel the need to check all of them. Bad times.

I just found out that the printers at GS spit out online item stickers automatically. Why don't they put the stickers on!? And sometimes items are sent to us without the little bag with the barcode and the item doesn't have a dpci. Such a pain.

Anyway, to team member me, thanks for not saying "boobs" today. I was showing someone where the sports bras were and was pointing to those partial mannequins that are wearing the bras and I said "see those b- b-mannequins?" I think she.. And her dad caught it but I would've been so embarrassed if I'd actually said boobs. I have to stop referring to them as the boobs to TMs so I don't have another close call.

I just found out that the printers at GS spit out online item stickers automatically. Why don't they put the stickers on!?

Because sometimes, they just haven't the slightest idea of what the hell they're doing. At my store, it's not unusual to go up to the service desk and see several unused tickets from both printers. And don't even get me started on how they sort re-shop (or don't).

Weeeelllll to be fair mrknownothing while the TMs in sher's case are dumb (online item stickers are like repackage stickers. They're a POS-initiated markdown that functionally replaces the regular barcode for sale purposes...buuut for some dumb reason the PDAs can't read them and you can't defect from them, which is why I generally in the case of either sticker make sure the regular barcode is attached but I'll usually cover the barcode itself with a blank bcode white sticker, because you can position it so it doesn't hide the UPC, and if need be they usually peel off easily without damaging the barcode, but will prevent accidental scanning at the POS), there are some good reasons why tickets would be unused:

For the white label printer, depending on store policy Toss items that are compactor-approved but messy (i.e. damaged or out of temp food items that can't be donated) can just be tossed into the nearest trashcan and the toss label is an unnecessary step for that.

For the red label printer, anytime a return is processed on an item that is clearance, it reprints the clearance sticker. Often this is helpful, as items may have gone clearance since purchase, or may have dropped a % tier or more in the interim. Sometimes however it's redundant and there's really no point to apply an identical label. Smart TMs will check each item before sorting it into a cart to see if the label needs to be applied or not. Dumb ones may ignore it. Mileage may vary, no guarantees apply.

@Cel, there is a way to defect from them! This is especially handy if you have an online item you need to defect after the fact:

Go into the sort function, and hit k3 to defect. On the register next to the one you did that on, do a price check on the item. The price check will give you the dpci in the upper left corner. Punch in that dpci in the sort register and voila! You have yourself a defected repackage/online item.

Our market team currently hates us up front. We have 4 pallets at each entrance of the store (super T, A++ volume store), and we're calling them 5-6 times a day to refill the pallets. I'm not sure what made execs believe that the guests cannot just walk to the aisle for their stuff.
No, they cannot. When I got there yesterday morning, my GSTL had brought up like 50 12 packs for a guest (before knowing we had a limit). After that, the guest came back about a half hour after purchasing the original soda with ten of the 12 packs that she needed to exchange for a different flavor. The first words out of her mouth were that she needed someone to bring her up the other flavor. With nearly no help on the salesfloor, I nearly had to do it myself. I hope that she would have felt rather dumb for that, considering there was no reason she couldn't do it herself (save for laziness).

@Cel, there is a way to defect from them! This is especially handy if you have an online item you need to defect after the fact:

Go into the sort function, and hit k3 to defect. On the register next to the one you did that on, do a price check on the item. The price check will give you the dpci in the upper left corner. Punch in that dpci in the sort register and voila! You have yourself a defected repackage/online item.

guinness-brilliant.jpg

TTOTM: it was no surprise you were cut after the season, but coming to visit weekly just to hang by the registers is not helping your cause. The fact that you may be coming back is making people cringe. If you make it, don't throw your TL under the bus like you did last time.

To the STL at my store: There's a reason we love it when you're closing LOD. You constantly go up for back-up, and last night, you told us to leave the 10 carts of push. We assumed you would have overnight do it, but then I saw you pass my aisle with one of them. So thanks!

I have never seen my current STL with a cart of pulls, abandon, or cashier. My old STL would do all those, plus spend his day in the backroom helping get caught up on backstock if flow had a big truck or call ins.

The Coke merchandisers should be doing this, not TMs. I've called mine back out before their next scheduled visit. They are there at the store at least 6 times a day.

Got told today that by wearing nice khakis, a tank top, and a red cardigan with flats, on my sundays leading the AD team that I'm just "trying to dress like a boss and its not fooling anybody" FUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUU BITCH
I was told to dress nicer on sundays because I am, in fact, LEADING that team and I need to dress and act as such. they answer to me, I'm responsible for their direction, progress, and am accountable for their failures. Whenever the pricing TL gets her head out of her ass and stops pulling a crash and burn long enough to take over AD like she supposed to, then ill listen to your shit. ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back