To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one team member: Do you really think that "threatening" me with putting in your two week notice works? You tell me that almost every single week so it has no meaning to me. I'm sorry you didn't get the schedule that you wanted but i have 50 people that I have to try and make happy and when hours are cut that drastically and i still over scheduled by 50 hours I have to try and be fair.
And honestly, i couldn't care less if you did quit. You are such a whiner and i'm tired of trying to smooth things over with you.

Yes.. I'm burnt out and there's only so much of this bs i can take anymore.
Can I give you MY 2 weeks' notice? LOL!

The last TM that threatened this was told to go ahead, that it would give them a finite number days left dealing with them.
When they 'changed their mind' toward the end, HR told them that there were no hrs for them since they'd hired a replacement. :D

To those hl TLs who occasionally try to take over softlines on our TL-free days, you should learn more about softlines before barking the orders. Those carts of reshop that come from gs have to be sorted first! That's what happens in the fitting room. That's why when it was crazy today we didn't go picking up reshop. That's why all those carts are sitting around after you've continually delivered carts to us. She couldn't print the labels you requested her to print (we have inventory soon and a PDA shortage), keep up with the guests and with the reshop. It was bananas today in softlines.

TTOTM:

We all have things we need to do in the backroom and you do not get to run the whole joint. If I want to mark my clearance on the back of the line I will mark it on the back of the line. If you need to set up for the truck, you can set up around me and I will lay the pallets down for you when I am done. I need space to work as well.

The last TM that threatened this was told to go ahead, that it would give them a finite number days left dealing with them.
When they 'changed their mind' toward the end, HR told them that there were no hrs for them since they'd hired a replacement. :D
I could only wish that would happen.

To that one team member: Do you really think that "threatening" me with putting in your two week notice works? You tell me that almost every single week so it has no meaning to me. I'm sorry you didn't get the schedule that you wanted but i have 50 people that I have to try and make happy and when hours are cut that drastically and i still over scheduled by 50 hours I have to try and be fair.
And honestly, i couldn't care less if you did quit. You are such a whiner and i'm tired of trying to smooth things over with you.

Yes.. I'm burnt out and there's only so much of this bs i can take anymore.

you sound like youre in the same position as my TL.. she tries so hard to make everyone happy but there is always that one team member that is never happy and expects more.. its always the same TM too.. just know your efforts are seen by other TMs and you are appreciated.

wow. Ill have to tell my TL to answer that way next time.. Lol

To the new intern...you were supposed to shadow me at guest services today. After morning huddle, you left and never came back. Since my job does not include babysitting people who are making way more money than me, I didn't say anything. You are the one who is going to lose out in the end; not me. Hope you stick around with the GSTL tomorrow a bit longer....because you're going to have a hell of a time doing LOD shifts later this summer since you have no idea how to even do a return, or how my processes affect the rest of the store. But I suppose since you worked at a different Spot on your breaks last year, and your daddy is an STL, that you don't need any actual training.

And PS, I decided not to break your heart about that whole transferring to another region after college idea. So that I'll just say, "good luck with that."

To the pharmacy ETL, I was supposed to be trained this week on your new system so I could assist with backup. Because your team is so rude to us when we come to do back up, I am not pushing to be trained. I will do it if asked, but not until then. And no, you cannot have my thumbprint for the system until I am trained. I refuse to allow myself to be thrown in with a, "oh, you're in the system, that's good enough" attitude. Either I get my 15 minutes of training, or you can take care of your own guests.

To the team members that back stocked 5 tubs of pets right before the 2pm CAF pulls, thank you for giving backroom day 20 minutes of extra work. 55 DPCI on a pets batch in the 2pm CAF pulls? Yeah, so someone bought 55 different items in pets on the floor? Yeah right. Learn how to back stock properly. After 12pm, use STO and SUBT when you back stock. If you aren't going to do that then either leave the store or instead of screwing backroom day over by being lazy, why don't you pull the crap that you just back stocked? Personally, I think that should be a rule. If you back stock a ton of crap with only STO during the CAF pull hours, then you are required to pull whatever you just back stocked. That way, you get to see what it's like pulling back stock repeats.

TTOTM: If I have to hear "When I was an ETL..." one more time I will push you into the compactor.

TTOTM: Please stop texting while on the floor and stop wasting hours zoning one aisle, we don't have time for this.

TTOTM: Please stop sending me selfies. I don't need to see your face every damn hour.

To all the team members at the store I'm helping out this week: holy shit, no wonder your store needs help. You all spend the first hour of your shift chatting. Everything is unorganized. You guys can't work alone, you have to have another TM next to you at all times. Every time I make a suggestion you guys say
"well that's not how we do it at our store." I think this store is better off starting from scratch.

To the team members that back stocked 5 tubs of pets right before the 2pm CAF pulls, thank you for giving backroom day 20 minutes of extra work. 55 DPCI on a pets batch in the 2pm CAF pulls? Yeah, so someone bought 55 different items in pets on the floor? Yeah right. Learn how to back stock properly. After 12pm, use STO and SUBT when you back stock. If you aren't going to do that then either leave the store or instead of screwing backroom day over by being lazy, why don't you pull the crap that you just back stocked? Personally, I think that should be a rule. If you back stock a ton of crap with only STO during the CAF pull hours, then you are required to pull whatever you just back stocked. That way, you get to see what it's like pulling back stock repeats.

I've had this argument with a backroom TM at my store on several occasions. It gets heated. I'll just say I disagree.

Thanks to the team... it's getting tougher by the day but you all are some wonderful people. I am so proud to work with you. Appreciate you soooo much! Especially that TM that helped finish my pulls today. ;) You rock!

I have had arguments over using STO and SUBT when back stocking during the hours of the CAF pulls. I always say "if the roles were reversed, would you still feel the same way". Silence usually follows after I say that. My take is I have no sympathy. Sorry but if you only use STO during the hours of the CAF pulls, you are purposely making my workload bigger and my time at Target less enjoyable.

At my store only 2 backroom team members know how to subt items for backstock, me(dayside) and the other day side. I dont have time to teach them how to go through it and if i did they would not bother or forget. Tried telling my TL once and he told me to quit crying.

Quit crying? LMAO. Typical response from bully ETLs at Target.

I feel your pain. Most of the early backroom team know how to do it. They just refuse to do it. They are extremely lazy when it comes to stuff like that. At the end of the day, it's not any team member's fault. It's the fault of Target. I'm not an expert on RF apps but I'm pretty sure something can probably be programmed into the system so when a team member back stocks something with only STO that it doesn't make you pull the stuff the next hour of the CAF pulls. Target can do it. They just don't want to do so.

To the team member who "VIBED" it up with the guest, in what world is a 39" TV an even exchange for a 50" TV? Nevermind the fact that they didn't have a receipt, but the response that had you "VIBE" was, "I don't want to pay the difference". Seriously? "I'd like to get this Dodge Ram but I don't want to pay the difference when I give you my Dodge Neon, can we let it slide?"

Wow, sounds like someone wants a freebie. No way in Kolob that a 39 inch TV is the same as a 50 inch TV.

@ShopliftersNightmare reminds me of this post from another thread

I wish all stores would be on the same boat with all this Be Bold Stuff. Seems each store is deciding for themselves what the limits will be. At our store there seems to be no limits, I only found this out recently, when our DTL came to walk the store, asked a team member "If you had a guest who wanted to pay $100 for a $1000 TV what would you do?" The team member responded "I wouldnt do it, thats not within reason." The DTL's response was...."Do it." I about fell over! And this came from a DTL, but after reading other posts, like the 10 to 30 percent post, which I feel is reasonable to make a guest happy, I realized Spot has not made it a cut and dry to all stores what it means to BE BOLD. Again, such inconsistancies company wide.

To that one team member who did a completely thorough sweep out of the trailer before sending back to the RDC, thank you. That's one less trailer contributing to possible lung disease for us TM's loading the trailers.

I wish all stores would be on the same boat with all this Be Bold Stuff. Seems each store is deciding for themselves what the limits will be. At our store there seems to be no limits, I only found this out recently, when our DTL came to walk the store, asked a team member "If you had a guest who wanted to pay $100 for a $1000 TV what would you do?" The team member responded "I wouldnt do it, thats not within reason." The DTL's response was...."Do it." I about fell over! And this came from a DTL, but after reading other posts, like the 10 to 30 percent post, which I feel is reasonable to make a guest happy, I realized Spot has not made it a cut and dry to all stores what it means to BE BOLD. Again, such inconsistancies company wide.
Ours isn't quite as bad, but almost....as an example, in order to raise our guest survey scores & attachment rate in electronics, they've empowered certain employees to give a % off on certain attachments, like cables, cases, etc. As a result, our store is #1 in the district...

Every time I see this, I get pissed off so much.

TTOETL: Seriously? Why must you always ask me why I'm not going to school? I told you I need full time hours to pay my bills and in order to get that, I need open availability. Not to mention this new "Price Accuracy Pilot" is going to basically screw my work/home life up.. Thanks for thinking that I can do better but all it does is make me upset :(

We have an LOD that goes by their full first name, and not the common nickname...nobody in the world calls them by the nickname but one TM, and that's it. Guests love to shorten it to the nickname, like they know them, and that's annoying enough, but tonight we had a new TM...and I listened to her call the LOD by the shortened name all night, until I just couldn't take it anymore:

Me: hey, just so you know, LOD Fredrick hates being called Fred.
TM (laughing): okay.
(We had just walked different directions, and it couldn't have been five seconds later)
TM (over walkie): LOD Fred?

Seriously?! I just told you not to call them that! How about we make up a shortened name for you? Ain't nobody got time for this...just call the LOD what they like to be called, as has been told to you, and let's be done with this particular stupidity.

To the new team members: You guys did awesome tonight. Keep up the good work.

To the service desk TM: Thank you for helping me create a Vibe moment that only happened because of an embarrassing mistake on my part.

To in-store salary mangers (ETLs), please zone the folding tables, complete the PCVs, initiate huddles, complete key control best practices, recognize/ support team members on a daily basis, and PLEASE STOP MANAGING THROUGH YOUR OFFICE! =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back