To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the ETL-Sales Floor: Thank you for zoning seasonal and mini seasonal every night you close. I'm kind of sorry for my sarcastic attitude about it but really, you're the only ETL that actually does any goddamn zoning, push, or reshop, so thank you for that. Certainly makes us Hardline TMs' jobs easier when we don't have to rush to zone the area at the end of the night.

To that one Produce Team Member:

When you hear a call box going off that you're standing right next to and i'm telling you on the walkie to go help the guest please don't ever just look at me and keep stocking your bananas. And when I call you out on missing 3 call boxes that you were right by don't ever call me out for not getting them. I'm not sure if you didn't see but I was actually helping guests at the time.

To that one Softlines Team Member:
You are not trained at guest service. You do not know what the hell you are doing up there so stay away! Having a frustrated GSTM because you keep butting in and making more problems for her to fix just pisses me off. Thanks for making me give a tv away for 100 dollars less than we should have because you don't know how to price match.

To the ETL-GE. You keep preaching at me how the LOD on duty is to be up at the lanes when the GSTL/GSA is on lunch/break. Well, last night when the GSTL went to lunch, you decided that you would do like every other LOD and go about your business because you had too much to do. You then proceeded to ignore me the first four times I called out begging for back up at guest services...by the time you acknowledged me and told me it would be a couple of minutes, it was entirely too late.

Then, after that, our GSTL had just gotten back, and was helping me with another situation at guest services, when another guest came up to ask for corporate's number because of something that went down at pharmacy, not only did you try to weasel out of coming up to guest services, but you told me it would be five minutes before you could come up! Of course the guest had no interest in waiting, and part of me hopes they mention when they call the 800 number that the manager was unresponsive.

But funny how not three minutes later you were able to immediately respond for the request for start funds.

I am used to the lack of support from the rest of the LODs...but when it's you...who keeps preaching the LODs need to support us up front, I tend to be especially pissed.

Our ETL-GE is adamant that the LOD be covering the GSTL/GSA breaks. Most of the LODs do a, "leave the keys with a cashier and we'll come up if the cashiers call us" thing since they have stuff to do and can't be bothered with the lanes...even though the front end is supposedly a huge focus right now. Our SrGSTL when she LODs will just tell us to give the keys to the cashiers and then ignore any calls for help. It's gotten so bad I've just taken to skipping my breaks...though about half of them are on to me for that and shoo me off. But usually they play nice with the GSTL and actually cover for him, just screwing over the GSAs. But last night was particularly bad.

Yeah...my GSTL and ETL both told me that wouldn't fly. But they all (rightfully so) love the GSTL and will do pretty much anything for him...so he doesn't see how the GSAs get treated...though occasionally he will ask me direct questions and I will answer him honestly. And the ETL apparently just wants to talk a good talk, but doesn't actually want to be of any real use.

To that ETL: I'm not that crazy about you but I say this as a caring person. You are a workaholic. These numerous 11 12 14 hour days are not good for you or your health. Take some time for yourself and spend it with your family. The store will be fine without you for a week and will still be standing when you return.

Last edited:
Unless she's on spot's wall of fame & came with an entourage, ain't nobody gonna know her from jack.

To my fellow team member who lied and didn't come in the night before the la boulange food launch, thanks a bunch. Not only did I lose an hour of sleep the next day, but I also had to wash the mountain of dishes the girls who closed the starbucks( who don't work it) left behind. Also, further thanks are deserved for coming in late for your shift that day, delaying both my and my trainers breaks after that long day. I now know I can't trust you, but I do know your bullschnanny may earn me a free drink!

Much thanks to the pharmacy tech who filled my prescription.
After the brief moment of WTF when he realized the bottle I was asking him to fill was from the other side of the country, he was fast and friendly.
Everything was handled in the best possible fashion.
Good work indeed.

We have an LOD that goes by their full first name, and not the common nickname...nobody in the world calls them by the nickname but one TM, and that's it. Guests love to shorten it to the nickname, like they know them, and that's annoying enough, but tonight we had a new TM...and I listened to her call the LOD by the shortened name all night, until I just couldn't take it anymore:

Me: hey, just so you know, LOD Fredrick hates being called Fred.
TM (laughing): okay.
(We had just walked different directions, and it couldn't have been five seconds later)
TM (over walkie): LOD Fred?

Seriously?! I just told you not to call them that! How about we make up a shortened name for you? Ain't nobody got time for this...just call the LOD what they like to be called, as has been told to you, and let's be done with this particular stupidity.
I have the exact OPPOSITE problem...I go by the shortened version of my name and there's one ETL who insists on calling me by my full name. It's not that I despise the long version, I just prefer the shortened, and have always gone by it. My name tag says it, even the schedule has my nickname.....and it's not like there's another "tgtcpht" at our store and he's trying to differentiate between us (like we have 3 "Phillips", one is Phillip, one is Phil, one is PC--just used Phillip as the example, it's not the actual name of the 3 TMs ;) ). He's been corrected umpteen times and still does it....

Much thanks to the pharmacy tech who filled my prescription.
After the brief moment of WTF when he realized the bottle I was asking him to fill was from the other side of the country, he was fast and friendly.
Everything was handled in the best possible fashion.
Good work indeed.
I had one of those moments on Tuesday...what REALLY threw me off was that their Rx number started with the same number as ours, but was MUCH lower. :confused:When I first looked at it, I was thinking, there's no way I can fill this, it's going to be expired, then I noticed the address :p

TTOTM: you knew I was on a time crunch to finish what I was doing before I left today, yet you HAD to use the computer I was using....there were 3 other computers open, 2 are right next to another phone, you couldn't walk down and use one of them???

Dear guest service.. why.. oh why did you except a return item that has a "KHOLS" sticker right on product?

To our intern: Dude, I'm just sorry. You seem really nice if only the other ETLs would let you talk to us plebes. Hopefully they'll let you have at least a single unsupervised conversation before your time is up!

I had my first experience with a TM from another store. Very rude. She acted like I should have known she was a TM. :(

I remember that one guest that worked at the Target down the road came by and was arguing with guest service about something and basically the result was "Okay that may be at your store but not here."

this was good, today i mistakenly called a Team Lead a Team Member (aren't we all) and she reprimanded me on the walky so EVERYONE knew i called her the wrong title. like really? that's the only thing you have going for you in your world?

To our intern: Dude, I'm just sorry. You seem really nice if only the other ETLs would let you talk to us plebes. Hopefully they'll let you have at least a single unsupervised conversation before your time is up!

I got to work with our intern today, he's great. They had him following me around and working with me, to see what it was like to be on the floor. Hopefully he can let them know it's not as easy as they think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back