To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: Thank you for being awesome!

I went into the store near my house the other day to finally exchange some pants I bought online a few months ago. You said something about cartwheel and a rain check and I didn't understand any of it, but I do know you saved me an extra $6 on top of the good deal I had gotten when I made the original purchase.

To that one LOD,
I hate working when you're in charge, I'm not the only one either. You don't know how to run a store and when you tell me that one cashier is gonna be okay on a Saturday night and then pull me aside later and tell me I need to stop calling for back up because you need to take down the ad, I will have attitude. I already have my guest service and food ave team on lanes. Our vibe score showed how badly you ran the store with all the negative comments. I hope that you get a talking too and move to PMT like you want.

Yours truly,
The pissed off GSA.

To that one team member who is in la la land and uses the walkie to ask for things at the most Inopportune times. um, if you haven't noticed, many of us are actually working. No I haven't seen the mop you put somewhere, Nor can i see food ave when I am at the front lanes and don't know how long the lines are, and I'll be damned if I am going to walk my butt over there to have them get some greasy slime food ready for you because you are to lazy to spend your meal break on a line.
I hate to tell you, but we do not provide personal food services for team members.

And stop calling me to ask what food items are in one spot..
I know this isn't nice, but you don't need any of the food that one spot has to offer.

Ttotm: you called out the night before a food delivery after probably asking for the later shift so I got to spend no time with my significant other yesterday. I won't see him today either. But I will get to work my ass off to cover yours enough to fill the floor. You'd better have a death certificate explaining why you didn't come in. I almost don't have to try to get rid of you, you are doing such a great job yourself.

Hey guest services: Please stop mixing one spot reshop with stationary and toys. Let me help you out a bit. If it has a $1 or a $3 on it, it's one spot.

Send it back and tell them to smart sort it. I have done that. "Sorry with the backing up I have to do I don't have time to sort this."

Also to the overnight team: Don't think I'm stupid. You keep taking unfinished push, putting it in shopping carts, and placing it where the reshop goes. Either finish it quicker or put it on the push line if you don't have time. If I see a reshop cart with cardboard boxes in it, I'm bringing it to the backroom.

Also to the overnight team: Don't think I'm stupid. You keep taking unfinished push, putting it in shopping carts, and placing it where the reshop goes. Either finish it quicker or put it on the push line if you don't have time. If I see a reshop cart with cardboard boxes in it, I'm bringing it to the backroom.
Yeah that wouldn't look suspicious at all...

We take it to the backroom and put a big note on it, "Overnight forgot this and will push 1st thing!"

We take it to the backroom and put a big note on it, "Overnight forgot this and will push 1st thing!"
Right, "forgot"...

I don't care if they don't complete it, there's plenty of stuff I'm not able to get done. But reshop piles up enough as it is, and dumping more work on other people isn't right.

Last edited:
^^ It lets them know we didn't buy their BS.. And I have refused to touch crap like that. Ask me for help, but don't think I am stupid and you just missed it in the craziness that is truck push.. Which is what their excuse always is.

Hey guest services: Please stop mixing one spot reshop with stationary and toys. Let me help you out a bit. If it has a $1 or a $3 on it, it's one spot.
Send it back and tell them to smart sort it. I have done that. "Sorry with the backing up I have to do I don't have time to sort this."

I've been fighting that battle ever since I was trained in hardlines. If you have a GSTL or GSA that cares, let them know that their service desk TMs aren't using Smart Sort and are making your job more difficult and time-consuming.

I've been fighting that battle ever since I was trained in hardlines. If you have a GSTL or GSA that cares, let them know that their service desk TMs aren't using Smart Sort and are making your job more difficult and time-consuming.
We smart sort pretty much everything. The biggest problem for me is that when I need backup sometimes I get responses, but they always leave a huge pile of unsorted returns and they don't bother cleaning up before heading out to the floor. So when I see that it makes me want to dump the one spot bin in the seasonal cart.

To the backroom team member that helps me pull CAF pulls, since you are pulling the easier side of the stockroom aka hardlines side, you need to pull the bulk amounts of paper and beverage in receiving because it takes me at least 30 to 40 minutes to pull the grocery side of the stockroom.
That is the price you pay for getting the easier side of the stockroom. Just help me out. That's all I ask. And before you leave, it is your job to push the flat that has the diapers on in in receiving to the softlines section of the hardlines side of the stockroom. I mean I don't know what to think. Are you lazy or just dumb?

TTOTM, you're super nice but i feel very sketchy about the fact that you got 11 RedCards in one shift and then 16 in the next shift and then like 14 in your next shift.... like im glad you can drive redcards, but honestly it doesn't sound reasonable. somethng sketchy has to be going on.

To that one team lead...
who knows that shoes are supposed to be taken out of the boxes when being marked clearance, but refused to because "it was too much work". And then told the other two people working with her to keep them in the box and if they got talked to, she'd take the heat. The other two people continued doing what they were supposed to, and the TL *still* threw them under the bus when confronted about it. Why'd you do that? Seriously, what was going through your head during all of that? You're a team LEAD, you're supposed to act like a leader, not a child!

To that other team lead...
You explained the 4x4 walk to me, telling me to check every item, make sure it was in the correct place, and zone the aisle, then sent me to the cough and cold aisle... When I saw you an hour later and was just finishing up (because we all know how horribly that aisle is zoned...), getting ready to move on to the next aisle - how does "Try not to be so thorough" make sense? Do you want me to do it right or not?

TTOTM: Why don't you ever go up for backup? Over the year and a half I've been working at Target, I've never seen you on a register once. Is it that you've never been trained? That could be sorted out easily. It puts the burden on everyone else by going up for backup extra times. I end up rushing through my zone because I spend over an hour during a shift at the checklanes.

TTTMs: F**k you! I shouldn't have to fight to get your sorry asses to cover my breaks when I'm the operator! I really didn't appreciate it when both of you went on your break at the same time when I had to leave. You both knew the only other person on the floor was someone who is hearing impaired and she was the one who volunteered to cover me so I could go home. By the way: the LOD knows you were refusing to cover my breaks and he will know you went on your break at the same time when the GSA tells him. Good luck getting out of that one. To think you had the cheek to try to talk me into doing your touch ups when you wouldn't even stay at the fitting room like we're all supposed to.

Edit: Sorry, I just needed to vent. It's been a very trying day.

Last edited:
TTOTM: Why don't you ever go up for backup? Over the year and a half I've been working at Target, I've never seen you on a register once. Is it that you've never been trained? That could be sorted out easily. It puts the burden on everyone else by going up for backup extra times. I end up rushing through my zone because I spend over an hour during a shift at the checklanes.

We had a sales floor TM actually get his access changed to 'No Access' by his TL, because he had successfully convinced her that he had "forgotten" how to cashier. Yes, forgotten. How do you forget how to ring items and bag them?

So now that he has No Access he gets to avoid going up for backup.

We had a sales floor TM actually get his access changed to 'No Access' by his TL, because he had successfully convinced her that he had "forgotten" how to cashier. Yes, forgotten. How do you forget how to ring items and bag them?

So now that he has No Access he gets to avoid going up for backup.
I mean, I understand if someone has trouble with the more technical stuff like WIC, but they flashing light is there for a reason.

TTOTM, you're super nice but i feel very sketchy about the fact that you got 11 RedCards in one shift and then 16 in the next shift and then like 14 in your next shift.... like im glad you can drive redcards, but honestly it doesn't sound reasonable. somethng sketchy has to be going on.
in my store if you get more than 5 a *week* and that's a very good week, you are probably meeting guests in the parking lot after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back