To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTPS: Sorry you got hurt during that apprehension. You're a cool dude and didn't deserve that whatsoever!

TTOHRTL: I'm so sad to see you go. I am definitely going to miss you!

How badly we're they hurt?
His pant leg was ripped and he was limping around. I don't know when the app went down but it had to have been a few hours after when I saw him and he was still limping. Apparently the APS's hand got cut up pretty badly too. :\

Yikes. I got kneed in the groin and my partner TPS got punched last Thursday, but it wasn't that bad. Did the LOD send then to the hospital to be checked out?

Ttotm: please leave me alone. You went from slightly annoying to very annoying to creepy and now I'm genuinely SCARED to be alone with you. Why would you think it's okay to watch me while I put on makeup? Why would you think it's okay to stand so close to me that you're almost touching me? Why do you always try to corner me? I'm not sure whether to take this to leadership or not because I don't think they'll take me seriously but I do know that I will never let myself be alone with you again and we are NEVER leaving the store together at closing. You scare me.

Ttotm: please leave me alone. You went from slightly annoying to very annoying to creepy and now I'm genuinely SCARED to be alone with you. Why would you think it's okay to watch me while I put on makeup? Why would you think it's okay to stand so close to me that you're almost touching me? Why do you always try to corner me? I'm not sure whether to take this to leadership or not because I don't think they'll take me seriously but I do know that I will never let myself be alone with you again and we are NEVER leaving the store together at closing. You scare me.
Pretty sure you should be talking to AP or some other leadership about this.

If you can't/won't tell them to go away leadership needs to. Just say no to creepers.

Talk to HR, please.
I know you don't want to make a big deal out of this but they need to know.
If someone is making you feel that uncomfortable you need to let them know.
It doesn't have to be a case of trying to make them do anything.
A polite, hey I just want to give you a heads up that is happening and this is how I feel is really important.

In my job every time something happens out of the ordinary it has to be case noted.
My boss says, if it isn't case noted it didn't happen.
You need to make sure that HR knows this is happening.

To that one (now former) TPS: Congrats on your promotion. You're gonna make a great APTL at your new store.

To that one TM: You did a fine job on the sales floor. Best of luck in AP.

I can't stand cashiers that think they're GSA/GSTLs. There is a person I work with whom always gives orders to other cashiers (her equals) as if she had any authority to do so. This wouldn't be a problem if there was a method or reasoning for this. But she'll have people do things, for no obvious reason other than to exert some kind of authority. And in doing so, will mess up the pattern of how things go on the front end. (people missing breaks, other important tasks not being completed, etc) I'm assuming either because she enjoys doing so, or she's really REALLY eager to prove she can GSA.

It infuriates me. It bothers me because she's so condescending about it and her actions are illogical and inefficient. If she ever has to cover a break for the GSTL, that power goes to her head. She's not even a competent employee. She makes lots of mistakes at the GS desk, and she makes decisions that go against the standard for no practical reason other than for the sake of doing things differently. She's rude and unprofessional. She argues with guests, and is a huge suck up to management and takes any form of criticism personally. She has a huge chip on her shoulder, and just an overall shitty attitude. I would have to leave if she ever became a GSA.

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing her get angry when she continuously fails to be promoted to the GSA position. Ahhh, pleasure in other people's pain.
Samuel-L-Jackson-Drinking-Sprite-Pulp-Fiction.gif

@TallAPGuy I know the TPS stayed his shift. I didn't see the APS afterwards so he probably did go to get his hand treated.
That's weird. We had an app go bad two weeks ago where the APS and another TPS got scratched up by a heroin junkie, and the LOD, who is /was the STL, sent them both to the ER to get Tetanus shots and swabbed for other nasty crap.

I can't stand cashiers that think they're GSA/GSTLs. There is a person I work with whom always gives orders to other cashiers (her equals) as if she had any authority to do so. This wouldn't be a problem if there was a method or reasoning for this. But she'll have people do things, for no obvious reason other than to exert some kind of authority. And in doing so, will mess up the pattern of how things go on the front end. (people missing breaks, other important tasks not being completed, etc) I'm assuming either because she enjoys doing so, or she's really REALLY eager to prove she can GSA.

It infuriates me. It bothers me because she's so condescending about it and her actions are illogical and inefficient.

YAAAAAASSSSS!!!!! One of our new cashiers acts as if he owns the front end! Cocky attitude, always kissing ass, and he can get away with it because he's our new Redcard king! I wish someone would read him for absolute filth and remind him he is NOT in charge, he is another Target minion like the rest of us!

TTOSrTL:

You are awesome. Thanks for helping me all morning with the 6 unsorted carts at the SD this morning and making SD look awesome before 11am. The retail gods were on our side as the Front Lanes did not monopolize your time at all.

To the etls and stl (minus both the temp and missing etl-salesfloor) youuu have nothing to do with these survey scores. Survey scores come from two things... Coincidence and us on the floor. Period. You did nothing but walk around in a circle. You tell us what survey sections were red and we roll our eyes because no fucking duh we're red on "team members available!" No duh. All of the things we're red on have nothing to do with any shortcomings on our (TMs) part. They're all things that are dependent on how many people are on the floor. And just because we're in the 90s again doesn't mean anything changed and it doesn't mean you're better than previous leadership and it doesn't mean you've caused any great change.

I gotta find a job. I can't with these people. As far as I know no one in the store (tl and tm) has any desire to stay other than maybe a few newbs and the older people who don't wanna start all over. When I started everyone looked happy to be coming to work.. No one even bothers to fake it anymore. In year one, someone once said I smile all the time lol... Last week someone said I always look grumpy and fed up.

It infuriates me. It bothers me because she's so condescending about it and her actions are illogical and inefficient. If she ever has to cover a break for the GSTL, that power goes to her head. She's not even a competent employee. She makes lots of mistakes at the GS desk, and she makes decisions that go against the standard for no practical reason other than for the sake of doing things differently. She's rude and unprofessional. She argues with guests, and is a huge suck up to management and takes any form of criticism personally. She has a huge chip on her shoulder, and just an overall shitty attitude. I would have to leave if she ever became a GSA.

Nothing gives me more satisfaction than seeing her get angry when she continuously fails to be promoted to the GSA position. Ahhh, pleasure in other people's pain.
Samuel-L-Jackson-Drinking-Sprite-Pulp-Fiction.gif

We have one of those at my store as well. He was a GSA at his old ULV store, and is now a cashier at our (4 times higher) volume store. When both him and I were cashiers together, he would constantly tell cashiers walking by to get hangers, pass out bags, collect reshop, etc etc. and would constantly criticize whoever was GSA/GSTL. He can also be very rude and condescending. Then, I got promoted to GSA and now he's become completely insufferable. Whenever I'm scheduled as GSA he completely ignores my wishes. If I ask him to hop onto lane 17, he'll instead go to lane 5 because he wants to do less work. He also gets very exasperated if I don't get him change within a few minutes of him requesting it, because "At my old store I was able to keep on top of my GSA duties and respond to change requests at least that quickly". Yeah, cause you were at an ULV store wingnuts. He's been coached about it before, but it hasn't really changed anything. I figure I won't worry about it, let him dig his own grave. I've just been documenting his insubordination and relaying it to the one of the GSTL's.

To that other store: I get that as ulv you are probably even thinner on staffing than I am, but why the fuck put me on hold for ten minutes just to hang up? I called back, it happened again. I grabbed a cordless (instead of my cell phone) and asked for the lod this time. Thank god it only took them another five minutes to check for the product and put it on hold for my guest. She really wanted that item today or I'd have just suggested she buy it online instead. I hope she took a survey and scored you hard.

Tyosrtl: when I ask if we are flexing the trend run during 4x4 the correct answer is not "maybe we can research it and fill it in if it's got holes" especially after I explain I was asking because an entire four foot section had no labels left. It's not my job to fill the trend run. I'm not your slave anymore. As you remind me anytime your people skip over you to ask for my help. You already allowed one of my team to switch roles to "keep from falling further behind" since our tl is on vacation and not here to prevent it. And I'm sure the few things she got done really helped. Almost as much as you just standing there talking to her instead of answering lod calls.

TTOTM: You are an LOD! Act like it! Don't say crap about me behind my back if you are unhappy with my work ethic! Be a man and tell me what you don't like, and be specific! I can't read your mind, and I won't take your seriously if you act like a child! This isn't high school sweetheart. This is work! Grow up!

TTOTM: I'm still trying to wrap my head around your logic here. Or in this case, the complete lack of it.

(Quick background. At our store, main channel is 1, backroom is on 2).

You start asking on the main channel for an item to be pulled for a guest. When you get no reply, you walked all the way to the main stockroom, found me and the other guy working back here, and asked us what channel the backroom was on.

Then, even though we were standing right there, you walked away, switched to 2, and THEN asked for backroom. COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that we were RIGHT FRIGGIN THERE, PDAs IN HAND, DIGGING THROUGH TUBS!

I just don't even.

I could write friggin' BOOKS about this TM.
Well, okay, maybe a few good posts.

*sigh*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back