To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, when you smell fraud boot their ass back to the store they bought it and let them deal with her..

Over a grand "Sorry you need to return to the store of purchase."

At the very least you grab the GSTL and you both walk through it together..
TBH that's bad guest service. If the items are unopened and there's nothing weird about the method of payment and it's not a recurring guest, it should be ok to take back.

TBH that's bad guest service. If the items are unopened and there's nothing weird about the method of payment and it's not a recurring guest, it should be ok to take back.

The GSTL didn't agree, and was pissed this TM took it all back no questions asked.. A full cart of HBA stuff I am talking a legit full cart of HBA just doesn't pass the smell test..

You are permitted to deny returns that have a receipt????

We are. The thinking is the guest could have found a receipt in the parking lot, went and pocketed the lipstick and then brought it to Guest Services, so to speak. Vague example. Not the best. I can't really think of a better one.

I usually don't think twice, but if something about the whole exchange makes me feel uneasy I get my AP, GSTL, or LOD involved.

With that much merch to return, regardless of department, I'd have been calling GSA/GSTL immediately. If for no other reason than I would be needing backup to attend to other guests. And then yes, they'd be there to see what was going on for themselves and decide if AP or LOD need to be involved as well.

Well damn. My STL would flip the hell out if we tried denying a return that had a receipt unless we have them entering the store with nothing in hand and/or app for return fraud. I'm pretty sure our DTL would flip too.
We've done it on a couple of occasions when it has been a high dollar amount and the party claims they have lost the card they used. REALLY? You already lost the card within 24 hours. Highly suspicious when they want cash or gift card right away.

We've done it on a couple of occasions when it has been a high dollar amount and the party claims they have lost the card they used. REALLY? You already lost the card within 24 hours. Highly suspicious when they want cash or gift card right away.
Yeah lol if you want a high dollar return back in cash you’ll have to talk to my AP.

Whomp, here's another time we can deny a receipt return: outside of the return policy.
(Electronics/batteries, Hunter for Target, ECT...)

No can do, Jack.

Just to piggy back off the return thing. My favorite incident, was when I was helping a guest at GS, and there were 2 or 3 people in line behind my current guest. I looked up and saw a routine coupon frauder I had denied multiple times before. He was a real dick, so I wasn't worried about ever having to be nice to him. I saw him double fisting a shit ton of bags, bulging with diet bills and nicorette gum. I paused with my current guest, got his attention, asked him if he had a receipt, while he was the 2nd or 3rd person in line. "I got my card," he says. To which I replied, "I'm not doing your return." Not even prefacing it with the whole, "receipt/original store" excuse. Just no. Lmao. He left.

I'm sure there were a few more exchanged words after that, but it's hard to argue a stern, "No, I'm doing your return."

I'm so appreciative that the LODs rarely come to guest service.

TTOBRTM, I'm sorry that i unplugged your radio. I was just losing my mind because, and I shit you not, "The Middle" played 4 times during my 4 hour shift and I couldn't take it anymore

I woke up with that song stuck in my head this morning. I woke up... singing that song. :confused:

I woke up with that song stuck in my head this morning. I woke up... singing that song. :confused:
I changed my radio station the other day and that song played twice while I was running errands. Now it’s stuck in my head and the radio has been switched back to NPR. I’d rather listen to world news than listen to that song.

TTOTM: You had been making everyone who worked with you uncomfortable with over sharing about your issues lately, especially because you tended to do so with guests within earshot. You’re probably not coming back to Target for various reasons, but I hope you get the help you clearly needed.

TTOTM: I didn't work the night before you opened and actually had to do your job. I know who did, though, and she's not someone I'd piss off tbh. Quit treating me like I'm the reason you actually had to do something that morning (other than walk around with a stick up your ass.) If you don't have the balls to look the closing GSA from that night, in the eyes and tell her how you feel, then dont you dare do it to me you little spoiled brat. I repeat: I'm not the reason, and I don't work for you. Grow up.

That face you make when the coworker that never actually does what they're scheduled to do, tries to tell you how to do your job like you didn't just get a phenom review.

Attachments

• restingbitch.jpg
    restingbitch.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 15
This connects to my story in the Guest thread.

Please carry a working walkie, because you decided to not replace your walkie, I GOT yelled at by 2 different guests. You couldve easily called me to the boat. Instead you grabbed the Mobile person who wasn't even on the clock, which forced him to grab me from across the store. Don't let this shit happen again. I'm done

TTOTL: Please stop being so good at your job, and valuing my opinion, and being so attractive.

You're making my heart hurt.
It was all good at first because, hey, it wasn't that strong. It was fun. But it's not fun anymore ... because it's not going away... Its getting stronger. I know it's not your fault, and having a shift with you is like a double edged sword.
I look forward to it. I enjoy working with you. You're an excellent lead. And a great person. And you have this knack for making people feel valuable.

But it sucks, because I'm attracted to you. I don't know why. You're basically not my type. Plus, you're a team lead, so THAT'S not going to happen. I know this. My brain understand this, my heat acknowledges this ... but ... nevertheless, it persists.

And I don't date the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back