To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
PDA embedded into bale??? :eek:

I wonder if the serial is still legible on it, maybe compucom would refurbish it for us!

Apparently, it made it through with only one button missing from what they could see. They did send it in for repair for that button and to make sure that it is working despite the trauma.

Takes a lickin' & keeps on tickin'!
The TM who lost it is probably still wandering around looking for it.

It really wouldn't surprise me. But we were so short on walkies tonight (seriously? On a Sunday night?) that our LOD was considering offering $5 for each walkie we could find. I suggested checking the baler....

But with that and the walkie shortage and going into fourth quarter, I would imagine that the LODs are very quickly going to get cranky about equipment issues. And it could get ugly.

a little hint from the backroom... backroom TMs (at least at my store) hide the good equipment in the most random places in the stockrooms, i find PDAs inside wacos all the time

To that one GSA: It's totally fine if you cancel back-up after someone hits the button - why bother the sales floor when you have sufficient front end coverage - but you shouldn't just lean against the jewelry boat and let the lines get longer. PLEASE learn how to ****ing speedweave! Guests are like sheep, you have to herd them to the other open lanes.

To that other GSA: If you have two cashiers working One Spot re-shop and another at Guest Service sorting re-shop, you really should have them jump on before you call for back-ups from the sales floor. The ETL-Hardlines might like you more if you leave his sales floor team alone. :D

Proper lane assignment helps too... If you have a cashier on 6, then no one until 10, you will have to speedweave like hell, where you could just have everyone next to each other and guests will be a lot less lazy (usually) ;)

Proper lane assignment helps too... If you have a cashier on 6, then no one until 10, you will have to speedweave like hell, where you could just have everyone next to each other and guests will be a lot less lazy (usually) ;)

Implying guests can NOT be lazy? ;)

Yeah...learned that one last night when I had to move off my lane to a different one because I ran out of change on my original register. (This GSA has us put our requests in, ignores them, and then we have to find a new lane when we we can no longer make change....this gets really fun after you've done this on 3 registers and have to figure out where to go). I was constantly begging guests to step down to my register after that.

I don't expect it immediately. Guests and urgent stuff comes first...always. But if I ask for change verbally when I'm nearly out, even if she's not doing anything, I get glared and and am told to move to another register. The day I was so busy I couldn't get off my register to get to a different one and knew I shouldn't/couldn't ask for change, and had to keep suspending cash orders to go to a different register (I ran about 3 registers out of bills doing that), then I got lectured for being too busy to move.

I am quite certain when I verbally snagged the LOD (SrGSTL) for change on Friday night when the GSA was on lunch, after already having drained several registers over a couple hour period, and apologized repeatedly for asking for change, the LOD thought I was completely crazy.

It doesn't matter how we're arranged, the guests in my area always need to be herded like sheep.

I don't expect it immediately. Guests and urgent stuff comes first...always. But if I ask for change verbally when I'm nearly out, even if she's not doing anything, I get glared and and am told to move to another register.

This is not acceptable. While it is true that guests and urgent stuff come first, the fact is, your GSA is not doing her job. Whenever a cashier needs change, they shouldn't be forced to move their line of guests to another register just because the GSA doesn't feel like getting change. Now if she didn't have the keys, that's another story...

I was always told that I was the most dependable at getting change. Since I left the front end, I now know what they meant. Since we don't have walkies at FA & SB, I call the operator & have her page the GSTL to our counter. The last time, they said they hadn't gotten the message (because they weren't logged in) so I showed them the slip that printed out & the time stamp of FOUR HOURS AGO.

a little hint from the backroom... backroom TMs (at least at my store) hide the good equipment in the most random places in the stockrooms, i find PDAs inside wacos all the time

I used to come to work every Wednesday morning at 8am and would go get a set of jewelry first thing, so I could unlock a drawer over there that always had a PDA or maybe it was back in the days of the LRT. This was back when the team leads did there own research, so of course I never said anything to anyone. I stopped finding a LRT there after this person was fired for missing too many day work.

I was always told that I was the most dependable at getting change. Since I left the front end, I now know what they meant. Since we don't have walkies at FA & SB, I call the operator & have her page the GSTL to our counter. The last time, they said they hadn't gotten the message (because they weren't logged in) so I showed them the slip that printed out & the time stamp of FOUR HOURS AGO.

Yeah... They can always go on the register hit K3 and print the whole list of change requests... Heck i do that sometimes even when I do have a PDA lol.

Ugh....now had a GSTL ignoring change requests last night. I swear, it is a conspiracy. That or there is something I am missing and I'm being unreasonable. I know you all are busy...but when I get to a point of either being nearly out of ones, or nearly out of fives and tens (or sometimes all three).....I'm trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Yeah... They can always go on the register hit K3 and print the whole list of change requests... Heck i do that sometimes even when I do have a PDA lol.

One of my GSAs is an older man who will not have anything to do with the PDA. He just waits for someone to turn on their blinker if they need something. If the PDA is still logged in, when he hears the ding, he goes to a register and hits K3 to check for change requests.

One of my GSAs is an older man who will not have anything to do with the PDA. He just waits for someone to turn on their blinker if they need something. If the PDA is still logged in, when he hears the ding, he goes to a register and hits K3 to check for change requests.

i really wish someone could please give me a good reason why so many gsa's/gstl's are not carrying around their pda. I do not understand it at all.

I don't know. But I find it quite convenient when I have pricing issues and the GSTL has dropped hers off at my lane for a break and never comes back for it. ;-)

i really wish someone could please give me a good reason why so many gsa's/gstl's are not carrying around their pda. I do not understand it at all.

At least your store hasn't lost one, due to a Guest finding it in the parking lot and deciding to keep it.

How about the comp shopper from a competitor who left their PDA in one of our carts?
It was found by an incoming guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back