To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I actually really did almost put my 2 weeks in tonight....would have to, if I had another job lined up, here it goes:

to the lod's (found out after that this isn't the first time they've done this, just first for me): if you are going to cut a person's hours, literally take the next 2 shifts away from them, do so in private not at a huddle.That was the biggest slap in the face...oh wait, the next sentence was: "Can you stay late tonight?" Telling me to breathe also is not making you high on my list either.

I was told afterward that I can work those hours if I want to by a team member, I just don't feel like pushing it. I will only go in tomorrow and friday only if called in by the TL who put me on the schedule...I would love to be a fly on the wall when they tell her.

Ouch! Sounds like your LOD took lessons in tact from Glenn Beck.
Hope there's a witness when they inform your TL & I bet you'll be getting that call.
*giving you a hug & a beer*

Ouch! Sounds like your LOD took lessons in tact from Glenn Beck.
Hope there's a witness when they inform your TL & I bet you'll be getting that call.
*giving you a hug & a beer*

seems like it is a store wide thing.

How the heck do I figure out the best way to get a hold of the DTL? I think I need to escalate this beyond our store because it is happening more than just tonight. But I don't want to call Integrity just yet.

why did they take the shifts away from you?

I've never heard of that happening in my store before so i can't think of a reason?

I never know what to do when a kid is trying to crawl out of the cart (especially the seat). If Mom has already been insistent they sit down, and gets distracted paying, then I will say something, for which they are usually grateful. If the parent hasn't said anything and it seems to me they see it, well, I don't want the kid to get hurt, but I also don't want to step in and correct actions when the parent plainly is in charge and right there looking at the kid.
One of the techs said something to a kid who was STANDING in the seat area trying to grab something off the shelf and about to fall and the mom WENT OFF on her! The mom was paying NO attention, yakking away on her cell phone. We felt like saying "Fine! Next time, we'll let your kid fall on his head since you're too busy to pay attention to him!" Some parents shouldn't be allowed to have kids...

i really wish someone could please give me a good reason why so many gsa's/gstl's are not carrying around their pda. I do not understand it at all.

This. Usually our GSTLs were good about this, GSAs were not. I'd have cashiers blankly staring at me in photo and I'd ask if they needed change. They would say yes and I'd either flag down the GSTL/GSA and tell them or just ask for their keys so I could get it. When I covered breaks/lunches, I ALWAYS made sure change requests were filled as quickly as possible. Yes, the guest comes first, that's why you speed weave!! *sigh*
I always ran more on my photo shifts than sales floor.
Also, our GE hated blinkers and would chew anyone out who was ignoring requests on the PDA, but it still happened.

To that one ETL who offered to pay for my lunch when my debit card was stolen, you're a sweetheart and you deserve the recognition you deserve.

To the LOD who yelled at me a few days ago for leaving my PDA on the service desk for not even a minute, calm your ****. I was grabbing a cart so I could dump all of the One Spot distress into it so I could put it way, something you had promised to do an hour before. The GSTL was right there and there were no guests around. It wasn't going anywhere.
We found a PDA one day IN the travel bins in front of pharmacy....nobody ever came back to claim it (and we checked the sign-out sheet and it hadn't been signed out) so it was ours for the day ;)

A couple times, our AP guy came by and asked if we had seen his stuff because he somehow "lost" it....somehow he hasn't "lost" his job yet???

This is old, but to that one TL:

Yes, we knew each other in high school. I didn't like you and you never talked to me. Why, all of a sudden, do you think we're BFFs now that you work here? You're the same now as you were then.

And since we're BFFs now, why are you sending other TLs to talk to me about performance in YOUR work center? You'll talk to me about other stuff...I just don't get it.

Now that I'm gone, I do NOT miss you.

Yeah...learned that one last night when I had to move off my lane to a different one because I ran out of change on my original register. (This GSA has us put our requests in, ignores them, and then we have to find a new lane when we we can no longer make change....this gets really fun after you've done this on 3 registers and have to figure out where to go). I was constantly begging guests to step down to my register after that.

wow, lazy! You should just get on your phone, dial 0 and request for GSTL to lane ##

One of my gstls will sometimes ignore change unless you flag her down lol. I usually deliver it within a minute.

In pharmacy, we've waited over an hour for change sometimes, even AFTER we've verbally called for it over the walkie! It gets pretty tricky after you've run BOTH registers out of change. One night, I had to give a guest change for a $50 in ONES because we couldn't get change and she was "in a hurry". A part of me has always wondered if that $50 was legit or not...I mean, who comes to pick up a $2 med with ONLY a $50? No purse, no credit/debit card, ONLY a $50 bill between 2 people??? And this was someone on public aid...

To whoever keeps taking the fixture rooms broom and hiding it so it takes days for me to find it.
Yeah, I know it's a small thing but I requisitioned it for the fixture room and labeled it as such so the damn thing would be there when we needed it.
So cut it the f u c k out.

To whoever keeps taking the fixture rooms broom and hiding it so it takes days for me to find it.
Yeah, I know it's a small thing but I requisitioned it for the fixture room and labeled it as such so the damn thing would be there when we needed it.
So cut it the f u c k out.

much like a pen on a chain - you might need a broom on a rope. Might not last but sure might get the point across.

what ever happened to putting stuff back where you found it?

so I actually really did almost put my 2 weeks in tonight....would have to, if I had another job lined up, here it goes:

to the lod's (found out after that this isn't the first time they've done this, just first for me): if you are going to cut a person's hours, literally take the next 2 shifts away from them, do so in private not at a huddle.That was the biggest slap in the face...oh wait, the next sentence was: "Can you stay late tonight?" Telling me to breathe also is not making you high on my list either.

I was told afterward that I can work those hours if I want to by a team member, I just don't feel like pushing it. I will only go in tomorrow and friday only if called in by the TL who put me on the schedule...I would love to be a fly on the wall when they tell her.

I have never heard of this happening - you have an idiot ETL ---> they cannot do that. Must have gotten their license to be an ETL out of a cracker jack box

Document, document, document, the more stuff you have written down, with dates, times, names, every scrap of information you can think of the better.

Dear (former) SFT guy....Now I understand why your position has been available at our store on our website since this summer. Guess it's good to consider...if there's only one in your position, and your position is suddenly available on the company website...it may be time to dust off the resume.

You cannot have scheduled hours taken away from you. They can ask you to leave early, but thats it. If you want to work your hours, you are entitled to. They can switch you workcenters though if they want.

Huddle time:

STL: if anyone threatens you for the contents of your register or hands you a note or anything like that, give them whatever they want. You are more important than the money.
*silence while we ponder this*
STL: any questions?
(No one offers any questions)
STL: so everyone is comfortable with this happening to them?
TMs in collective voice: uhhhh......

The reason some gsa/gstls don't use their pdas is because there is often a lag. Usually by the time I hear the ping/feel the buzz, I'm already at the lane. So I use it primarily for price checks/item searches, etc. Change requests are a priority, but I'll help a guest before I deliver the request. Our POS prompts the cashier to turn on the lane light for change; we ask our cashiers to turn on the lane light ONLY if there is a guest waiting for change. That way, if the change request is not an emergency (guest waiting for change), we can help other cashiers.

Four hours? That's ridiculous. There isn't a four hour span that I don't talk to each cashier several times at which point the cashier could remind me. After a short period of time, the pda request for change drops off. It's certainly less than four hours.

Re: four hrs for change req - I was at the Starbux counter. Guess they don't think we need change, what with all those Starbux giftcards....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back