To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To our intern: Dude, I'm just sorry. You seem really nice if only the other ETLs would let you talk to us plebes. Hopefully they'll let you have at least a single unsupervised conversation before your time is up!

I got to work with our intern today, he's great. They had him following me around and working with me, to see what it was like to be on the floor. Hopefully he can let them know it's not as easy as they think...

That's so great that they actually had him on the floor! I hope he passes on the message. The day after I made the post I heard our intern greet another salesfloor member by name so I think he manages to escape for short periods of time.

They're finally letting ours out on the floor for short periods......but not solo yet.

That's so great that they actually had him on the floor! I hope he passes on the message. The day after I made the post I heard our intern greet another salesfloor member by name so I think he manages to escape for short periods of time.

Yup, apparently they're having him shadow team members from different departments, even though he's a softlines intern. He's super helpful and sweet, though.

TTOTM
Please try and be an ETL that doesn't constantly whine about all the work YOU need to get done as you go feed your face and sit in the office to catch up on the gossip. Gets old and pisses off everybody else.

To quote Major Payne, "You'll get no sympathy from me! You want sympathy, look in the dictionary between shit, and syphilis! That's where you'll find my sympathy"!

To the team member that back stocked a ton of freezer crap earlier today, thank you for letting me fill up an entire shopping cart of regurgitated back stock during the 12pm CAF pulls which made have to call an ETL to help me and the backroom opener finish the 12pm CAF pulls on time. That one batch took me about 15 minutes to pull all of it. 30 different DPCI for 1 batch. Thanks a lot, lazy dummy.

And to the backroom opener today, why were you even back there helping me? You should go back to working in the early morning with the rest of the bozos. I get that at 1230pm and you only have about 7 batches done out of 25. I'm sorry but you got to speed it up. In backroom day, you have to be fast. Another thing, why were you in clerical for over an hour? Interview prep? WTF? And you were scheduled to leave at 330pm and came in 9am, so after you wasted an hour in clerical, you took your lunch then came back at 3pm to help me for 30 minutes and just left. You basically were out of the backroom for half and an hour. I was getting slaughtered by the CAF pulls and other batches while you were doing who knows what in clerical. And the 2 times, I opened and you closed on Saturdays, I stayed an hour past my scheduled time to leave to help you with the CAF pulls. Thanks for not repaying the favor.

To that one TL, when you don't have adjacencies or whatever, do reshop or something helpful to the cause. If you pick things up and they're still on hangers, hang them up. Don't bring a full cart to your already swamped fitting room attendant! You saw the previous attendant take 2 carts to the back and you see that I have two here, and service desk just said there are 3 up there. YOU'RE NOT HELPING.

And if you know there's a swimsuit sale the next day, don't tell us to just leave them all on the z rack. It was hard to keep up this morning.

To that one TM:
Thank you for continuing to do cosmetics revisions like the shelves are the same as they used to be. (Hint hint, you're not supposed to stick the labels to the shelf anymore! There's a place to slide them in.) :mad:

To that other TM:
Stop taking hour long lunches and texting other people to cover for you until you get back. I'm really over it.

To that one ETL... twice this weekend, you pulled me out of the backroom after CAFs were done for the day to push so you and your closing TL buddy could go zone together. Do you not understand that I have my own things in my own workcenter to get done?

Yesterday, I was scheduled to leave an hour earlier than usual, I had price change to pull, a bale to make and four cages of cardboard to crush (thanks, morning team!), and you tell me to work out ALL of the 5 o'clock pulls?? I pushed for 45 minutes and then made the executive decision to finish my required tasks in my OWN department. I still got absolutely zero backstock done. Can't wait for the today's AM team to bitch at me when I get there today because it probably looks like I sat around picking my nose last night.

TTOTM - I'm pretty sure that I missed the announcement that you had been promoted to queen of the backroom (when you don't even work there), but I'm pretty sure you have no reason to get involved with why there are CAF pulls still sitting in the back and calling the LOD to inform them that things are being done right. #1) Those pulls had been sitting there for less than a minute #2) The salesfloor had just taken the other carts out to push and #3) you can't do your own damn job, stop worrying about mine. The LOD was rather pleased with my response when she confronted me, and a lot less happy with you.....

To that ETL: lighten up. I see no problem with pulling a few strings and holding several large clearance items for an hour if the guest said she'd be back before then. I could tell she wasn't happy with the you way handled it.

Last edited:
To that one ETL: if you are sick, stay home. you can't just hole up in your office for the night (on a saturday!) and hope everything goes smoothly.

To that other ETL: you would have a lot better relationships with your team members if you were a bit nicer. and like, didn't take twenty minutes to walk one way across the store. i often have guests that request to talk to you and you take so long to get there that they just leave and then you're mad at me for wasting your time! bs. that's all.

Can't wait for the today's AM team to bitch at me when I get there today because it probably looks like I sat around picking my nose last night.

And, what a premonition, got to have a little Seek to Understand convo with my TL today! The neverending war between AM and dayside....

Well today was another day of pulling regurgitated back stock in the backroom during the CAF pulls.

To the flow team, thank you for back stocking large amounts in the dairy cooler. Pulling the dairy batch during the 1pm CAF pulls for 25 minutes was awesome. I appreciate you giving me the experience of a lifetime and being able to fill up two 2 tier carts in the dairy cooler. Pulling 65 different DPCI in 1 batch is always fun. Thanks team.

To the early morning backroom team, thank you for back stocking a lot of dry grocery and letting me pull it during the 12pm CAF pulls.

To the bakery team member, you finished my day of pulling regurgitated back stock by making me pull 18 different DPCI in the bakery at 5pm. I was in there wasting about 10 minutes of my 60 minutes that I have to complete the 5pm CAF pulls.

To the backroom TL, thank you for accusing me of screwing up the water and paper counts in the steels in receiving. I am not the flow and early morning backroom team members that are constantly using the crown and small stacker to remove pallets from up high and low without using LOCU or SUBT. Asking me if I know how to correct pick yes or no when I pull paper and water? Are you serious? I've been working in the backroom for a long long time. Do you think I'm stupid or something or just need a scapegoat? The yes or no question is simple, if you pull everything, you pick yes. If you do not, you pick no. Common sense. Thank you.

I swear my store has to be one of the worst of all Target stores.

To the LOD: at 9pm, after being there for 6 hours, I had to actually ask you if you were the LOD. With three of you running around, none of us could figure out who was really in charge for the night. Since you had barely said "hi" to me in those 6 hours (as the GSA), that is an incredibly bad sign. Front end support? What a damn joke.

Also, being sarcastic and replying, "haven't you seen me running around here all night?" Is unhelpful. First, the LOD (also known as the STL) shouldn't be a sarcastic prick to a TM. Second, there were three of you running around, how was I supposed to know which one of you was the one ignoring me on the walkie and not helping me out at all? Third, my question speaks to your lack of communication, which is a store issue. So thanks for that.

http://cheezburger.com/279813

Meet Shane, the Walmart Deli Employee Who Gives His Managers a Major Headache
Favorite
Redditor Ardentleprechaun has a coworker named Shane. Shane likes to piss off the management at his local Walmart. God bless you, Shane.

• h6195D1B6

Via: imgur
  • h56FE1222

• h19417062

• hEE68D503

• Stop being such a dummy, Shane!
    h8DC30E15

• hCBF96A86

• Manufactured in Canada, Nicaragua, Brazil, China, and maybe Ecuador.
    h0F11F23C

• h058D89CA

• h8A39F458

Well today was another day of pulling regurgitated back stock in the backroom during the CAF pulls.

To the flow team, thank you for back stocking large amounts in the dairy cooler. Pulling the dairy batch during the 1pm CAF pulls for 25 minutes was awesome. I appreciate you giving me the experience of a lifetime and being able to fill up two 2 tier carts in the dairy cooler. Pulling 65 different DPCI in 1 batch is always fun. Thanks team.

To the early morning backroom team, thank you for back stocking a lot of dry grocery and letting me pull it during the 12pm CAF pulls.

To the bakery team member, you finished my day of pulling regurgitated back stock by making me pull 18 different DPCI in the bakery at 5pm. I was in there wasting about 10 minutes of my 60 minutes that I have to complete the 5pm CAF pulls.

I swear my store has to be one of the worst of all Target stores.

Yeah, I think you might be in one of the worst stores. How in the hell is your accumulator so messed up that it's constantly barfing back product in the CAFs? For every department! You should really only need to use SUBT9999 on salesplan take-down, as far as I know. It's nuts that you need to use it all the time. I want to go into your store and completely reset all the counts.

Jack I experience your pain every truck day. They don't have enough time to finish pushing so they bring it to the back and have the morning team backstock it leaving just me to pull and push it all. Although I'm pretty sure flow has never ever ever ever backstocked a cooler or freezer in my store.

HRTM: (jokingly) RG, you're never allowed to take a week off again.
Me: dude...I canceled that request back in May. It never showed up on my time off list, and the ETL-HR said she took care of it.
HRTM: what? Do you know how much time I spent getting that schedule set?
Me: I need my hours...
HRTM: argh, I'll deal with this in the morning...

...so, I explain the situation to my ETL.
ETL: okay, we'll put you back on the schedule.
Me: for the full week?
ETL: yes, you will have your hours...I will make sure of that tomorrow.

...later...

ETL: I'm so glad I have tomorrow off!
Me: umm, you told me you would take care of the scheduling issue tomorrow.
ETL: yes, I will call the HRTM first thing in the morning.
Me: umm, okay...but you know this store has absolutely no track record of keeping it's word with me.
ETL: I know, but this is important, it will get done.

Oh, this is going to be a long day. Who the fuck needs communication when we can just give RG a heart attack instead?

To that one team member: THANK YOU for quitting. You were a terrible employee. Absolutely no one will miss you. I can't believe you lasted as long as you did. I'm floored we didn't fire you before you got a chance to quit.

To that one TM: I hope you transfer. You are worthless, everyday. Thank you for leaving me an hour of work to finish by not doing your job properly.

To that other TM: You are amazing! (Seriously!) Thank you for all your help and advice lately. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back