To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really is....we just got a new ETL-HR and even SHE'S amazed at how "hands on" he is. She came from a ULV store and was used to jumping on the lanes when back up was needed, but says her STL there was rarely even out on the floor. Ours is ALWAYS out on the floor, interacting with guests (some even know him by name), will help guests with carry-outs, back-up wherever needed, and is an all around nice guy. He's been with Spot for 22+ years, started as a cashier back in college, and has worked his way through the ranks. I seriously couldn't ask for a better "boss" :)

Unheard of at my store. I have seen our STL three times in the 5 months I've worked with Spot (and I don't always work at Starbucks, or on weekends). To most of the regular employees he's a shadowy figure, and several of my coworkers' only experiences interacting with him was when he screamed at them for being out of uniform. He looked so bitter and unfriendly when I saw him, and didn't say hello back to me.

To that one GSTL: I really appreciate the way that regardless of the fact that I always respond to your calls for backups you decide to continuously be ridiculously rude to me. I also LOVE the fact that you'll let all of your actual cashiers that are around me go on break or do other tasks and not let me get back to the sales floor to do my primary job.

If cashiers are going on break while you are backing up, it is probably because it was their scheduled time to go on break. We don't "wait" until it slows down to send people on break, because then you have 3-4 people who are supposed to go on break at once and it creates more problems.

I realize that sometimes people have to go on break at the right time, I've seen nightmarish occasions where half the front end goes on break at the same time. The sending cashiers to zone One Spot while I have guests waiting at my lane is what bothers me. Our GSAs and other GSTL are wonderful about getting us out of their quickly when we're on backup.

I always feel bad when I leave my lane to go on break/lunch and I hear the "additional cashiers to the front lanes." But like Imerzan said, we have to try and keep up with the break schedule so everyone gets their required breaks and we don't have like 4 cashiers on break at the same time. Our GSTL/GSAs are usually pretty good about getting backups back to the floor quickly though.

I realize that sometimes people have to go on break at the right time, I've seen nightmarish occasions where half the front end goes on break at the same time. The sending cashiers to zone One Spot while I have guests waiting at my lane is what bothers me. Our GSAs and other GSTL are wonderful about getting us out of their quickly when we're on backup.
Grab them as you are going backup. Remind them to look up at thE lanes & jump on.

To that one TM, stop blocking my aisle with your carts and tubs and pushing mine away when we're pulling batches.

Oh and stop putting your hba boxes on my pallet of PLUG ,they are on opposite sides of the store!

To that one target.com "team member" who rudely hung up on me when I was trying to help a guest navigate your impossible return center..... I wish I could reach through the phone line to India and smack you.....:wacko2:

^^^^^^ hahahahahaha I hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee calling our guest relations and target refund authorization!!!!! Like no lie I hate it with a SERIOUS passion!

The way I do breaks and lunches is basically like this. lets say on an opening shift. At our store it goes like this:
My ETL-GE has made the schedule recently to where the closing cashiers are working 5.50 hours or 5.75 that way they don't need a meal unless they are asked to extend, which only happens if we have a call out or something... this has helped a lot...

BREAK MEAL LAST BREAK (7.50 hours or more)
8am cashier 10:15am 12:15 2:30

8am cashier 10:30am 12:45pm 2:45

9am cashier 11am 1:15pm

10am cashier is actually the cash office TM, she will go on her break at 10 as soon as she is finished with the CO; 10am>> meal is @ 11:45am

11am cashier 1:45pm 3pm

12pm cashier 2pm 4pm

12:30pm cashier 2:15 pm 4:30

1pm cashier 3pm

4pm cashier... >> so on and so forth

this is how ii do them every one of mi shifts. The service desk and I wait until 11am when the photo TM comes in. I will not send more then one cashier at a time. Unless we get really backed up. 1st breaks and meals are done by their 4th hour. this always works and I have not had one TM go into compliance. I let the cart attendants work out their own breaks and lunches as long as both sides are completely filled with carts and the restroom check is complete. if they are going on a 15, there should be enough carts to cover for a half hour...if going on a meal, there should be enough to cover for an hour. Sometimes I will try and have a salesfloor TM help out with carts if we are running low.

Grab them as you are going backup. Remind them to look up at thE lanes & jump on.

To the 2 cashiers who decided to turn their lights off at the SAME TIME and go to the restroom. WTF? I already pulled off one cashier to help me push candy, and you guys left us with only 1 cashier (this was early morning). Because of that, I had to listen to a guest yell at me about not having an express lane open, and how they had to wait forever. Way to go guys, I felt no pity in ratting you both out to the GSTL when they came in.

Not like its hard to let your GSA/GSTL know you need to leave your lane, so we can make sure we have proper coverage....

to that one TM....

lmao I am not that mean. I won't complain to the GSTL I will just pull them both to the side and in a nice way let them know that they need to let me know that need to step away. That if they wouldn't mind taking turns that way I can just hop on really quick and let the LOD know or have the service desk cover. Candy is always done in the morning seeing how it is still slow and they can turn off their lights and just walk around with the double deckern cart. Once it hits about 11am/12pm ill have them turn their lights on, ill get a hand basket and fill it with candy/gum and hand it to a cashier on the service desk side, middle and market side and they can work on it between guests. At night and sometimes if there coverage during the day we will have someone (preferably photo) push strays in one spot and the freight.

** to the LOD that forgets to tell you about the 2 call outs and one TM that will be coming in late, 2 hours after their shift was supposed to start. You have been on back up and stuck at the service desk dealing with a guest who insists the cashier purposely gave them the wrong amount of change, took it for themselves and then left. That for the past 20 mins while the LOD covers the front you have been stuck there tryingggg to step away long enough to hand out breaks... and when you ask the LOD to send the next cashier for their meal, they are not sure what's what and have to be walked through it.

To the cashier who calls you over for a price challenge difference of $3 ($10.99 to $7.99)....The lane light has been blinking and you are in the middle of whipping down the handicapped restroom because some chick decided to leave her tampon on the seat and smear blood all over the place..so when you ask the LOD or another TL to get it they are conveniently with another guest in mini seasonal trying to figure out whats hit 70% off and LOD oh yea she's of course in the back by the compactor and can't leave, so when you do go to help the guest they are pissed that the TM can't just change it. Come to find out that it was an ETL for another store..who ends up taking you to the side and nooo she didn't mind waiting but was concerned that had this happen to another guest, and that ONE guest filled out a survey, our score would drop.... loll <<< ^^^ all true stories that happen to me recently!

To those TM's......
To the 2 cashiers who decided to turn their lights off at the SAME TIME and go to the restroom. WTF? I already pulled off one cashier to help me push candy, and you guys left us with only 1 cashier (this was early morning). Because of that, I had to listen to a guest yell at me about not having an express lane open, and how they had to wait forever. Way to go guys, I felt no pity in ratting you both out to the GSTL when they came in.

Not like its hard to let your GSA/GSTL know you need to leave your lane, so we can make sure we have proper coverage....

To the CTL, please stop breaking down wine endcaps and push them back for me to put up...do your job, I don't have time to do mine and yours too.!

to the store's TL's please, please, please start abiding by the call out guidelines. Too many call outs on closing shifts make it tough on the rest of us to get our jobs done. To the 3 team members who are constantly calling out....just quit, please.

To my fellow flow TM,could you push the truck like the rest of us,and not do pulls from A and B....could you pick stuff up that are heavier than a pencil!.
And stop complaining that you are diabetic! I have been diabetic for the past 20 years,and it is amazing,i can lift a bottle of tide without a problem !!!!

To the one Cashier girl who got randomly chosen to be trained at the service desk...

Its painfully obvious you don't like it and don't want to do it. But, please don't hand things to me and go "dude, can you defect this." Especially when i'm with a line of guests and you want to go flirt with the GSA, and then whine when i tell you to do it because i know you know how. Yeah i know you're cute and can get just about any guy in the store to do your work for you, so on behalf of the rest of the SDTMs who wont tell you like it is: go tell the GSTL not to schedule you at the desk anymore, do us all a favor and go back to being a cashier.

What's worse is that this girl actually considered applying for GSA.

Last edited:
Aside from this situation, I believe that every cashier and register trained TM's should also be trained at the serivce desk. I know a few TM's who are sheduled back there and slack off. I tell them that they either get to work or I will switch them for another cashier who is also trained back there.

To the one Cashier girl who got randomly chosen to be trained at the service desk...

Its painfully obvious you don't like it and don't want to do it. But, please don't hand things to me and go "dude, can you defect this." Especially when i'm with a line of guests and you want to go flirt with the GSA, and then whine when i tell you to do it because i know you know how. Yeah i know you're cute and can get just about any guy in the store to do your work for you, so on behalf of the rest of the SDTMs who wont tell you like it is: go tell the GSTL not to schedule you at the desk anymore, do us all a favor and go back to being a cashier.

What's worse is that this girl actually considered applying for GSA.

Aside from this situation, I believe that every cashier and register trained TM's should also be trained at the serivce desk. I know a few TM's who are sheduled back there and slack off. I tell them that they either get to work or I will switch them for another cashier who is also trained back there.

I agree. We tend to have periods of time where there is no one at guest service and I'll be up there sorting my reshop and inevitably a few guests will walk up. It drives me crazy that I can't just help guests that come up and I have to get on the walkie for someone to actually come over there. The guests always give me a "you work here why can't you help me" look. :/

I agree to a certain extent. I believe that those cashiers who display competence should at least have the service desk processes explained to them so they have some idea of what goes on away from the lanes (return policy, how registries work, what only Guest Service can do for guests, etc.). If there are enough hours for them to actually be trained over there, then that's even better.

Training hrs? THIS time of year? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *runs laughing hysterically through the halls*

Our ETLs claim that there will be training hours in February or March for those who want to cross-train (we'll see about that). One of the Hardlines TLs told me he thinks they should train this time of year because a quieter store would be a better learning environment than the craziness of Christmahanukkwanzivus season. But of course, corporate would never do anything logical like that... :rolleyes:

Our ETLs claim that there will be training hours in February or March for those who want to cross-train (we'll see about that). One of the Hardlines TLs told me he thinks they should train this time of year because a quieter store would be a better learning environment than the craziness of Christmahanukkwanzivus season. But of course, corporate would never do anything logical like that... :rolleyes:

It was announced at huddle this morning that we should consider being cross trained to prepare for fourth quarter. Our ETL-HR that was LOD this morning chuckled as she was reading that though.

Ahem, I will attempt to comport myself (note, I said ATTEMPT).

to the LOD's who think the store can look anywhere near decent with less than 10 people working a closing shift....:\ We had 3 no call no shows yesterday and 2 call outs....as far I know I was the only one called in. (I work in a must staff (for our store) position). Seriously, that is at least 18 hours of payroll that could have been covered and guests wouldn't be griping up a storm about the 10-15 minute check out time.

To the HQ-please send us our new STL quickly and make him a good one....he's going to need to be we are a drama bunch.

To my TL-don't shut me out when I come to you with a concern...I like you as a person but you need to work on the leadership stuff.

to the LOD's who think the store can look anywhere near decent with less than 10 people working a closing shift....:\ We had 3 no call no shows yesterday and 2 call outs....as far I know I was the only one called in. (I work in a must staff (for our store) position). Seriously, that is at least 18 hours of payroll that could have been covered and guests wouldn't be griping up a storm about the 10-15 minute check out time.

To the HQ-please send us our new STL quickly and make him a good one....he's going to need to be we are a drama bunch.

To my TL-don't shut me out when I come to you with a concern...I like you as a person but you need to work on the leadership stuff.

Right now payroll is really tight, and most call ins/no call no shows can't be filled back.. Least thats how it is at my AA+ store right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back