To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To every team member: Before you send a guest to another store to pickup a product, remember that the on hand number on mydevices is usually inaccurate. If it says 2 on hand, odds are they don't have it. Say this to the guest and suggest that they call the store to try to put it on hold. I've had too many guests come up to me saying they were told we had something when in fact we didn't, and we had to hand out a bunch of apology coupons.

Also, if you're helping a guest on the phone and they're wondering if we have something in stock, don't just look at th on hand number. Put the phone down and check the shelf to see how much you physically have. I've had team members tell guests we had items in stock when we didn't.
Are you me? Because I had this exact thing happen today. Another store sends a guest to us because we "have" 2 tables (we don't). Cue me calling another store half an hour away to see if they do (they do!) and the guy who answers the phone is awesome and even checks that the ones in the backroom do exist.

Then again he kept including the display in his count and when I asked the condition of the furniture he was "Yeah the display isn't scratched up." That's great but not what I'm looking for.

To every team member: Before you send a guest to another store to pickup a product, remember that the on hand number on mydevices is usually inaccurate. If it says 2 on hand, odds are they don't have it. Say this to the guest and suggest that they call the store to try to put it on hold. I've had too many guests come up to me saying they were told we had something when in fact we didn't, and we had to hand out a bunch of apology coupons.

Also, if you're helping a guest on the phone and they're wondering if we have something in stock, don't just look at th on hand number. Put the phone down and check the shelf to see how much you physically have. I've had team members tell guests we had items in stock when we didn't.
Had that happen a few weeks ago. A lady came here for four chairs because another store told her we had 4 on hand. There were only 3 on the shelf.

I checked other stores for her and reminded her to stop at guest services to call and double check before heading over there.

Of course after she left, another TM found the 4th chair flexed in the middle of the seasonal home deco. aisle...

To that one flow team member thinking you can pass your push off as backstock - I know who you are. Matter of fact, it's a group of you. You aren't slick, every one of your ideas had been tried on me so many times I'm almost offended you would even bother. It's cute until I audit a few boxes and you get a coaching. Or the backroom team lead gets pissed and throws the whole vehicle back on the floor. I wish our ETL would shit can half of the push team since you're all dead weight anyways.

So, to that one...er... group of team members - fuck you :D

TTOETL: You told me you were too busy to sign off on my swap when I told you someone agreed to cover me, but you promised you'd do it before you left. It was really nice to have my phone go off while I was loading a moving truck and see a bunch of texts from a fellow TM asking why I pulled my first ever NCNS. Luckily for you the LOD when I called in was one I'm super chill with and not you, because had you been there and answered that phone, you would have had to take out a restraining order. I'm done playing your games. HR WILL be hearing about this when she gets back from vacation, and I have 2 TLs and many TMs who are prepared to back me up.

TTOTM: THANK YOU for texting me about what was going on. You're a life-saver.

TTO(ther)TM: I hope you enjoy your 3rd vacation in 3 months. You don't deserve it, as you rarely do much of anything, but, like, have a good time for the rest of us who actually have to go to work sometimes.

TTOTM: Thanks for going on vacation and never coming back. I appreciate all the shifts I had to cover for you. Thanks also for giving me a 14 hour shift since I was the only Softlines team member left who could close. Thank you. Really.

To HR: Please stop scheduling me outside of my availability. I've had the same availability for about 3 years, and you've never had a problem with it before. As much as I'd love to be at both jobs at the same time, it's not physically possible.

This drives me out of my fucking mind. It's common sense that you make sure you actually have the product before you tell the guest.

TTOTM: I appreciate you being willing to cover Electronic's final break so I could finish my zone, but when I ended up having to spend almost 10 minutes showing you how to deal with the security devices, I may as well have just covered the break. I appreciate your willingness to help, but crunch time isn't the best time to learn new things like that.

To the cry baby wine vendor:

View attachment 1058

You come to the store at 230pm on a Sunday and demand that someone sign off your wine order. I call someone to the back and they tell you to go to guest service because they're too busy to come back there. You threw a hissy fit and said "fuck these stores". No, fuck you. Your ass should have been at the store 9am or 10am when it would have been dead but of course you took the lazy ass way out and came at one of the busiest times of the day. It's Sunday afternoon. What did you fucking expect? That an ETL is going to drop everything they're doing so you can get out of the store? I don't think so. You are the reason why I can't stand vendors. You guys are a bunch of demanding messy assholes that don't clean up your messes and then come crying to me or an ETL when you need something.

TTOTM: I'm getting kind of tired of you being disrespectful to women and then using your charisma to charm your way out of it. You have no sense of boundaries and will hit on TMs who clearly don't like it. I've seen you hit on TMs who are married, underage girls, and lesbian TMs and pass it off as a harmless joke. You say some pretty derogatory things, and the sad thing is that people just laugh. You even went around joking about how this one TM was a "crazy slut" after she rejected you, and you actually got people to side with you! How you keep getting away with this fuckery is beyond me. But maybe I'm a part of the problem, because I don't want to be the one person who ruins the joke by saying something.

TTOTM: I'm getting kind of tired of you being disrespectful to women and then using your charisma to charm your way out of it. You have no sense of boundaries and will hit on TMs who clearly don't like it. I've seen you hit on TMs who are married, underage girls, and lesbian TMs and pass it off as a harmless joke. You say some pretty derogatory things, and the sad thing is that people just laugh. You even went around joking about how this one TM was a "crazy slut" after she rejected you, and you actually got people to side with you! How you keep getting away with this fuckery is beyond me. But maybe I'm a part of the problem, because I don't want to be the one person who ruins the joke by saying something.
Welcome to target that is how it is too all hardline team members thank you for coming up for guest service .

@Bullselle: Start speaking up so you don't continue to be part of the problem.
If it gets worse, talk to your ETL-HR. Use phrases like 'sexual harassment', 'hostile work environment', 'unwanted attention' to name a few.
Your speaking up might give others the courage to speak up as well.

If it gets worse, talk to your ETL-HR. Use phrases like 'sexual harassment', 'hostile work environment', 'unwanted attention' to name a few.

Amen, bring the jerk up by his short and curlys.
Someone like that is toxic to work with and makes the job miserable for everyone.

Once again, I'm in that situation where everyone's laughing it off except for a few people, so I can't tell whether I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. But the longer I work here, the less tolerance I have for people's bullshit. Two other TMs have exhibited similar behavior (idk if anyone remembers that post I made a while back about that TM harassing an ETL, but they both ended up quitting).
It's occurred to me that my store can kind of be a "boys club" sometimes and we turn a blind eye when we shouldn't. The thing is that 90% of the male TMs are fine, so it's easy for us to ignore the few who aren't. I'm sure most, if not all of my ETLs know about this TM's behavior and they just tend to roll their eyes and scoff. He has personally not said anything towards me that would get me fired up enough to complain, so I just assume that no one else is really that bothered by his behavior either.

The one exception would be his comment where he called a TM a "crazy slut". Word did get back to her and she took it very personally. I even saw her crying in the break room while a few other TMs and an ETL were in the room. She didn't file a complaint even though I'm sure half of the store knew what he said. Anyway, the issue has died down now so if I use that one example as a complaint, it's like I'm digging up an old issue that people would rather keep private.
Plus with all the other nonsense that goes on in the store, I'm at the edge of quitting and I just feel like this job isn't worth the fight.

Whether others find it funny or not is irrelevant. It doesn't make you a prude. You, just as everyone, have a right to work in an environment free from that kind of garbage. If it's allowed to continue, it will only get worse. other people probably feel the same way, but they think it's a mole hill, as well.

This kind of behaviour spreads. Others pick up on it, and it gets worse.

TTOTM - Thanks for (like you always do) calling in so I could be called in to cover your shift. I'll be close to 40 this week all because of you!

TTOTM - Thanks, opening FA TM for hauling ass as soon as I show up, leaving the popcorn oil empty!

You had your whole shift (on a Sunday!) to service that.

TTOTM: SO LONG, DEAD WEIGHT. GOOD RIDDANCE.
bye%2Bbye%2Bmaster.gif

to that one team leader:

it is my contribution. my top and needs attention people, not yours. i dont care if y'all are best friends, if he's a slacker, he's a slacker. period. i dont appreciate you saying i just dont drive the team like you did. get over yourself. if you were really a rock star, they wouldnt have moved you from that workcenter.

sorry. having a great day, then get totally embarrassed by a fellow tl rant on my performance during our meeting, in front of our new stl and all my peers. she was the former tl, and i cant say anything about the team without her saying its not them, its me. even when i had to coach them on attendance. or taking long breaks. or tying stuff and not setting it.
thanks, i needed to vent.
Dek067 how would you like to get a new ETL Log in July and find out her instructions were to have you termed before 4th quarter

I hate it when you guys are right.

Direct quote from one of the dudes I used (past tense, thank god) to work with: "We got so many hot underage girls here that I think I'm gonna get the cops called on me one of these days." Thankfully, none of those underage girls were in earshot, but you can be sure HR didn't take too kindly to that when it was documented and brought up to them. Write this stuff down with dates. When you've got a nice list, bring it in.

Totco stop being very annoying yes we know your a big boss but I really don't care for you matter of fact if your car broke down on the freeway I would wave and drive away.

To my stl and etl hr : no I won't change my availability !
You are both threatening me with cutting my hours , that is fine by me !
Go ahead !

TTOTM:

Stop telling me to swipe my card the second you scan my first item! Is it not enough that I already have my cartwheel and discount card ready for you? Maybe I like to see the prices BEFORE I pay...

I swear to god one day I am just going to grab the big bag of quarters from my car and pay with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back