To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOGSTL - Reading all of these availability threads on the break room suddenly reminded me of when I applied for GSA, and you warned me that I needed "open availability, not just nights," only to learn that my availability's been open since day one but I mostly get scheduled nights because no one ELSE's availability is that open. Seriously, your quick 180 of embarrassment was really funny and I'm glad we get along. No snark, you're great and that was just a really funny memory.

Along the same lines....I wish we had a separate area to hang our coats. There's nothing worse than having your coat sandwiched between 2 smokers' coats.

YES TO THIS! I actually would lean in to sniff the coats before hanging up my coat!

TTOGSTL: Stop treating me like I am an idiot. I am not. trust.

You are just making yourself look bad. again.

I would too, but then someone will go out on a break and hang theirs right next to mine. :mad:

Yeah, I've had that happen too. Wish the smokers would be more considerate about stuff like that... sigh

Ah yes Black Friday where the majority of TLs and ETLs get all buddy-buddy with each other but treat the TMs like they're peons.

I am! Always stuff my stinky smokey coat/jacket in a locker!!!! booyah considerate smoker:)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

My Zyrtec just doesn't help with that, and then the whole smell issue on top of that.... Wish I could clone you!

I know I complain sometimes, but my STL was working along side TLs and TMs today. He was his usual friendly, funny hard-working self. I have the best boss I've ever had and I'm thankful.
We have an awesome STL too. She's always out on the floor, helping guests, picking up reshop as she walks around the floor, and is normally one of the first to actually jump on a register when guest first is called and she's nearby.

TTOTM:

I was gonna go get you a towel to dry off, you didn't really have to follow me into the little closet.

Ah, weird! Because in California, (where I am) the law says a 30 minute lunch is required for every 5 hours worked. Yet we still get 45. I think it's no less than 30, but no more than an hour or something like that.

NY is the same way. State law says 30 min, but Spot days 45 min. So at one job, I get 45 min lunches, and at my other job, I get a half hour.

To the new TMs, if you are working green, and there's no one picking up a seasonal call because either no one was specified to work that area or they're on a meal, YOU SHOULD PICK UP THAT CALL! I shouldn't walk over from softlines to search for the box 22 Christmas tree and on my route see you (plural! There was more than one of you) not with a guest. If you're not with a guest, there's no reason to ignore the phone call. None.

Ugh. I hope that lady remembered to do the survey lol and remembered my name.

To that etl who led that one huddle... I assure you the people who are wasting guests' time to call over for help are almost never from sl. If a hl person calls us over for help with locating hanging clothes, I understand, but looking up an item to see if it's in stock? They're more likely to have equipment than us... And yet, they still call us. "Can a softlines tm come to shoes? ...she wants to know if we have more of these in the back.." "Ok... Can you scan it for me with your my device or no???"

TTOTM You were back from LOA for one day and managed to piss off most of softlines with your attitude. It's going to be a long winter break if you don't stop pissing us off and acting like you are better than the rest of us. You're really not.

Ah, weird! Because in California, (where I am) the law says a 30 minute lunch is required for every 5 hours worked. Yet we still get 45. I think it's no less than 30, but no more than an hour or something like that.
Do you have to clock out for a 45 minute unpaid lunch?

Generally breaks are not mandated by law (except for minors) but a minimum of 30 minute unpaid lunch break for every so many hours is mandated by law. An employer can choose to be more generous. I have worked other jobs that didn't actually clock out and the accepted office policy was 30 minutes unpaid and you could use your other paid breaks to make your lunch 45 minutes with one other break or 60 minutes without taking any breaks during a full day.

Do you have to clock out for a 45 minute unpaid lunch?

Generally breaks are not mandated by law (except for minors) but a minimum of 30 minute unpaid lunch break for every so many hours is mandated by law. An employer can choose to be more generous. I have worked other jobs that didn't actually clock out and the accepted office policy was 30 minutes unpaid and you could use your other paid breaks to make your lunch 45 minutes with one other break or 60 minutes without taking any breaks during a full day.
Yes, you have to clock out for your meal break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back