To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my two fellow toys and electronics team members who quit yesterday: Thanks, jerks. I know working in a high volume store, in the busiest area in the store, during the busiest time of the year blows. Believe me. But you just made it harder for the rest of us who actually can't afford to quit their jobs on Christmas week.

TToTL: Why do you have such a bug up your ass? I've been helping guests and pushing reshop and pulls all day, I have 3 RedCards, and the first time you see me all day you catch me trying to write down an attachment for a sale I literally just made and say "uh uh, get back to pushing reshop, you don't have time for that"? Piss off.

TToTL: Why do you have such a bug up your ass? I've been helping guests and pushing reshop and pulls all day, I have 3 RedCards, and the first time you see me all day you catch me trying to write down an attachment for a sale I literally just made and say "uh uh, get back to pushing reshop, you don't have time for that"? Piss off.
I was swamped with so many guests and backup yesterday that it was almost impossible for me to focus on my tasks. They don't seem to understand that.

TToSTL: That's the last time I offer to help you clean up anything. See you next Tuesday.

TToTL: Pffffft.

TTOTM: Stop pushing carts of reshop into the stockroom and pretending it's backstock. When I see your TL on Saturday, I'll be sure to push it all back out and let him know exactly what it is and where it came from.

TTOTM: Lose the attitude when you call backroom for help. Every time I hear you come on the walkie, it starts off with "uhh HELLOOO, backroom!?!? Guest service needs assistance!!!" Chill the fuck out and call us like a normal person and wait for a response. Yes it can take a second because we may be half way up a ladder, trying to maneuver a heavy pallet off the steel, or in the stockroom with poor reception.
I was not impressed when the other GSTM was calling me for assistance and you interrupted my response to ask why was nobody responding.
Stop being so fucking impatient and disrespectful, especially in front of guests.

TTOTM: When you walk past a line of backstock carts, into the stockroom, come up to my cart and drop an item into it while saying "here's some backstock for ya," I hope you realize I'm just going to send it out on your next pull.

Is Christmas over yet?

TTOTM: Stop pushing carts of reshop into the stockroom and pretending it's backstock. When I see your TL on Saturday, I'll be sure to push it all back out and let him know exactly what it is and where it came from.

TTOTM: Lose the attitude when you call backroom for help. Every time I hear you come on the walkie, it starts off with "uhh HELLOOO, backroom!?!? Guest service needs assistance!!!" Chill the fuck out and call us like a normal person and wait for a response. Yes it can take a second because we may be half way up a ladder, trying to maneuver a heavy pallet off the steel, or in the stockroom with poor reception.
I was not impressed when the other GSTM was calling me for assistance and you interrupted my response to ask why was nobody responding.
Stop being so fucking impatient and disrespectful, especially in front of guests.

TTOTM: When you walk past a line of backstock carts, into the stockroom, come up to my cart and drop an item into it while saying "here's some backstock for ya," I hope you realize I'm just going to send it out on your next pull.

Is Christmas over yet?
Nope, four minutes left here in Ca

TTOTM: you said you wanted to switch positions because you "we're there all day yesterday..." Two hours later, you wanted to go BACK! When I said "whatever, you complained about what I left you to do." Sorry, it's what I was working on!

TTOTL: When I said, "No. That'll slow us down." I meant it. I was expecting only 3 people including me to do work in Toys. So when our bosses wanted 2 people in an aisle, 1 to ticket and 1 to zone after ticketing, that is a slow way of doing things. We wouldn't have finished at the time that we did if we had followed it.

TT O/N Team, thanks for being so jolly these past couple days. I just wished my backroom did not looked like a warzone.

TT D/S Team. thanks for stepping up for cleaning and pushing freight to the floor in between the CAFs.

To that new TM who had the gall to ask me during training "so...do you believe the gossip around here?". And then, she asked "so what's the story with ________? [insert name of TLOD] I can't get a feel for him but he seems odd." Really? Do you think I'm going to go anywhere near those questions? She then proceeded to ask me whether anybody would mind if she left a couple of hours early the next day (her third day on the job?) to see a Dr. because her back had really started hurting since starting to work at the store. I gave her my opinion but she went ahead and asked the ETL-HR anyway.

To that one cashier who just realized that I've never worked a cashier shift the entire time you've worked here, yea, I come up for backup a lot.
I didn't think I went that much but I was in line and the topic of seasonals came up and I said "I'm sure at least one in SL is going. She's terrible" and he was all "wait, you work softlines?" I hate cashier shifts. I don't mind backing up because the expectations are different, but a shift? No thanks.

To that one seasonal SL tm, I think you'd be a great addition to the team, but I hope you find it in you to invest in some floss, a tongue scraper, a professional cleaning, some mouthwash, some gum, a tin of Altoids, something.

To the people in hl who are taking online items from the hands of guests, wyd? If your department wants guest service to charge that stuff out, that's fine, but when it gets past GS and onto a shelf with or without an orange sticker, taking it from someone's hands is not the right thing to do.

To whoever is teaching them this, why? Why is this the strategy you chose?

Nah, cashier/SDTM. But when our CAs are busy and we have trash carts piling up up front, I'll wheel the cart back. Someone in the BR will just say to me that I can leave it in front of the compactor and they'll take care of it.

Just makes no sense to me. We might tell someone to leave trash if the door is closed/locked, but if it's open I see no reason someone wouldn't feel comfortable putting trash in it. Personally I always grab the compactor keys if I am taking trash back.

To That One Overnight TM: You must be new, because how the fuck do you think it's okay to stack a pallet like that? I was picking a SFS order and it was one of the steel locations. It was a pallet with 4 disassembled shelving units and one large box on top. Here's a quick diagram:

Cz1AtrF.png

The shelving units were sticking out way past the beams, plus the rug beneath it, so the crown wasn't able to go flush against the pallet and the forks would only get about halfway underneath the pallet. Not to mention the large, heavy box perched precariously on top that nearly fell onto my coworker when the steel shook when he used the crown to get something down from one of the neighboring locations. There were things stacked above the item I needed to pick that I couldn't move, so the wave was out of the question. We ended up having to use two waves in order to have enough room to shuffle the items on the pallet around to get the item I needed. There were a few other pallets like this, but thankfully I didn't have to pick anything from them.

TATM: yes, we STILL get our Target discounts. Just scan the damn card!!! Don't tell me, "I can't scan that, you're not Target employees anymore..." If we weren't entitled to it, they wouldn't work anymore!!!

In fact, we are ALL getting NEW employee discount cards, they just came. Not sure what's different about them, but saw the sheet of them today....1 employee and 1 dependent for each one of us...

@Firefox
That's when I skip past it and grab from another BR loc or the salesfloor and let the backroom deal with it when it comes out in the CAFs.

TTOETL: I'm so sorry I annoyed you by double checking if a shift needed approval to be changed. I guess I shouldn't even worry about the book anymore! No matter if the shifts get signed off on or not... what was I thinking?

:rolleyes:

@Firefox
That's when I skip past it and grab from another BR loc or the salesfloor and let the backroom deal with it when it comes out in the CAFs.

Thankfully it was one of the last today orders, so it wasn't a big deal that it took longer than usual. I didn't think to check other locations, though.

TATM: yes, we STILL get our Target discounts. Just scan the damn card!!! Don't tell me, "I can't scan that, you're not Target employees anymore..." If we weren't entitled to it, they wouldn't work anymore!!!

In fact, we are ALL getting NEW employee discount cards, they just came. Not sure what's different about them, but saw the sheet of them today....1 employee and 1 dependent for each one of us...
Damn, you get more shit about your discount than anyone. I've never been questioned about mine when I am at another store.

TTOTM To all the seasonal people. Some of your are great. A couple of you are even staying. The ones that came in high, sand baged your work, always late and didn't give a shit..Good riddance !! Hope to never see you again!!

Last edited:
TTOLOD: We wouldn't have gotten out when we did if it wasn't for you last night. You were so helpful, especially in Softlines when you did touch-ups in zones so that we could move on to help others or finish what we needed to do. That was so awesome. It was so nice to get out on time, especially with the cold weather. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back