To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep... nothing I hate more than sales floor giving attitude about backing up. Backing up the lanes is a lot more important than your work unless you are helping a guest. Guest service is first, tasks second.

On the other hand, if we don't have product on the shelves, the guests can't buy anything. In my opinion, it's much better to think of it as achieving the perfect balance between guest service and tasks. That being said, I always respond to backup.

To that one team member on the line: I appreciate your ability to count, and yes 2+4=6, but if the break-out box isn't numbered 6 (stationary) than it is not mine! We're a store near schools and Stationary is always heavy with multiple carts per isle. I don't have time to drop off the break outs back to the back room....I do Stationary break-out, HBA, Chemicals, and them hopefully Pets before 8am break..

rawr

To the presentation team, I can not always be around you and carry you. I have business walks, status' and reviews. Please learn to set an aisle completely stop scanning research before pushing everything! Learn to prioritize!!!!

To my HL Team Lead. You're completely awesome, BUT when I'm working revisions in electronics, that does not mean I'm covering electronics. I will be happy to help you out when you get overwhelmed, but I do not appreciate you dumping your department on me ....

To whoever built the two pallets of ISM signing -- your crappy job of putting together the pallet has made me have to order six signs.
I don't know if they will come in on time.
If you don't know how to build a pallet that doesn't destroy the signs you should get another job.

To the new GSTL: I know you're totally new to Target and you're still learning, so don't be afraid to listen to your underlings if they know how to do something that you don't. For example, I've worked on the floor before, so I would be more than happy to help you with Item Search. Also, if you want to be able to lead your team effectively, you need to get to know your team.

To my ETL-HL, you rock! Thanks for all of the support you give us, and for taking a sincere interest in our areas. I've been dreading each shift for the last couple of weeks to the point of making myself physically ill, but you made my shift tonight not horrible. You're still fairly new though, and I really hope they don't beat that out of you.

"To that one photo tm, paper has specific sides on the printer. 5x7 and 8x10 on the left, all 4x6 on the right. Putting the premium 4x6 on the left side CAUSES JAMS. You will have less jams if you follow it this way! Also, I leave notes to make your life easier, not to make you mad. " ~band_rules16

I am the ONLY photo trained TM at my store. I've worked with the GS TMs as much as I'm able to (w/o hours and during slow times as GSA), but I still have a couple of people who INSIST I'm wrong and that they know best. I went to work yesterday to discover my metafix was prompting "wet floor" and one of my hoses was leaking water. Nobody called it in because they were waiting to see what would happen...seriously?!?

Except, I think we do our paper differently. I keep premium 4x6 on the left (and switch out 5x7 and 8x10 as needed) and basic 4x6 on the right. Since the majority of people use basic 4x6, I tell people to not ever take it out of the machine unless it's empty and needs to be changed. :)

"To that one photo tm, paper has specific sides on the printer. 5x7 and 8x10 on the left, all 4x6 on the right. Putting the premium 4x6 on the left side CAUSES JAMS. You will have less jams if you follow it this way! Also, I leave notes to make your life easier, not to make you mad. " ~band_rules16

I am the ONLY photo trained TM at my store. I've worked with the GS TMs as much as I'm able to (w/o hours and during slow times as GSA), but I still have a couple of people who INSIST I'm wrong and that they know best. I went to work yesterday to discover my metafix was prompting "wet floor" and one of my hoses was leaking water. Nobody called it in because they were waiting to see what would happen...seriously?!?

Except, I think we do our paper differently. I keep premium 4x6 on the left (and switch out 5x7 and 8x10 as needed) and basic 4x6 on the right. Since the majority of people use basic 4x6, I tell people to not ever take it out of the machine unless it's empty and needs to be changed. :)

Oh, this so much! Our machine is temperamental, so putting the paper in with 4x6 on the right and enlargements on the left seems to keep it happy, until a TM who doesn't know what's going on switches the premium to the left side. Thus we have major paper jams.

There's one TM who insists on being the one to change filters on Saturdays when she works. As a result, we've had chemical spills for the last two months that don't get cleaned up. When we (or the GSTL) ask her about it, she just claims she's not trained and doesn't know any better. Um, you make sure you're the one that does it and you've been in there over two months...REALLY?! Take some responsibility.

And there was this gem today...I worked price accuracy this morning when the photo TM calls me up to the lab. The test strip (attached to the leader card) got lost in our machine while she was trying to print the control strips. She does the usual pulling out the rollers and checking for jams that way, but then calls me in. I check a couple other places and finally tell her to call Kodak. I'm price accuracy today, so it's not my responsibility. She hands me the phone and tells me she hates calling. Now I understand why our lab went to heck last fall when I was on LOA...because no one does anything!
By the time I left at 11:30, our printer was down and our prints-in-seconds kiosk was down in addition to our pig on wheels constantly beeping in the backroom. I hope she called the latter two in.

I just wish TMs would take responsibility for things. Oh, a guest wants you to check another store for that item? Well, go to the fitting room and look up the phone number of the store they want to check. Oh, we're not sure if we can ship out some of this price change salvage? Call the 800 number yourself, don't make chargebacks do it. Oh, the camera recycling box is full? Close it up so we can ship it out and put in a new one. Oh you don't have lockup keys so you can't do the electronics/MMB CAFs? Call the LOD or go upstairs to find the TM that has them that's on break.

I really do like some of my coworkers, but a LOT of them make me want to *headdesk*

Did you unlock the rollers and pull all of them out?? That's usually where I find my test strips...or the leader strips...or both. It's gotten so bad, that when the tech calls, he automatically asks for me. Even though I'm GSA, the tech has asked the GSTL and the ETL-GE to schedule me photo once a week so I can do cleaning in the machine. Actually taking out the rollers and boxes and getting in there with gloves, sponge, and soap. So what do they do?? Schedule me as the closing service desk TM. I agree...some coworkers are amazing, but those who aren't...really aren't. :)

Did you unlock the rollers and pull all of them out?? That's usually where I find my test strips...or the leader strips...or both. It's gotten so bad, that when the tech calls, he automatically asks for me. Even though I'm GSA, the tech has asked the GSTL and the ETL-GE to schedule me photo once a week so I can do cleaning in the machine. Actually taking out the rollers and boxes and getting in there with gloves, sponge, and soap. So what do they do?? Schedule me as the closing service desk TM. I agree...some coworkers are amazing, but those who aren't...really aren't. :)

Yup, we took out all the rollers and the dryer cover. The TM said she could see some paper in the dryer but couldn't tell if it was the control strip or not. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if we got it fixed. It just seemed like everything came crashing down in photo today. Over the summer it was me and this other guy that were the main photo TMs. He's been doing it for 3 years and knows how to fix almost anything, and if he can't fix it, then he calls. I take what I can apart but usually end up calling. We both took LOAs at the same time last fall, which is when the problems started. :( Both of us came back during the holidays so things started running smoother. I figured we were due for problems. :pardon:

thanks to the team member who listened to me today, assured me I am not crazy, and sincerely cared about my feelings. You are awesome - which is why I know you will probably get the promotion outside of spot soon. Good for you and thanks.

Thank you to the team member who came back to the floor to check on me after close tonight I'm glad you didn't leave me to finish zone and reshop by myself without even knowing the rest of the team had left.

Thank you to the team member who came back to the floor to check on me after close tonight I'm glad you didn't leave me to finish zone and reshop by myself without even knowing the rest of the team had left.

That's an abnormality.

This has happened a few times when cashiers get sent out to do reshop after close with no walkies. Depending on who's closing TL/LOD, they'll make a general announcement. If I'm closing and they don't, I try to make sure we have everybody before we go. I've been forgotten a couple times when I first started. It's no fun. :(

A few good and a few bad:

The good
To our door guard for remodel - you totally rock. You help clean the signing room and do our backroom price change. You're totally willing to learn how to pull and want to learn other areas. You're one of the few bright spots in my day.
To our guest service remodel team - GTCs to all of you for being ready to help show guests where things have moved. I know it's your job, but I never hear anyone complain (other than at the end of their shift because their feet are tired!)
To the support LOD today - you're way cooler than some of our ETLs. Can we keep you?
To chargebacks - thanks for answering all my questions and showing me a few tips for price change special handling. My life gets easier when I don't have to individually bag twenty lipsticks.

The bad
Newbies in the BR - please stop complaining about pulls and backstock. It's your job. If you don't want to be scheduled back there, you should have stayed in your old positions. I keep trying to get scheduled back there (to help fill gaps) and yet you get shifts and I don't. Hey, but if you want to trade...
Photo - I have reminded you CONSTANTLY ALL WEEK to call metafix about our waste transfer unit (pig on wheels). It's been beeping and flashing "check pump" for three days now. Don't tell me "you don't have time". Something is broken back there. We can't filter chemicals or even empty chemicals if you don't call. If it's not done by Monday, I'm going to throw lots and lots of things.
And for those who do the schedule - I still hate mine. Also, why did you schedule pfresh training DURING SPRING BREAK when a LOT of people are going to be gone??
AM Operator - I can't fix the fitting room. I can't change the system of how we sort. I know it was implemented by our old STL who is no longer with us, but that's a TL or ETL thing to change it. Every day I see you, you complain about the nighttime softlines team. I can't change that either. They've had 3 people for the entire sales floor every night since remodel started. I can't fix that. I'm sorry I can't make the reshop go away or train people correctly because I only work in the mornings. The best I can do is leave reminders for the closing operator by the phone. Can you please stop complaining?

I only worked a 5.5 hour shift today and wow...I was annoyed when I left.

To my cashier:
I am so glad that you are always willing to go do reshop. No, I will not let you go during back-up, please stop asking. I will also never send you anywhere I can't see you. Last time you took the "B" cart, you somehow ended up holding that cart over by the electronics boat. In my store, B is up front, electronics in the back. Also, you've only been here for an hour, it's not break time. I will tell you when that time is upon us...I promise I will not forget. I have never forgotten a break unless it was my own. One more thing...I can only teach you about coupons so many times before I feel that you're just not listening to me. I took over for you yesterday because you weren't doing anything correctly. Target does not accept coupons that have been copied (especially if the coupon says "Void if copied, transferred, or scanned) or those without expiration dates.

To my food ave TM:
You rock! Thanks for going above and beyond. You did your dishes and helped out S-Bux with theirs because you noticed she was running behind. You also kept asking me to send you guests so I wouldn't have to call for backup. Thank you for helping to make my night better!! :)

This has happened a few times when cashiers get sent out to do reshop after close with no walkies. Depending on who's closing TL/LOD, they'll make a general announcement. If I'm closing and they don't, I try to make sure we have everybody before we go. I've been forgotten a couple times when I first started. It's no fun. :(

We have 1 TL who will tell everyone with a walkie to hug a cashier. :friends:

A few good and a few bad:

The bad
Photo - I have reminded you CONSTANTLY ALL WEEK to call metafix about our waste transfer unit (pig on wheels). It's been beeping and flashing "check pump" for three days now. Don't tell me "you don't have time". Something is broken back there. We can't filter chemicals or even empty chemicals if you don't call. If it's not done by Monday, I'm going to throw lots and lots of things.

This can usually be fixed by flushing out the hoses attached. they attach to a hose and ill just run some hot water through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back