To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a vicious cycle. Both opening and closing teams have to do a good job to set the other team up. I know at my store the opening salesfloor hours are nothing. There is usually 1 person working 8-2:30 and most times someone coming in from like 12-4 or so and the closing TL shift coming in at 2. It seems we have only one operator recently working 12-9 or something like that.
Wow, who answers the phone before 12?! Guest service?

We have too many team members who don't need walkies pick them up at 6am, and then there aren't enough to go around the rest of the day. It's pretty pathetic. I used to answer the phones form the tsc all the time, but since you have to pull teeth to get one I gave up. There must be others who need to wear them, but never use them.

/end rant

To that one GSTL: When the sales floor needs help pushing CAFs and working reshop, there is no reason to have three or four noob cashiers "working on One Spot" (a.k.a. messing around and conversating instead of actually making themselves useful) while the sales floor-trained cashiers are cashing. I know you're new and you're only required to worry about the front end, but at least try to promote "globality" instead of making everyone (except those three or four noob cashiers hanging out in One Spot) hate you.

We have too many team members who don't need walkies pick them up at 6am, and then there aren't enough to go around the rest of the day. It's pretty pathetic. I used to answer the phones form the tsc all the time, but since you have to pull teeth to get one I gave up. There must be others who need to wear them, but never use them.

/end rant
That is why you asked for those folks or have a tl hunt them down for their walkies. I would do it for you.

ARGH!!!! To the exec team:

Could you please explain to me just HOW I am supposed to do consistent work when you change expectations and don't tell me???? And what is the deal with with you all having deals in between each other that involve me? Dontcha think that maybe I should know so that if for no other reason I made you look good?? Oh wait, it's easier to make me look wrong. 0.o

/rant

to those team members who moan and groan and complain about the ETL tonight (and the 2 other nights she has closed the last week) how about doing it to somebody who can do something about it (seriously their complaints are corporate worthy but I refuse to "tattle" using only second hand information)

to said ETL...guess what I have corporate worthy complaints against you again....and I have no problem doing it, again. You are a racist, ignorant, low class human being.

To whoever STOLE one of my klondike bars:

Wtf?

And, no, I don't go for the "oh, maybe they thought it was requisitioned food" BS considering the fact that

1) It was in a TIED UP bag
2) I HAD MY NAME ON THE BAG.
3) It had no requisitioned sticker on it
4) There is no other ice cream in the freezer other than the three things I had in /MY/ bag.

:/

Seriously wtf?

:|

Wtf?

And, no, I don't go for the "oh, maybe they thought it was requisitioned food" BS considering the fact that

4) There is no other ice cream in the freezer other than the three things I had in /MY/ bag.

Seriously wtf?

Thats gotta suck...This why i dont bring stuff to work...

Wtf?

Seriously wtf?

I had a 2 cans of pop sitting in a 12 pack in one of the cabinets. I didn't feel like taking it home, so I protected it by placing a sticker on the first one that said "Not yours" right over where the opening would be. I figured if anyone read that, they'd probably realize someone would be on to them, and they'd be a real dick to take it. I figured just the front can needed it, because they'd see that one first and stop. They didn't.

To that one team member: Thank you for all of your help in Domestics tonight. How you haven't become a team trainer yet is beyond me.

To that one GSTL: For the 1000th time, the pfresh/market team DOES NOT pick up qmos from either the checklanes or guest services. As my CTL has emailed all the GSTL multiple times telling them this, yet you still insist we pick up qmos from either the checklanes or guest services. When you did this yesterday, you have no right to get irritated at me when you arent doing your job.

To the same TL: Since yesterday wasnt the first time i didnt qmos from guest services, i know you are the TL whom tells my CTL i am on the computer too much. I know you did that just to get me in trouble. I know you are that type of person because i see how you treat other people.

Just out of curiosity, who handles the QMOS in your store? At my store, perishables from the checklanes get thrown into a bin at the service desk (except bananas if they're still good). Guest Service TMs do nothing with it, and whoever is closing in market collects it and handles the whole QMOS process.

Apparently that one GSTL doesn't understand the ordering process, etc.

To that one Exec in training. You are not going to be good. You are wayyyyy too focused on "getting" to do coachings and firings that it's actually kind of scary. I was building a bike in the backroom and his his trainer ETL was telling him about Price Challenge. She said the GSTL needs to get it done by a certain time.

"And if they don't get it done by then, we get to coach them, right?"
"... that's a possibility, I guess, but really it's our fault because we didn't lead well enough, we didn't check back in with them, etc. And really, that's a last resort that really shouldn't be used."
"But we do get to coach, cool."
"..."

The funny part was during his two weeks of training how many times he should have been coached, going by his loose jump to coaching morals.

Saying "Someone needs to come to the rugs aisle and pick it up" then standing there, waiting for someone to come, nobody coming because we're busy and also have few functioning walkies. Definitely shouldn't have said "Nobody has come to pick up those rugs yet," because... you could have picked up those rugs.

The exec team pushing reshop is somewhat good, pointing out how they're doing it every five minutes is definitely not good.

Focusing on the minutia that doesn't matter, like what a repack box is called... doesn't matter. It definitely doesn't matter enough to write it down and check with multiple people to see if you had it right. Although at that point when you called out to backroom that you needed more reshop boxes, you probably shouldn't have been surprised when they weren't sure what you were talking about. Maybe could have checked your notes before getting angry and asking them again for more reshop boxes.

Initially thought he was training to replace one of our ETLs, since we had several moving to a new store in the area. Almost pumped my fist in the air when I found out he was actually training for a store two hours away and today was his last day at my store.

oh my goodness!! to all of you who have given up hope that things can change:

to my ETL thank you for thinking outside of the box and cleaning out the closet behind the fitting room to put a "desk" in there for yourself. This should help with some of our problems with people on the work phone for their entire shift for personal calls and on cell phones for their shifts. Plus this means the closet is clean. PLEASE can I come in on Monday morning when you surprise the opening FRO with this?(seriously they did this Friday after she left and tonight so they can surprise her)

to the TL tonight-I like you, I really do, but honey you need to start moving faster when you pick an area to zone. I like you better than the team lead I am aligned with because you are willing to tell us when we are doing something wrong . BUT....you both need help in leadership skills and I hold more hope out for you because you haven't been with Target forever.

Wtf?

Seriously wtf?

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

To the exec team... yes, I do know that we have to make up payroll hours and yes i do understand that scheduling is very difficult with tight hours. But honestly, how can you say you are being fair and consistent when you have previously scheduled tm's with nearly 40 hours and currently schedule them with under 15 hours! Neither fair nor consistent! Can you not think outside the box to figure out creative scheduling?

To the exec team... yes, I do know that we have to make up payroll hours and yes i do understand that scheduling is very difficult with tight hours. But honestly, how can you say you are being fair and consistent when you have previously scheduled tm's with nearly 40 hours and currently schedule them with under 15 hours! Neither fair nor consistent! Can you not think outside the box to figure out creative scheduling?
Because that is Target's plan. They want these people who used to get benefits through Target to now have to rely on Obama Care......

Thank god for the Affordable Care Act, especially after the AWFUL changes to benefits this year!
Because that is Target's plan. They want these people who used to get benefits through Target to now have to rely on Obama Care......

Just out of curiosity, who handles the QMOS in your store? At my store, perishables from the checklanes get thrown into a bin at the service desk (except bananas if they're still good). Guest Service TMs do nothing with it, and whoever is closing in market collects it and handles the whole QMOS process.

Apparently that one GSTL doesn't understand the ordering process, etc.

Thats how it works at my store too. Any QMOS up at Guest service/checklanes is in a bin at guest service and we check it when we do the SDA in the morning and at night when we do our nightly QMOS

Saying "Someone needs to come to the rugs aisle and pick it up" then standing there, waiting for someone to come, nobody coming because we're busy and also have few functioning walkies. Definitely shouldn't have said "Nobody has come to pick up those rugs yet," because... you could have picked up those rugs.

OMG I have an ETL that does this too. Literally something they could do so quick but nope, they have to take the time to tell me about it, have me go and do it and then get back to pfresh. Or having me do something salesfloor can do when im super busy in pfresh.

OMG I have an ETL that does this too. Literally something they could do so quick but nope, they have to take the time to tell me about it, have me go and do it and then get back to pfresh. Or having me do something salesfloor can do when im super busy in pfresh.

A past ETL at my store (recently termed) would always complain about the ladies restroom. "Hey [Insert GSA/GSTL], we're gonna need [Insert Cart Attendant] to pick up the paper towel in the ladies' restroom A.S.A.P...

If I were on carts I'd have to close off the restroom, go in, and then realize that there were possibly 1-2 pieces of paper towel on the ground... took about 5 seconds to pick up and get outa there.

Laziness sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back