To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully a very "diplomatic"..... "I'll see what I can do !" "I'll do my best!" "I'll get right on it!"

NOT.

To ETL/TL's/Consumable TM's

Yes, I know how to rotate milk and I'm more than likely one of the 2 people who actually do it correctly aside from the vendors.
I also know how to process out defectives, so items can then be thrown into the compactor (nobody ever does this for dairy yawn)
Further I know how to set aside items for vendors.
Yes, I take down expired products and am unfortunately probably also one of two people who actually do it regularly.
Mhm, I do make the shelves look fuller by spreading the same item amongst it's two face on the shelve if it only had items in one / and or flexing items in.
And I most definitely fill eggs with the small allotted time available for me to do so. I also remove broken eggs and try to appropriately move sooner days to the front.
Yes, I do also fill milk NOT just market pantry. I fill Oberweise, Dean's, and Prairie Farm's. And if time is good I will attempt to push deep horizon although those typically will come out on pulls. Yes, I also don't only fill the gallons. I also fill the half gallons and the smaller serving sizes.
I most certainly also don't leave empty crates all over the cooler floor like most people. I make room on the pallets to put empty creates on, so the vendor can take as many crates as possible.
But somehow my fellow ETL/TL's end up lecturing me and or many other TM's about the things we should be doing when hm I am one of the two who actually do these things. Which makes me think all my supervisors must really think I'm lumped into the category of people who don't care, so dare I use you as a reference?

To further prove I knew how to do all of this and that nobody else EVER does at my store I made sure to:
Not take down expired products for one week. (no surprise here with how bad everything was)

Set aside expired products in the dairy cooler in a 3-tier to see whether or not people set them aside for the vendor in a crate and or moved some of these items to qmos. (no surprise nobody ever did and I took care of it several days later)

I've also left defectives by the qmos to see if anybody would or knew how to deal with them. Not also a surprise here nobody touched them let alone processed them for qmos. In this situation I left 2 boxes of eggs in the cooler that everybody knew was expired but the TL's and Lod's and early morning crew would endlessly throw them back on the egg pallet since they had no idea what to do with them or didn't want to mess with it. So I processed out the defective eggs and then threw them away; HOWEVER prior to doing this I took it a step further. I wrote -> EXP 1/04/18 on the boxes and also wrote PROCESSED QMOS TO COMPACTOR on them and left them near qmos. NOT also surprisingly these stayed next to qmos for a week and guess who threw them away? ME. This was about 2 days ago by the way. Yes, we kept expired eggs since 1/04/18 until 3/02/18 and they kept ending up on our push pallet. This was my fun experiment to see how competent my peers were unfortunately literally my TL for consumables, and my other consumable TM's, and etl's all failed terribly yet they preach that we need to do all these things. (lead by example pls?)

If there is 1 broken egg in a carton of 18 I remove the cracked egg and put a fresh one in there from another broken carton as long as there isn't goo or a mess within that carton. So, yes I refuse to throw away a product that has 17 good eggs and 1 bad one. Just take 1 good one from another broken carton and it's whole again not a shocker! Consumable tm's you can stop throwing away 17 eggs because of 1 bad one.

I also would not fill non gallon milks (when I wasn't set to dairy/frozen but was dry) to see if anybody who would be filling milk later would do it. Of course they would not! (and it would even be on days where we weren't time sensitive....) But this doesn't surprise me most of regular TM's for dairy/frozen drag slowly and take 15 minute bathroom breaks followed by their actual 15 minute breaks they were entitled to. /le sigh.

I could go on and on literally point being I am sick of TL's, ETL's asking/telling me to do things as if I don't know how to do them or am incompetent like the rest of the team. Especially when they are guilty of the same very things. I am not saying I am perfect but holy butter nuts!

On a side note I actually do like my TL in consumables and ETL's, so I hope I don't come off as if I don't. I think their work ethic is terrible but they are nice people. I just personally believe though they undermine/don't know the things the good people do. We somehow get lumped into the you're an idiot why don't you do things until I tell you to category; however, that's further from the truth. I go out of my way to do these things because I like our vendors and I want good references and I actually do have good work ethic.

Last edited:
To my TL:

So we going to have another crazy week or what?
You never plan, and everything you come up with last minute is a disaster.

I need things planned out in advance you lazy bum.

I don’t appreciate:

Being treated like a child
Told to obey plans that make no sense
Having two day’s worth of work dumped on me everyday
Having to babysit your fragile ego
Seeing you act like a 12 yr old with your tantrums and idiotic behavior

I have anxiety and depression at work because of you.
You are honestly the worst TL in the store.

TTOCashiers: STOP. FUCKING. CALLING. OUT. It is absolutely insane that our entire Market and Hardlines team spent ALL DAY cashiering. We literally were all (6 of us) on the lanes from noon-7pm and then guess what? There’s 12 Uboats, 5 flats, 4 3-tiers, and 10 carts of stray. Your actions affect the entire store, and I’m sure we’ll end up pushing most of that tomorrow, because when I left (8pm), everyone was back on a lane again.

TLDR: STOP CALLING OUT IT AFFECTS EVERYONE

Last edited:
TTOTM: What were you thinking, putting maternity pants and plus size tops on the same rack? That's going to piss off both groups of women. Pregnant women don't want to be considered fat. Plus size women want to think they are somewhat evenly proportioned, not carrying all the fat in the belly. I'm glad I saw that before a guest did.

TTOTM: Well at least you are consistent. I know that when I'm relieving you at shift change, you will be at the fitting room but the rooms will be stuffed full of clothing, and there will be a really big bag of trash hidden under the desk.

To that one DTL:

You are one insane woman. We worked so hard to make sales this month. We managed our payroll carefully. You calling me on a Friday to ask if we can cut 20 hours to help other stores that missed payroll is insane!

I'm not going to screw our team members out of hours because some other idiot can't manage his payroll.

Plus if I make payroll by too much. I am losing those hours next year.

I know you're a Barbie doll and have bonuses to earn. But I have tms literally on food stamps. Their hours have suffered plenty this month , enough is enough
Dude can you be my HR guy.

TTOCashiers: STOP. FUCKING. CALLING. OUT. It is absolutely insane that our entire Market and Hardlines team spent ALL DAY cashiering. We literally were all (6 of us) on the lanes from noon-7pm and then guess what? There’s 12 Uboats, 5 flats, 4 3-tiers, and 10 carts of stray. Your actions affect the entire store, and I’m sure we’ll end up pushing most of that tomorrow, because when I left (8pm), everyone was back on a lane again.

TLDR: STOP CALLING OUT IT AFFECTS EVERYONE

Your store must be lucky to have you in hardlines.

But anyways to my hardline members at my store:

I honestly don't even know what our domestic team members even do in our store. They don't back up the registers unless called by name, don't do pulls unless specifically asked to (majority of the time not even their own we in market end up doing 75% of their pulls) and they rarely help clear the line. Our hardline team members are literally micro'd the entire day. I worked hardlines for a couple months. Zone is stupid easy and if you give it a deep zone it stays good for a couple days, reshop is mindless and easy, flexes also not too much of a chore unless you get bombarded with them and or can't find the item ofc. Likewise our softlines team very few volunteer to back up. Tonight I backed up the registers 3 times and I'm from market. Typically if anybody volunteers it's market or beauty since hardlines, softlines doesn't answer hoping somebody else will. And it doesn't help that for some reason market doesn't get a mid day zone, so on top of pulls the zone is absolutely horrendous and I probably would have had spent 5-45 minutes each time backing up depending on how backed up we are. I'm pretty sure market and beauty shouldn't be expected to be first to volunteer but I do it even though I know I will be severely behind since if it isn't me it's another market or beauty member most of the time anyways. Although it does feel good to say nothing and hear lod's call for hardlines, softlines after I've already been up 1-2 times. -.-

Wow, your store is totally opposite of mine. Market and beauty never back up. Beauty because they have keys to some cases, market...I don't know. It's always SL or HL, and mostly HL unless someone calls to the (larger) SL team, specifically.

Wow, your store is totally opposite of mine. Market and beauty never back up. Beauty because they have keys to some cases, market...I don't know. It's always SL or HL, and mostly HL unless someone calls to the (larger) SL team, specifically.

It has gotten to the point where one of the LOD's specifically calls market since he knows it will be a fast response. And if we've gone up enough he's been so desperate to call up bakery/meat on rare occasions LOL....

Hardlines are always first responders on my team. Most of the time we have he entire Hardlines team on the lanes before anyone else comes up. Then usually 1/2 of the older Softlines ladies will come up, then our PA, and then speciality like produce meat beauty... yesterday we literallt had one of our electronics TM’s on the lanes it was so bad... (we had 2 at the time)

To my TL:

So we going to have another crazy week or what?
You never plan, and everything you come up with last minute is a disaster.

I need things planned out in advance you lazy bum.

I don’t appreciate:

Being treated like a child
Told to obey plans that make no sense
Having two day’s worth of work dumped on me everyday
Having to babysit your fragile ego
Seeing you act like a 12 yr old with your tantrums and idiotic behavior

I have anxiety and depression at work because of you.
You are honestly the worst TL in the store.
You literally just described what it's like for me going to work most days, especially when a certain ETL is there. I go out of my way to avoid them at all costs.

You literally just described what it's like for me going to work most days, especially when a certain ETL is there. I go out of my way to avoid them at all costs.

First of all, that sucks and I wish you didn’t have to deal with that.
I hope there’s some solution or at least, some healthy option you are doing to alleviate the stress and negative feelings you may have.

I too avoid nasty people at work.
To say the least, work is an unhealthy atmosphere that I need to leave entirely.

A buddy of mine works at another Target about 20 miles away from mine (doesn't have a TBR account afaik) said his STL got fired a month ago for sexually harassing a few female TMs

I guess "outlay" and "turnover" doesn't mean what he thought it means...

TTO-ex-TM - I am not sorry to see you go. You were a nice enough guy but you sucked as a cashier. Even when you were put on SCO you were slow as f* and couldn’t remember your tm# to log into store mode to help guests. How you didn’t get let go before your 90 days was up is beyond me. Glad they finally got rid of you.

It's unfair to expect market to backup when they are pushing fresh or frozen
I mean, to be fair, doesn’t market include dry/consumables though..? They never respond at my store, literallt ever.

TTOSTL:

Congrats! You just talked yourself out of an ETL. I've had to put up with a lot since being hired but these last 2 weeks have been the breaking point. I need a job that more business strategy and less listening to people bitch about everything under the sun.

I updated my resume today and will be putting in notice the second I get a job offer.

TTOGSTL: I really like how you hold team members accountable and will back them up when needed. However, I don't know what you expect me to do if you tell me not to hold large bills up to the light in order to check if they are counterfeit or not. I was already warned by another GSTL about a transaction in which I accepted counterfeit $100 bills. I am really shaky on determining if the bill is counterfeit or not by feel, and if we feel that it is counterfeit, wouldn't calling a GSTL/GSA over be almost the same as holding the bill up and checking for the watermark be the same thing? In both cases, wouldn't it be "accusing" the guest of using counterfeit money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back