To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to that one cashier,
Can you please please please just stay on your lane and do your job?! I'm so tired of hunting you down or having to call for the salesfloor to come up and help when you should be doing it! Also, could you please stop repeatedly calling me to your lane for NOTHING. It was crazy busy today and i didn't have time to hold your hand. You've worked there for 2 years and you should know all of the answers to the random questions you asked me today.

to that one cashier,
Can you please please please just stay on your lane and do your job?! I'm so tired of hunting you down or having to call for the salesfloor to come up and help when you should be doing it! Also, could you please stop repeatedly calling me to your lane for NOTHING. It was crazy busy today and i didn't have time to hold your hand. You've worked there for 2 years and you should know all of the answers to the random questions you asked me today.

Cuff them to the register. Ill lend you mines.

TM,

Please understand you're 20 years old with no leadership or management experience what-so-ever. The fact you've been with Spot for 15 months doesn't entitle you to a promotion if you're not qualified for the promotion. Turning on the water works and throwing a tantrum is a true-blue sign that you're most certainly NOT prepared for a leadership position and turning in your notice and stating "if I get promoted I'll stay" just gives incentive for them to not allow you to withdraw that paperwork.

to that one TL (or soon to be)- thank you for coming up to me and telling me that you were excited to hear I was moving into your area. Your confidence that I can turn that area around is awesome and I appreciate that you have gone around the store saying watch our area go green quick and that you can't wait to get me the recognition I deserve in huddles. Your words mean a ton to me as I know they are sincere.

pi?

acronym illiterate, need help.

Perpetual Inventory is what the TPS is suppose to do every day. Count like these items that are known to be stolen throughout the district. PS3's, Dr. Dre beats headphones,razors, cosmetics, jewelry ect ect. The #1 way to tell if a TPS is doing his job is checking if this is being done.

It was my first time doing this and I had trouble in the electronic stockroom because almost 100% of all merchandise was in boxes and I didnt know how things were set up.

To my fellow TM, you didnt have to, but we were busy today and no1 else was trained to do carts, so I volunteered to skip my lunch and take it an hour and 1/2 past the usual time, and he told my GSTL that I skipped my lunch so we could catch up. Then my GSTL offered to requisition lunch for me. Just want to say you didn't have to ask or suggest anything, but im very thankful for both of you as workers for complementing me, I think I learned a lesson about work as well and I'll probably start doing the same

For any other TM's or TL's out there, I believe you should all do teh same as it helps the store keep productive and if u see a TM do something great, let your TL know. Thanks again both of you 2, you made a busy day for me seem less stressful.

To the new TM training on the register tonight: ok, I'm too new to be training, but that isn't stopping them. Problem is, that means I take things for granted. So when you said you had cashiering experience, I sort of assumed that when you ran out of register paper, that you would know how to change it....but instead, you dropped in the roll, with the tape still on it. Really? Common sense? Ok. So I've learned something as well: assume nothing. At least when you managed to crash the register trying to change the paper, it suddenly became no longer my problem! Good luck in electronics....

To that one TM that closed Guest Service tonight/last night (depending on your time zone): You are amazing. I don't understand how you can take so much **** from guests and still be the super-nice person that you are. You deserve so much more than a GTC, yet I don't blame you for not being interested in the GSA opening. Believe me, you made the right choice.

To my fellow TM, you didnt have to, but we were busy today and no1 else was trained to do carts, so I volunteered to skip my lunch and take it an hour and 1/2 past the usual time, and he told my GSTL that I skipped my lunch so we could catch up. Then my GSTL offered to requisition lunch for me.

Hope the CA isn't for California, as skipping a lunch is a BIG no no....

Hope the CA isn't for California, as skipping a lunch is a BIG no no....

That's something you can't hide. They will know you are missing punches. It's easier to get away with skipping breaks, unless you're a cashier and the GSA/GSTL is good about making sure people take them or on a team that takes its breaks together.
Even if you do the punches, if they know you were working while you were clocked out, you can get in trouble for that.

To that new TM who apparently doesn't know what 'self control' or 'sharing' means.. If I bring in two dozen miscellaneous donuts for EVERYONE using my hard earned money, don't assume this means you can hide ten of them in your locker. They're clearly labeled "for everyone:)", you are just ONE TM, two is more than enough!

I started bringing four dozen. (I do this most Sunday's that I have early morning shifts because it makes everyone happy.)

To my favorite TM... Go back on vacation. You weren't missed and you did absolutely frickin NOTHING today! You spent more time about zof the pharmacy than IN it! Of course, nothing will be said to you about it.

To the STL...thank you so much for standing up to that customer tonight who either could not or would not present his ID for the alcohol sale. I thoroughly enjoyed him trying to insist the manager would override it if called and you introducing yourself as the store manager. You were the epitome of calm as you asked him not to use that language, and frankly, I think you put up with that conversation much longer than anyone should have.

We lost the sale (it wasn't big). But your willingness to do that showed all of us that you all will stand behind the "no scanned ID, no alcohol" policy. It will make it easier for all of us in the long run. So thanks!

To the STL...thank you so much for standing up to that customer tonight who either could not or would not present his ID for the alcohol sale. I thoroughly enjoyed him trying to insist the manager would override it if called and you introducing yourself as the store manager. You were the epitome of calm as you asked him not to use that language, and frankly, I think you put up with that conversation much longer than anyone should have.

We lost the sale (it wasn't big). But your willingness to do that showed all of us that you all will stand behind the "no scanned ID, no alcohol" policy. It will make it easier for all of us in the long run. So thanks!

Sounds like you've got one of the good ones. Any GSA or higher can simply override it, but a STL that stands behind such a policy will most likely be a winner.

They claim to be dead serious about never overriding it for alcohol...other things, yes. And so far, they are standing behind that. Because as soon as the STL or ETL ever override it, it will be open season and they will never get it back under control. It makes my job easier when I can tell the customer straight up that they can request I call a supervisor, but it won't help and will waste everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back