To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we use "Store Coupon" for issues like this? Sure. Should we? No, especially if the giftcard is in the safe. That gift card is tied to the original transaction.

Ugh, that frustrates me.

Exactly...but when the people who can get into the safe refuse to do so....ARGH! There was just no reason for that today...especially since not 3 minutes before the first time I called for someone, she was up there to meet our change order. There is NO way that in those three minutes, she was so engaged in something that she couldn't have come back for another minute.

We keep "lost" gift cards (and all other valuables) in the man trap so that the GSAs/GSTLs can retrieve them for the guests. Maybe that would work for your store. If we kept everything of value that was lost at our store in the safe, we'd have to get an extra safe. ;)

We keep "lost" gift cards (and all other valuables) in the man trap so that the GSAs/GSTLs can retrieve them for the guests. Maybe that would work for your store. If we kept everything of value that was lost at our store in the safe, we'd have to get an extra safe. ;)

Is the man trap the drawer between the cash office and guest services? That's where we put the stuff that we find that needs to go into the safe...but apparently this had been a week or two...we don't get a lot of lost items put in the safe, so it isn't a huge deal, normally.

to the ETL OP, i was leaving work yesterday and i saw you with the other zoners zoning HBA with them, thats dope, an ETL who works with the team members is an ETL that i greatly respect, you even helped me pull batches when they were too long for one person to do.

to the ETL HL, i still dislike you, you talk to everyone like were F**king idiots, i know what im doing, i know what has to be done, and greatly i know HOW it has to be done, so please...just because your an ETL dosent meen you know better than me because i obviously dont see you doing anything but terrorizing everyone and putting them down

Ok...I get both of our GSTLs are on vacation...but there has got to be someone in the store available to approve our time off requests! Just ignoring this stuff for a week or two is not helpful. I had one day off auto-denied because no one approved it on time...I would appreciate it if that didn't happen a second time!

Go to your etl hr to fix it. If you did early enough, it should be approved.

The last one, by the time the system auto-denied it on a Wednesday, by the time I discovered it, the schedule had been posted. For this one...well, my ETL-HR is not overly useful. This is the same genius who, not bothering to do my GSA interview last week, came in today asking me if the ETL-GE had done it, and why he hadn't. I told her that he said that he was checking with her and it was on her list of things to do. Believe me, she seems to spend more time trying to get out of doing anything than she actually does anything, most days. I think I can hold out until our SrGSTL gets back for this one. But I'm wondering how many other people have put in requests that are being ignored.

Heck...we have a guest services person scheduled against her availability next week (class), with no one to cover it, and they just told her to put it up on the swap board to see if someone will take it. Now that the holidays are over, some people's brains have seem to have gone into hibernation.

Ask your etl & hr again. Challenge them. If your request was done before the schedule was up, you can print the entry submission as proof. Show it to them. I have done 3 times because of auto deny.

Is the man trap the drawer between the cash office and guest services? That's where we put the stuff that we find that needs to go into the safe...but apparently this had been a week or two...we don't get a lot of lost items put in the safe, so it isn't a huge deal, normally.

Your store may be different (seeing as your cash office is near Guest Service rather than next to the TSC), but at my store, there are two doors that go into 239. The man trap is the room between the two doors.

We put lost items of value into a locked drawer behind Guest Service.

Depending on your store prototype, last remodel, and location, 239/mantrap setup. 239/Guest service share a common wall in my store, but the only drawer we had was from the mantrap->239, as well as a TSC->239 drop and a mantrap->239 drop.

So...if there are two doors that go into the cash office, and the first door is the door to behind GS...that means that GS is the man trap (yeah, I know, not really)..... now I understand why there isn't a single guy that does guest service at our store without a look of pain the entire time he is back there!

No kidding, for the first couple of months I thought the gay CO TM had named that room. I had no idea what was going on in there! Our guy GSTL would announce, "I'm going to the man trap," and come out a couple minutes later with a purse or a wallet or a gift card.

Last edited by a moderator:
And who congratulates themselves over the walkie for that? Of course it would be you, RG.
It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it ;)

it's funny... every time I get a red card, it doesn't get announced over the walkie.

Then you aren't doing it right. ;-)

Really...my store is over walkie happy...we are required to call out all service encounters on the floor, etc. And then we have to thank the person for helping a guest find the light bulbs. And then that person has to respond that they were thanked...and then...and then...there are times when I've been known to just interrupt as soon as they let go of the walkie button to announce phone calls...otherwise there are times there is no getting a word in edge-wise!

And who congratulates themselves over the walkie for that? Of course it would be you, RG.
It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it ;)

it's funny... every time I get a red card, it doesn't get announced over the walkie.

Then you aren't doing it right. ;-)

Really...my store is over walkie happy...we are required to call out all service encounters on the floor, etc. And then we have to thank the person for helping a guest find the light bulbs. And then that person has to respond that they were thanked...and then...and then...there are times when I've been known to just interrupt as soon as they let go of the walkie button to announce phone calls...otherwise there are times there is no getting a word in edge-wise!

If I worked in your store, I'd be thanking my lucky stars every day we don't get a walkie in pharmacy~LOL!

To whomever decided it would be a good idea to hire a Shoe Brand in my store.... why would you do this when the majority of your softlines team is either having to be cross-trained for more hours or dealing with 14 hour weeks? I'm pretty sure I could name about 5 people who wouldn't mind sitting in shoes for 4+ hours a day making it look brand.

To whomever decided it would be a good idea to hire a Shoe Brand in my store.... why would you do this when the majority of your softlines team is either having to be cross-trained for more hours or dealing with 14 hour weeks? I'm pretty sure I could name about 5 people who wouldn't mind sitting in shoes for 4+ hours a day making it look brand.

we had one of those hired about 6 months ago...she can't even finish shoes to brand in 5 hours. She is also detrimental to some of the other softlines team members because she is a wanderer(among other things) and leads other. Of course, the ones she is doing it to are the ones who really need to go anyway.

thank you to my sl tl- for taking the time today to show me stuff that I should have been taught a while ago....now I know where I goobered up so bad on my first day shooting research (btw...who sends a person on the floor to shoot research without any real instructions? that would be our leadership).

to all of the tm's who called out/called in late....it was only an inch of snow!! seriously!! even if you are using public transportation they weren't running that late.

thank you to my sl tl- for taking the time today to show me stuff that I should have been taught a while ago....now I know where I goobered up so bad on my first day shooting research (btw...who sends a person on the floor to shoot research without any real instructions? that would be our leadership).

to all of the tm's who called out/called in late....it was only an inch of snow!! seriously!! even if you are using public transportation they weren't running that late.

On research, you read here... On snow, wimps¡

Oh...my...

Thank you to the schedule gurus who do the schedule...my hours have barely blipped since 4th quarter....averaging at least 25 hours a week (my goal with school), but generally closer to 30. I really do appreciate it.

But I was just looking at the two week schedule...and two days of softlines?! Are you kidding?! I've had exactly three hours in softlines when you all got desperate and called me in early one day and I thought we all agreed it was a dismal failure. So I'm not trained back there, so obviously putting me on the schedule for those days makes perfect sense.

Funny, another team member asked me if I was trained there, and I said no, but they would probably let me pick up a shift on the swap board if I asked nicely....guess I was right! Oy.

Good to know. Right now, being in school and an internship, 32 tends to put me in way over my head. I'm just glad they aren't being slashed like I see some talking about here...but....softlines?!

I will say, I am glad Spot generally doesn't send people home early....I live with a woman whose daughter lives and works in a different state at a national bookseller. She called tonight, and by the conversation, first, I thought someone had died, it was so somber and serious. Then, I thought she had been fired. So, at some point, I left and came back home, and was given the bad news: she had been sent home early.

Umm...so I thought...wait, she was fired? No, just sent home after two hours of a six hour shift. I agreed that was crappy, but welcome to January in the world of retail (which her daughter knows). Business slows down, the hours get cut and cut and cut...and sometimes people get sent home early. But, I was informed, she needs the money. Dude....9 out of 10 people working in retail need the money! I really tried, but I couldn't see the huge tragedy....that necessitated the lady I live with nearly driving the 100 miles to go see her daughter (she's having problems with her eyes, so that's the only thing stopping her).

Last edited:
To HQ, thanks for having price accuracy labels on every. single. item. on one of the POGs I set this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back