To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a problem with people looking at the next day in the pda to see who they work with. I almost never want anyone's shifts, so when people come and they're telling me my days off, I... I just don't like it haha. I don't look in the pda if I'm off. I don't care who's there. I'm just happy that I won't be.

omg... I also don't like when they announce call-outs and lates over the walkie. My dept probably needs to know, but the whole store doesn't.

You ever hate someone so much that everything they do just starts to annoy you, even if it's something completely normal to do? I think I'm feeling that for Target now.

Cashier1: I wish we were busy so time would go by faster.
Cashier2: I'm always busy.
C1: huh?
C2: I find stuff to do so I'm always busy so the time goes by faster. I don't wait for them to find me stuff to do.
C1: *silence*

Cashier 2, this is why I love seeing your name on the schedule when I work. I can count on you to know what has to. Be done and you do it, making my shift generally a whole lot easier. So thank you for everything you do and the good giggle of overhearing that conversation.

what exactly is Cashier 2 doing?

Zoning, collecting re-shop and hangers, One Spot, cleaning - even at the checklanes, there's always something to do when it's not busy.

I've been involved in that conversation with a few other cashiers. I've always been #2.
I don't know why people think that all a cashier should do is check people out. They should rename it "frontend TM" to dispel that idea. There is always, I'll repeat always work to do stocking and zoning the registers and frontend. Some days I feel like a babysitter constantly nagging/reminding cashiers to stay busy between guests. Many times those few minutes are the only times we have to do all our other tasks. Even worse than the regular cashiers are other teams who have a cashier shift. As a GSTL I greatly appreciate the cashier#2's.

GSTL- I dont need you coming up behind me and questioning me "did I ask about the red card?" or " Did you tell them about the service plans." You don't know how annoying that gets, and to that same GSTL, we are not freaking car salesman so if the guest says NO the first time dont go on a pitching spree to convince them to change their mind.

Annoying or not, it's our job. Ask every guest and drive for results. As GSTL I don't have to double check the cashiers I hear doing they're job. Not to be mean but try to understand the pressure is coming from far above the GSTL and it is a core role for All TM's.

to all ..."things can only get better" it's an 80s song by i think by Howard Jones.

just remember this weekend should be well over staffed throughout the store.
If TMs in other areas are not doing anything and you get busy pushing that c&s truck call a LOD and demand to send them over to help push your massive PFresh truck !!

they don't need 13 backroom TMs to pull CAFs, flexable fullfillment or help with guest to their car with TVs. And there should be no need for guest first, there will be enough cashiers scheduled.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that I'm still a newbie to the store and I'm sorry for asking multiple questions and sorry for being careful but I would appreciate if the attitude would be toned down a bit. You never treated me right as a customer either when I needed assistance. You always seemed bothered when anyone interrupts your down time. I don't know if you're tired of your job or something but I would appreciate if you can treat me and the other new team members better. You're very intimidating and my views about the store are changing. With the holidays coming up, being a little more supporting would be nice.

To the opening team: Thanks for ignoring my advice and not dropping any manual CAFs this morning. I loved seeing a 14 hour pull time for the 12s when I punched in. Thanks for ignoring my advice and not placing pallets at the ends of the toys, housewares, and domestics aisles. No s--- you're out of tubs/flats.

It's not like I was a backroom TL for 6 years or anything. I don't know what I'm talking about whatsoever.

To my TL: Thanks for letting me take my first break early on Thursday night so I wouldn't pass out. Not hydrating enough was my own stupid fault, but you were genuinely concerned for my well-being. Thank you.

You were my trainer when I first started and you were so nice and would follow up to see how I was doing. Then you started getting really mean and grumpy every time I saw you. I wondered what I had done, but I noticed you started doing it to all the other team members you trained as well. I don't understand why you would act all sweet then act like you don't care after the first week. So many people have gotten annoyed at you for doing this...

I know we all have those days, but it shouldn't be everyday. You should take the time to say "Hi!" back instead of just ignoring people who greet you. You have acted so rude since after those first few weeks, that I now see who you truly are. You have lost my respect in the last few months because of the way you treat people.

To the GSA, thank you for pulling the other girl out of guest service and putting her on the lanes. Her stupidity and bossiness is not a combination I can put up with in close quarters for long periods of time. Frankly, if you wouldn't have separated us, redeye's degreaser would have been needed....

To that on TM....you are not an ETL, LOD, or AP. Turn off your damn Walkie in the break room.

To my "coworkers":

My Starbucks TL worked her ass off before opening on Thanksgiving Day to prepare ingredients and stock you all up for Black Friday morning. When the two of us showed up at 3 p.m. Black Friday, JACK SHIT was prepared for us as the store got packed. All my TL could say was "See how they take care of us?"

Luckily, the two of you left Starbucks to work at other places, because you all are terrible employees, and annoying and righteous as hell. When one of you came over during your PFresh shift to talk about how great it was working there, and how you all sang Christmas songs and had fun all morning, I could barely look at you.

To that one TM: why are you so grumpy with me. i have been nothing but nice to you and you really make working with you not fun just frustrating. all you have been is snotty and mean you are at least 10 years older than me its time to start acting like an adult. this is not high school if you have a proublem with me come talk to me so we can figure it out LIKE ADULTS!

Look, I am the one running the lanes tonight, you are cashiering. That means I am holding the break out and I am the one sending cashiers on their breaks/lunches. I can do my damn job. I cannot have someone else sending cashiers on their breaks when it isn't time for them to go. I wasn't being sarcastic...you can have the break out and run the lanes. No? Then let me do it and shut up.

To my "coworkers":
Luckily, the two of you left Starbucks to work at other places, because you all are terrible employees, and annoying and righteous as hell. When one of you came over during your PFresh shift to talk about how great it was working there, and how you all sang Christmas songs and had fun all morning, I could barely look at you.
Need degreaser?

To my "coworkers":
Need degreaser?

To spray in that woman's face, maybe. She came over today and told me that a drink I had made her tasted "awful," all with that righteous smirk. She's SUPER religious, so I almost wanted to reply asking if Jesus would want her to say something so rude. I managed to hold my tongue.

To my "coworkers":
Need degreaser?

To spray in that woman's face, maybe. She came over today and told me that a drink I had made her tasted "awful," all with that righteous smirk. She's SUPER religious, so I almost wanted to reply asking if Jesus would want her to say something so rude. I managed to hold my tongue.

You should have told her it tasted that way because you put something 'special' in it for her.

Something along the lines of:
"Y'know, I used to wonder what we'd do without you & now I know: we got better."
Best delivered with a cheesy smile.

Last edited:
Something along the lines of:
"Y'know, I used to wonder what we'd do without you & now I know: we got better."
Best delivered with a cheesy smile.

When she worked at SB, her attitude was that she was single-handedlly holding the place together. All of the TMs newer than her lived in fear of her because she would berate us constantly for things she said we did wrong. And she just made comments behind the backs of the TMs older than her.

To that one TM: I really hate working with you, and apparently, so does everyone else who's forced to work under you, judging from the comments other TMs have made to me when I'm frustrated with you. And I notice that whenever you're in C block, we have to 'blitz' half of it for a solid half hour, and usually when someone else is working it, we do it as well, but whenever I work C block, you pretend it doesn't exist, or you pull me out halfway through and send me somewhere else, then you complain at the end of my shift about how bad it looks.

To that team member who I asked to pull the last Caf of the day while I did space management in receiving, you've completely proven how unreliable you are. You had 1 hour to pull a 39 minute Caf with 24 batches. Over half an hour later and you still had 17 batches in the pda. The TL and ETL's face didn't look to happy when they heard those details.

Seriously dude,
bazqF.gif

Congrats, you did it again. By the time I had clocked in, secured equipment, and entered the backroom it was 1:40pm with 20 batches left. You and the *relatively* new guy couldn't pull an hour and twenty minute caf. The new guy, can't blame to much. As for you, the brunt of the blame comes down on you for a) Not calling the LOD for help and b) slacking off. Don't deny it. New guy is a slow learner, you're just... slow. TL was not a happy camper, especially when he walked down the 100s and saw pull all down the hall because you two were inept enough to not grab some repacks beforehand.

Excluding all the minute details, we missed the caf by a minute or so. To which our TL properly responded with a "FUCK!" that echoed done the backroom and later disclosed to me he was writing you up. Slack of on me once, shame on me. Slack off on TL and you're sol & gwf. I hope it registers this time
you_dense_motherf___er_by_princesslexy-d66gfwp.jpg

To that one LOD and closing TL: Thank you so, soooo much for not bothering to push any seasonal last night. I really appreciated constantly being called for Christmas lights that I knew were already sitting on the line for hours. I'm sure glad you decided that the paper and diaper pulls were far more urgent. I bet the girl working a 14 hour shift was really pleased that you gave all the seasonal pulls to her to work through. /sarcasm

Umm...there's a huge difference between being bossy and running the lanes. I was quite serious when I told the other GSA that he was welcome to take the break out and run with it. I certainly felt no compulsion to do it. But if you have a second person sending people on breaks and lunches outside of the times that have already been set, you end up short cashiers and doing extra work you shouldn't have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back