To that one Team Member - II

We have one ™ who is our bullseye ™. Sometimes she comes in an hour before store open, but most of the time she’s cashier. You can always tell when she’s in because BE looks fantastic. Idk how she does it, she just has the magic touch.
I’m the Bullseye expert at my store. I’d love to come in even 30 minutes early a couple of times a week to do recovery. It’s always a mess after I’m off two days in a row.

To that one team member: Thanks for NCNS yesterday, forcing the GSTL to ask me to extend at the very last minute, just before I was about to clock out. I don't know if you called out the day before, or if you NCNS two days in a row, but if you do it three days in a row, you will be terminated. I like your attitude and positivity, but that doesn't excuse NCNS.

To that one team member: Thanks for NCNS yesterday, forcing the GSTL to ask me to extend at the very last minute, just before I was about to clock out. I don't know if you called out the day before, or if you NCNS two days in a row, but if you do it three days in a row, you will be terminated. I like your attitude and positivity, but that doesn't excuse NCNS.
Just keep in mind that accidents happen. People end up in hospitals. I once had a coworker who had to go to court for a traffic ticket before her shift and was sentenced to jail, immediate custody.

TTOGSTM/SDTM: Hint-- you can fucking close your Salvage cart multiple times a day, you twit. I don't want to come in and take over GS/SD to Salvage all over the bins and on the floor because you didn't bother to box up your Salvage.
Also, FIND SOME BOXES!
Only time I ever got into a fight with a team member. I came in for a closing shift and there was salvage everywhere. It was just chilling in the back corner on the ground. And there was a broken down box 5 feet away!!! I kindly let her know she should try to make sure we always have a box to put salvage in and she went off about how “she had been at guest service longer than me and knows more than me, so I shouldn’t speak.” Then I cleaned guest service while she just stood there talking to the HBA TM.

She got moved back to cashier from guest service and then stopped showing up because she was mad and I’m now a GSA, so maybe she should have listened to my advice?

Last edited:

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
Only time I ever got into a fight with a team member. I came in for a closing shift and there was salvage everywhere. It was just chilling in the back corner on the ground. And there was a broken down box 5 feet away!!! I kindly let her know she should try to make sure we always have a box to put salvage in and she went off about how “she had been at guest service longer than me and knows more than me, so I shouldn’t speak.” Then I cleaned guest service while she just stood there talking to the HBA TM.

She got moved back to cashier from guest service and then stopped showing up because she was mad and I’m now a GSA, so maybe she should have listened to my advice?
:: laughs in Service Desk::

Good!! I can't stand "I've been here x-years so I'm better than you" attitudes. And the Service Desk TMs should not be lazy and if they start getting that way, back to the lanes with you and five points from Gryffindor!

Ttotl: look grandma get your eyes adjusted running requires movement faster than your ability to talk to me. Fyi walking with a purpose isnt the same as running. Also I am doing my job so DTOP adking what I am doing. Your a jerk and I hope you quit or get fired before Q4 because you are not needed

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Just keep in mind that accidents happen. People end up in hospitals. I once had a coworker who had to go to court for a traffic ticket before her shift and was sentenced to jail, immediate custody.
Or maybe they just suck.

REDcardJJ

crosstrained AF
today I returned something that should have been exchanged (per the receipt) because I didn't feel like dealing with an exchange because our service desk had a line out the door, like 70 eaches of OPU that I needed to pick, and two drive ups on the way

it was not a video game

sue me

today I returned something that should have been exchanged (per the receipt) because I didn't feel like dealing with an exchange because our service desk had a line out the door, like 70 eaches of OPU that I needed to pick, and two drive ups on the way

it was not a video game

sue me
Hope it wasn't an air mattress. I certainly would not want to be the next person to sleep on it. For all you know someone lost their virginity on it.

This isn’t directed to one team member in particular, but I’m sick of team members who are very lazy when it comes to helping guests. I’m talking about the ones with the “whatever is on the shelf is all we have” mentality. I’ve been encountering too many lately, and even had to step in a few times. Use a tiny bit of effort to check on the Zebra and see if we have any in the backroom. It takes less than a minute.

Omg yes! It irks me to to end when they do that. Oh and when they actually do bother with the zebra they say no when its jot located in the back but says we have like 10 on hand. Dur its in the steel or still in push idiot. I went through 4 boxes of push to find leggings for a gal and she was ecstatic to get them for her grandaughter. Stop being lazy and do your damn job people

TTOETL- stop targeting me. Stop focusing all your attention on nit picking every mistake I make. You always watch me on the cameras. When I stop even for minute to say hi to a fellow coworker I get yelled at by you. I know how to do my job and do my job well. Yes, I may talk to people for longer periods but I am always working and actively doing something while I talk. Always say hi to every guest that passes by. I have been at my store for over 2 years and yet you are the only leader in the building that has an issue with me. Fuck off. I got pulled into an office and had my team lead talk to me about your “concerns”. This was the first time I have ever gotten talked to about my performance. Even my team lead told me that they were shocked when they read the email that you sent them complaining about me. I need a couple drinks after this weekend.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Omg yes! It irks me to to end when they do that. Oh and when they actually do bother with the zebra they say no when its jot located in the back but says we have like 10 on hand. Dur its in the steel or still in push idiot. I went through 4 boxes of push to find leggings for a gal and she was ecstatic to get them for her grandaughter. Stop being lazy and do your damn job people
Finding an unlocated item buried in push is really really really super duper hit or miss. Depending on how bad your store is the probability of finding it is 5% if you're lucky. The only time I've successfully found something like that after an earnest effort was in a cart of repack push in sporting goods. A guest was looking for a specific DPCI of Camelbak water bottle and I dug through 3 carts of push that were already out on the floor to find it. I only spotted it because it happened to have the DPCI printed on the box and it was broken out into a cart. Had it still been in a repack, not broken out, on a pallet somewhere in the backroom, forget about it.

Finding an unlocated item buried in push is really really really super duper hit or miss. Depending on how bad your store is the probability of finding it is 5% if you're lucky. The only time I've successfully found something like that after an earnest effort was in a cart of repack push in sporting goods. A guest was looking for a specific DPCI of Camelbak water bottle and I dug through 3 carts of push that were already out on the floor to find it. I only spotted it because it happened to have the DPCI printed on the box and it was broken out into a cart. Had it still been in a repack, not broken out, on a pallet somewhere in the backroom, forget about it.
In apparel its not that extreme the repacks are in departments more or less its mucj easier to paw through and find things. For my store its pure laziness not to go back and look. I have done this just fine since this joke of a new system. Yeah its time consuming but thats the point of helping a guest get a requested item. Corporate can fight me on the waste of payroll doing it

In apparel its not that extreme the repacks are in departments more or less its mucj easier to paw through and find things. For my store its pure laziness not to go back and look. I have done this just fine since this joke of a new system. Yeah its time consuming but thats the point of helping a guest get a requested item. Corporate can fight me on the waste of payroll doing it
Not that extreme? 😂 Between all the brands there's probably 15-20 different styles of jeans that look exactly the same, 10-12 different sizes per type, a few that are guest returns and the tape was taken off the leg so they were mistaken as a hung item and are on a hanger in the back rather than with the folded jeans due to size on the floor limits, another handful that are supposed to be on hangers but are folded in the back, someone or multiple someones who tried to be helpful by keeping like colors and sizes of all types of jeans in one box, and someone who was packing each section together and didn't notice that one pair of jeans was kids and not RTW.

So you can easily find a pair of girls' black jeggings that are supposed to be hung in a box that's full of men's tees with a few black men's jeans at the bottom, in a box that's all the way at the back of the aisle with multiple boxes and carts in front of it? Not buying it.

And even if you luck out and find the box relatively quickly, which of your assigned tasks for the day aren't getting done because of all the time you spent on that pair of jeans? Do you not care about getting in trouble because you didn't finish all your assigned tasks?

To be fair about the push thing, there have been several instances where it said we had something on hand, and I went to the push line to check. I think I’ve only had success once, lol. It’s like finding a needle in a hay stack. And I don’t think it’s worth it for the guest to wait that long for me to find it, especially since they have metered parking at my store :confused:

To whoever determines which Target brands clothing stay and which Target brands clothing goes: You come down to my store and explain to all the guests that ask daily for the Mossimo leggings why they can no longer get their leggings and why their only choice is the pitiful offerings that Wild Fable has. Real boneheaded move, Target.

Fix It

PMT - Spot’s best kept secret.
TTOTM: everyone wants you to promote but you’re gonna get fired if you keep doing negligent brainless shit. Get your act together.

TTOTM: please stop bringing every box that doesn't belong to you back to the line
I get beauty has there own push but the chem. Area is right next to beauty
And walking the boxes back to receiving and asking us were you should put it while we're trying to unload a 2400 peice truck with only 3 flow TMS. And no U-boats

starmaster1000

TTO New Seasonal Cashier: Idk who tf trained you, but here's a list of shit you can do your own goddamn self instead of sending FIVE guests to GS to fix your laziness.
  • Apply manufacturer's coupons – you scan the coupon after the item and if it's not obvious fake or nefarious use, you accept it and put it in the drawer
  • $5 coupon from CVS for flu shot – the coupon clearly says "one per guest" and you needn't try to use three of these on one single transaction because it won't work. We can't fix that up here at GS either. Read the coupon!
  • $5 off coupons (again) can't be used unless the transaction is at least $5.00 – the POS at GS can't give the guest money back on a coupon for a transaction less than the value of the coupon either!
  • Guest price challenges – if you haven't finalized the transaction, you can K1 and apply a different price or percentage discount. Use your lane light blinker and call the GSA if you're that unsure!
  • Price match – see above
  • Gift receipts post-transaction – scan the receipt barcode, enter the VCD, and print the gift receipt... same thing GS is going to do when you send your guest up there
Swear that the normal 15-minute trainings we hand out aren't really effective, I'm starting to realize.

TTO New Seasonal Cashier: Idk who tf trained you, but here's a list of shit you can do your own goddamn self instead of sending FIVE guests to GS to fix your laziness.
  • Apply manufacturer's coupons – you scan the coupon after the item and if it's not obvious fake or nefarious use, you accept it and put it in the drawer
  • $5 coupon from CVS for flu shot – the coupon clearly says "one per guest" and you needn't try to use three of these on one single transaction because it won't work. We can't fix that up here at GS either. Read the coupon!
  • $5 off coupons (again) can't be used unless the transaction is at least $5.00 – the POS at GS can't give the guest money back on a coupon for a transaction less than the value of the coupon either!
  • Guest price challenges – if you haven't finalized the transaction, you can K1 and apply a different price or percentage discount. Use your lane light blinker and call the GSA if you're that unsure!
  • Gift receipts post-transaction – scan the receipt barcode, enter the VCD, and print the gift receipt... same thing GS is going to do when you send your guest up there
Swear that the normal 15-minute trainings we hand out aren't really effective, I'm starting to realize.
This! Big pet peeve is the gift receipt. I will get on the walkie with my GSTL and let them know. My workload would be a bit lighter if the front end was better trained. Another one, red Card issues. Stop sending them to GS to find out what is wrong with their card. All we are going to do is tell them to call the number on the back of their card.

PassinTime

Your Checkout Hostess
This! Big pet peeve is the gift receipt. I will get on the walkie with my GSTL and let them know. My workload would be a bit lighter if the front end was better trained. Another one, red Card issues. Stop sending them to GS to find out what is wrong with their card. All we are going to do is tell them to call the number on the back of their card.
My store the GE has been documenting this kind of stuff so she can have your GSTL have a "chat" with you.

My store the GE has been documenting this kind of stuff so she can have your GSTL have a "chat" with you.
All of these issues, plus the guest did not receive their promo GC, just make the lines bigger. These issues should be handled at the checklanes. By the time guests get to me they are not happy being sent somewhere else.

My cashier trainer basically just told me if anything unusual comes up to just hit the blinker and hope the GSA sees it. I'm not hired for cashier though. I'm just up there for 10-15 minutes each shift to help out. I do know that only a select few cashiers are allowed to price match at my store and only if guest services is really busy. They want that all going through guest services.

starmaster1000

only a select few cashiers are allowed to price match at my store and only if guest services is really busy. They want that all going through guest services.
Are you at a high risk store or something?
It's so inefficient to handcuff your cashiers like this. Everyone should be well trained. Silly stuff!

Are you at a high risk store or something?
It's so inefficient to handcuff your cashiers like this. Everyone should be well trained. Silly stuff!
No, we aren't high risk at all. I'd guess the reason for the price match policy is that our cashiers' lines are normally longer than guest services' lines and we don't have a lot of people wanting to price match anyway. That or TMs were stupid in the past about it and accepting things they shouldn't. As for general lack of training and hitting the blinker. Well, things like how to do tax exempt or take a check didn't happen during my training period and haven't happened when I'm covering a register, so that's just something I'll have to be taught how to do if and when it comes up. That makes sense in a way because if I'm just told how to do it, I'm not likely to remember the first time a guest wants it a couple of months later.

starmaster1000

I'd guess the reason for the price match policy is that our cashiers' lines are normally longer than guest services' lines and we don't have a lot of people wanting to price match anyway
That kind of negates itself... price match is just as easy as adjusting a price via K1, except you K6 to select the competitor to whom we're matching, which takes an extra 5 seconds, and price matching is only done with one item of the same kind per policy, so I can't imagine it holding up the line.
In my view, it just inconveniences the guest to have to make an extra stop somewhere for something that could've taken 10 seconds at the lanes (including SCO... I don't have enough cells in my body to count the number of times the SCO cashiers just refer the guest to the Service Desk for anything more complicated than voiding an item – not like the SCO registers have the same functionality as the lane registers or anything :rolleyes:).

Dog

Guest Service
We do most price matches at the service desk at my store because most of the time, the cashiers up front don’t have a zebra so they can use the price match app. Of course there’s other ways to do it such as the Walmart or amazon apps on your own phone, but I try not to trust the guest’s phone and will verify it myself. Of course they could just call the GSA over but our GSAs are rarely at the front

starmaster1000

the cashiers up front don’t have a zebra so they can use the price match app
Our price matching rules at my store are, if the guest brings in the ad or they can pull it up on the phone, and it's from the app itself or the website, go for it. I will ask them to scroll down to "let me see the description of the item" but I'm also really checking to see if it's from the website or just a screenshot.
other ways to do it such as the Walmart or amazon apps on your own phone, but I try not to trust the guest’s phone and will verify it myself
I rarely pull out my phone to help the guest, but will on occasion if they're nice or if they want to see how the Target app works (especially since I'm in a Target Red (not REDcard) test market and need to show them how to use the 1% earned), but for price match... nope, show me on your phone, buddy.
GSAs are rarely at the front
TTOGSA/TTOGSTL: Stick to your assigned area, please! Your work center is the front end/guest experience, so stick to it.
TTO ETL-GE: Schedule more people to do the remedial job you have the GSA/GSTL doing, including pulls and Drive Up, because that detracts from the guest experience when the lane is waiting (not even exaggerating here) eight solid minutes with a lane blinker and a pissed off guest because no one's covering their lunch and the LOD is busy in receiving.

I don’t get the whole “if it’s over a certain amount it has to be done at the GS registers” because it will still require a supervisor override and I will have to call the GSTL and wait for them to come over and override it so the guest still has to wait. Better off for the electronics TM to verify the price match on their own zebra then call the GSTL for the override.