To that one Team Member - II

To my fellow Sotflines Team Member, even though you've been with target not even 5 months longer than myself, you are not my boss and you're not a more qualified or well-informed team member than me just because of that, or our 1 year and 4 month age difference. I'd appreciate if you'd quit with the degrading comments and the personal jabs about my living situation vs yours or really any comparisons of our lives outside of work and do your job for once, instead of constantly asking to work together to finish YOUR tasks, because you're clearly incapable of doing so by yourself. Please stop going on about you being a better employee than our Style Lead and our Visual Merchandiser, you are not qualified and quite frankly don't have the work ethic to manage either position. Your workplace gossip and rumors are not appreciate and completely incessant, especially fueling the idea that our softlines team is going to be at risk for termination for "under-performing" and your advise to myself and other style team members is to "immediately start looking for new jobs" as if we are in danger while you are not. You're constantly demeaning your other team members and are a generally unfavorable person to work alongside, please take your comments, drama, and attitude and make your second job your only job, and have a safe drive home, that is if you had a car, or your license.

Perhaps this was more heated than this thread was intended to be, but I felt the need to get that off my chest since I've just discovered this forum :|

To my fellow Sotflines Team Member, ............
Perhaps this was more heated than this thread was intended to be, but I felt the need to get that off my chest since I've just discovered this forum :|

Isn't The Break Room GREAT for getting all your frustrations out????? That being said...... I think your post was not too heated; it had a nice blend of annoyance and exhaustion. I sensed a hint of snark (personal fav).... and an undertone of eye-rolling, paired with a heavy sigh. ;) Many of us have been in your situation, or freakishly close to it !!! So...... well done on your post !!! Keep 'em coming !

And.... welcome to TBR. :)

TTOETL: no I dont hate working in my store I freaking hate your lazy stuck up attidue that takes credit for everything other tms do. Fun fact our market mole talks to our hrbp and they know who does what and they are well aware you do nothing but bully and cuss out tms behind the scenes. Spots watching you so you might want to polish up that resume heifer

TTObootyblastedTM: Iol at getting mad because we're not pushing bullseye shop to POG, you've worked here long enough to know that we always push it to price point and it ends up looking like the aftermath of the OKC bombing no matter what. I super didn't appreciate your snottiness for following the ETLs instructions, and I super don't care if you spent 9000 hours deep zoning it a week ago. Nobody told you to do that, you just took it upon yourself to waste time. You snaggletoothed biznatch.

Hey now. I don't know about your store, but my store's entire front end is catching serious heat from STL/ETLs about Bullseye. When cashiers are pushing stock, we ARE pushing to POG, which is what they want. But when Flow does it, they're pushing to price point, and the front end is having to fix it over and over. I personally have spent an insane amount of time in the last month deep zoning and re-pushing Bullseye to POG, rather than on my core duties, and I know I'm not the only one that's been reassigned in that way. At ETL-GE's specific direction, not because I took it upon myself to waste time.

And of course it all just reset to Halloween, so it really does feel like all of that effort has been wasted.

Hey now. I don't know about your store, but my store's entire front end is catching serious heat from STL/ETLs about Bullseye. When cashiers are pushing stock, we ARE pushing to POG, which is what they want. But when Flow does it, they're pushing to price point, and the front end is having to fix it over and over. I personally have spent an insane amount of time in the last month deep zoning and re-pushing Bullseye to POG, rather than on my core duties, and I know I'm not the only one that's been reassigned in that way. At ETL-GE's specific direction, not because I took it upon myself to waste time.

And of course it all just reset to Halloween, so it really does feel like all of that effort has been wasted.

ASANTS tho. Many TBR posters have given me the impression that Bullseye is a big deal at their stores, and in a way that makes sense bc it's the first thing the guest sees when they walk in. However that has literally never been the case at my store. Flow is responsible for pushing bullseye and the front end people are expected to stay on the lanes with guests, and never once have I or anyone else been told to zone Bullseye specifically - the direction from leadership has always been "price point that shit". It has always always always looked like hell. But every once and awhile we get that one busybody TM who decides to make that area their baby and when they complain about flow messing it up, leadership just says "oh well, such is life". Lol

I'm guessing our leadership doesn't care what Bullseye looks like because it sells no matter what the zone looks like. Every time I've pushed it I've done so in the middle of a throng of guests grabbing stuff left and right. Just today I opened a big ass box of ceramic pumpkins and a guest says "Those are 5 bucks right?? I'll take them all!!!!!!"

I'm guessing our leadership doesn't care what Bullseye looks like because it sells no matter what the zone looks like. Every time I've pushed it I've done so in the middle of a throng of guests grabbing stuff left and right. Just today I opened a big ass box of ceramic pumpkins and a guest says "Those are 5 bucks right?? I'll take them all!!!!!!"

i'm really curious what the margins are on Bullseye's Playground. all of it comes from China so it's cheap to produce.

TTOETL: stop telling team members/guests that we accept WIC! We don’t! Just because your old store did doesn’t mean we do! I’ve told you THREE TIMES now that you are incorrect, I’ve shown you the list of stores that accept WIC on the DHS website, I’ve called you up to the lanes when WIC guests are here to show you that it CAN NOT BE DONE. PLEASE stop misinforming our guests!

to all ETLs and salesfloor TLs:

PLEASE. STOP. ASKING. ME. TO. ZONE. I HATE ZONING. I HATE HARDLINES. THAT'S WHY I LEFT. DO NOT FUCKING PULL ME FROM DOING OPU TO ZONE TOYS OR DO GO BACKS. I'M THE CLOSING BACKROOM TM FOR GODS SAKE. STOP. I HAVE SO MANY OTHER THINGS TO DO, NOT YOUR FUCKING GO BACKS ANYMORE.

also stop guilttripping me for leaving hardlines bc you're all terrible goddamn managers. i worked too goddamn hard for too goddamn little. no recognition, no raise, no time off. fuck off. I'm so much happier picking than I am zoning.

I run out of 20s frequently when I open. People buy just one or two smallish items and pay with a hundred. Doesn't take many of those to wipe a drawer out of both 20s and 10s. GS seems to be more highly funded than a check lane, but still happens.
Yup, I commented to my GS trainer about how it's awesome there's so much moolah up here at GS where I've never run out of change (I use all six registers throughout my shift evenly anyway), and they said yeah these registers get like $250 or so to open whereas the lanes only open with like $110 or so.

TTOTM: Seriously, stay in your lane and focus on the guests in your line. If TPS is asking the GSTL to go to channel 4 because of shady guests up front, you don't also go to 4 and blast their conversation all over guest services.
see this is when you grab the walkie and sneak back into the opu closet (any closet really) and snoop back there smh

TTOGSA: I understand that you are cross-trained in Starbucks and have been for a few years now, but that does not mean you get to micro-manage my team. You are responsible for the front lanes, guest service, drive up, and photo lab, that's it. I do not want to call the store after one of my girls called me in tears because you essentially harassed her in to taking her 15 after she was only clocked in for an hour. But know that HR is going to here about this from both me (tomorrow) and the girl you kept telling to go to break just because it was convenient for you. 🤬

Last edited:
TTOTL......... please, oh please, stop saying things like, " That's exactly what I was thinking" or "I was just about to do that exact thing" or "That was my plan for tomorrow" or "We have so many of the same ideas". Um.... what????? Do you seriously think I'm falling for your shit?????? Do you seriously think ANYONE is falling for your shit????? NO !!! NO !!! NO !!! That was NOT what you were "thinking", or "doing" or "planning", because you are completely clueless! WE.DO.NOT.HAVE.THE.SAME.IDEAS.EVER. (unless they involve you getting hit by a bus, then, yes, we have that in common.) :mad:

Back