To that one Team Member - II

To THOSE TMs at the front lanes: The correct call (over the walkie) is for "Style" assistance and I'll even accept '"Softlines" from you old timers. But "operator" and "fitting room" are not acceptable calls.

To THOSE TMs at the front lanes: The correct call (over the walkie) is for "Style" assistance and I'll even accept '"Softlines" from you old timers. But "operator" and "fitting room" are not acceptable calls.
Nitpicking much? Does it matter if they say "operator" or "fitting room"? There's still a person keeping the fitting room presentable, there's still a person answering the phones, and neither term is anything offensive. What does it matter if they use those terms, as it's still referring to the same work role.

Nitpicking much? Does it matter if they say "operator" or "fitting room"? There's still a person keeping the fitting room presentable, there's still a person answering the phones, and neither term is anything offensive. What does it matter if they use those terms, as it's still referring to the same work role.

Except that there isn't one operator, there isn't one fitting room attendant, and the new team members have no clue what they want when they call for those. They are in the middle of girls' or NIT pushing a zrack or a metro and they hear "operator" or "fitting room" and they think "that's not me" because they neither have the phone nor are they at the fitting room. Or they're in the back room backstocking or out on the floor fixing the zone.... etc. The frontlanes (or rather ours) generally is after A&A help when they use those terms but there are days when our operator is a hardlines TM who has a my device and agreed to take the calls. I'm not nitpicking the way you think I am. When people are doing five or six things, calling for what you actually NEED rather than some obscure term that really doesn't convey what you need saves everyone time and frustration and you'd be surprised how many more answers you'd actually get rather than "crickets".

It's the same frustration I feel when anyone gets on the walkie and goes "Team, can someone check an item on the floor?" (and only that) No one answers because they don't know who the call was directed at. So much easier to say "is there anyone in Market who can check an item.... anyone in electronics.... near pharmacy... in softlines/style...etc". Same frustration my LOD's feel when an operator goes "LOD you have a call on 2280" and the LOD goes "guest or TM?" or just "about?". So much easier to say "LOD, you have steritech on 2280... or team member Suzy Q... or CNS.... or a guest complaint" or whatever.

We're all VERY busy these days. A little courtesy goes a looooong way.

Also... it was sort of a bad day and I see this as a place to vent without judgement because it doesn't really require a reply.... sorry if I offended you.

TTOETL nah, I'm not killing myself over certain dangerous steel locations anymore. When TMs are now being hired at more than I make after five years.. you can get it yourself. You could even just make it safer back here for us to be able to do it ourselves. Or tell Minnesota that this is part of the reason br teams used to be above base.

Last edited:
Except that there isn't one operator, there isn't one fitting room attendant, and the new team members have no clue what they want when they call for those. They are in the middle of girls' or NIT pushing a zrack or a metro and they hear "operator" or "fitting room" and they think "that's not me" because they neither have the phone nor are they at the fitting room. Or they're in the back room backstocking or out on the floor fixing the zone.... etc. The frontlanes (or rather ours) generally is after A&A help when they use those terms but there are days when our operator is a hardlines TM who has a my device and agreed to take the calls. I'm not nitpicking the way you think I am. When people are doing five or six things, calling for what you actually NEED rather than some obscure term that really doesn't convey what you need saves everyone time and frustration and you'd be surprised how many more answers you'd actually get rather than "crickets".

It's the same frustration I feel when anyone gets on the walkie and goes "Team, can someone check an item on the floor?" (and only that) No one answers because they don't know who the call was directed at. So much easier to say "is there anyone in Market who can check an item.... anyone in electronics.... near pharmacy... in softlines/style...etc". Same frustration my LOD's feel when an operator goes "LOD you have a call on 2280" and the LOD goes "guest or TM?" or just "about?". So much easier to say "LOD, you have steritech on 2280... or team member Suzy Q... or CNS.... or a guest complaint" or whatever.

We're all VERY busy these days. A little courtesy goes a looooong way.

Also... it was sort of a bad day and I see this as a place to vent without judgement because it doesn't really require a reply.... sorry if I offended you.
Whoever has the phone at that moment is "operator". Whoever has the fitting room responsibility at that moment is "fitting room". New folks that don't answer to those three because they feel it doesn't apply are either not being trained right or are willfully ignoring the calls and "style" will be ignored as well.

Yes, this is a place to vent. But people here will call out too much finickiness, they've done it to others, they've done it to me. And getting upset over the exact word used to request the same type of help is finicky. If the front needs someone paged or if there may have been a mix up as to where a guest's item is being held at, how is using "style" better than "fitting room" or "operator"?

^ Not for nothing, but my store's softlines TMs have this same attitude with the same disrespectful type of behavior. It has gotten to the point where GSTL just straight up calls the people out now and if they do not respond they will go into softlines and grab them directly. It is getting quite ridiculous.

TTOTM, what made you decide to leave a heap of assorted dry beans/lentils on the aisle for us to sort ? I should have taken a picture !! All he/she has to do is just see the label and place them on proper place either to left or right of that awful heap!!

yooooooo alright so like what the actual F are those things? They do not absorb anything and do not feel like paper...
Inversely, the Bounty paper towels are horrible at the registers. They leave lint all over the place. To clean my belt and scanner glass, among the rest of the register surfaces, I need the brown sandpaper looking towels.
For spills they suck. I do agree on that.

TTO STL: Thanks for actually being a leader and hopping on a lane to do backup when a small rush happened at noon out of nowhere and asked the GSA what lane he wanted you on instead of taking them off their role. Your bagging speed could use some improvement lol but damn, some of your A&ATLs and HLTLs can't hold water as cashiers.
I can see why you moved up the ranks.

Inversely, the Bounty paper towels are horrible at the registers. They leave lint all over the place. To clean my belt and scanner glass, among the rest of the register surfaces, I need the brown sandpaper looking towels.
For spills they suck. I do agree on that.
Nothing is worse than those wicker baskets that leave strings everywhere

Dear “friend” in softlines,
I can’t tell if you absolutely despise me or if you think I’m cool. Every interaction we have is completely different than the last. One day you give me RUDE attitude, and the next you’re polite and nice! I don’t understand you!! Why are you this way???!

TTO STL: Thanks for actually being a leader and hopping on a lane to do backup when a small rush happened at noon out of nowhere and asked the GSA what lane he wanted you on instead of taking them off their role. Your bagging speed could use some improvement lol but damn, some of your A&ATLs and HLTLs can't hold water as cashiers.
I can see why you moved up the ranks.
The STL at my old store would hop on the lanes every so often. I remember him asking me (at the time just a seasonal cashier) to go get carts with him during a torrential downpour. That man didn't mind getting dirty when he needed to. I don't know his background, but I'm willing to bet he rose up through the ranks. My current STL, while a great leader who sets high expectations and runs a tight ship, will not be seen pulling CAFS or running register. It's one of my biggest gripes about him, knowing that he started as an Executive Intern.

To That One Starbucks TM: I don't know who keeps clogging the toilets in the back, but since you ask me almost every time you see me...could it be you? Also, use the front bathrooms, Starbucks is closer to those than in the back by electronics.

To that one team member who has been at Target like for 4 months and thinks you deserve every Saturday and Sunday off. Well you don't deserve it! People have been here for years and don't get that. Your lazy. All you do is talk. And you do the same easy row every day. It takes you 90 min when it should take 30.

Me, over the walkie: can anyone look for a vacuum on the floor for me?
Hardlines TM: well I can't look at it if you don't give me the number. switch to 3
me: oh okay switches to 3 I'm on 3. Are you ready?
TM: yes
Me: gives DPCI #
TM: What do you want me to do with that?
Me: Oh that's the DPCI
TM: Well you're going to have to read it to me again since I didn't know what you were telling me

Obviously a miscommunication or something, I know it happens but it made the whole thing take way longer than it needed to. Although I'm sure I've misunderstood something over the walkie before...

I don’t know to whom I would address this .. as now a days I am seeing sales floor Tms , backroom TMs, TLs, ETLs and who not pushing and back stocking things everywhere. You all have made my aisles look like a dollar store aisle . Many items are over (OVER) pushed, misplaced( over pushed there too),and with my 4 hour shift which includes one hour for huddle push I’m suffering to get my work done!!

Me, over the walkie: can anyone look for a vacuum on the floor for me?
Hardlines TM: well I can't look at it if you don't give me the number. switch to 3
me: oh okay switches to 3 I'm on 3. Are you ready?
TM: yes
Me: gives DPCI #
TM: What do you want me to do with that?
Me: Oh that's the DPCI
TM: Well you're going to have to read it to me again since I didn't know what you were telling me

Obviously a miscommunication or something, I know it happens but it made the whole thing take way longer than it needed to. Although I'm sure I've misunderstood something over the walkie before...
Lmaooo wtf what a jerk he really expected you to read the DPCI on 1 and then said “what do you want me to do with that” like he didn’t just ask for the DPCI and also knew you were going to give it. Man I’m mad reading this 😂

Lmaooo wtf what a jerk he really expected you to read the DPCI on 1 and then said “what do you want me to do with that” like he didn’t just ask for the DPCI and also knew you were going to give it. Man I’m mad reading this 😂
Honestly same. I would be so over it my smart ass would be like “never mind I’ll get it myself! 😊”

Back