To that one Team Member - II

TTOGSTL: if you tell me not to turn my light on for change requests, and that you'll the the mydevice for them... Check the damn mydevice. I can hear the damn alerts, you should be able to find the time somewhere in a half hour to get pennies before the register runs out.
Good luck. We need to flash the light, because the message never makes it to the GSTL/GSA Zebra half the time.

tto group of tms, if you'd just sit at the same tables then the rest of us wouldnt have to spend the entirety of our breaks listening to you yelling back and forth. every day.

TTMultipleTMs who constantly call out: Why did you apply in the first place? Of course things happen, but having a job means showing up for it more often than not.

TTMultipleLeadsandLeaders: Please start coaching/terming these people, for the love. What would the loss be? They don't show up anyway, and we're either filling their shifts with our reliable TMs or punt/get yelled at by guests when we can't cover shifts. Then the good TMs hit burnout and quit, digging the hole deeper. Meanwhile, the perpetual callouts see nothing wrong with their behavior because they aren't held accountable for it. Aforementioned reliable TMs are resentful of the fact their peers are getting away with it, feeding their burnout.

This is called a "vicious cycle."

TTMultipleTMs who constantly call out: Why did you apply in the first place? Of course things happen, but having a job means showing up for it more often than not.

TTMultipleLeadsandLeaders: Please start coaching/terming these people, for the love. What would the loss be? They don't show up anyway, and we're either filling their shifts with our reliable TMs or punt/get yelled at by guests when we can't cover shifts. Then the good TMs hit burnout and quit, digging the hole deeper. Meanwhile, the perpetual callouts see nothing wrong with their behavior because they aren't held accountable for it. Aforementioned reliable TMs are resentful of the fact their peers are getting away with it, feeding their burnout.

I've seen a lot more of these lately. They don't show up, or when they do, they're hours late. One of my GSAs has begun to say about them that they see their schedules as just suggestions. They almost never get disciplined, and when they do decide to grace us with their presence, they are allowed to stay past the scheduled end of their shifts to make up for the time they missed at the beginning. I can't speak for others, but this reliable TM is well past resentful.

I've seen a lot more of these lately. They don't show up, or when they do, they're hours late. One of my GSAs has begun to say about them that they see their schedules as just suggestions. They almost never get disciplined, and when they do decide to grace us with their presence, they are allowed to stay past the scheduled end of their shifts to make up for the time they missed at the beginning. I can't speak for others, but this reliable TM is well past resentful.
Well, I’m not at your store (though I’m borrowing that line from your GSA), but for what it’s worth, I appreciate you.

i mean, they won't tell you if they're issuing any corrective action or taking any steps to rectify these attendance issues but they almost definitely have some sort of plan in place.

i mean, they won't tell you if they're issuing any corrective action or taking any steps to rectify these attendance issues but they almost definitely have some sort of plan in place.
Hopefully, that is. Sometimes the TLs end up so swamped/disorganized/unconcerned that the conversations never or rarely happen. At that point it's difficult for the leads to get back in the habit.

TTOGSTL: I don't always agree with your management style or how you handle certain situations, but I will always have your back when you need it. It was a clusterfuck sort of day and all of us were feeling it. There was *a lot* of shit going on today and apparently one of our newer TMs didn't like that you sounded short with him over the walkie and asked that you not make demands of him. (🙄)

As far as I'm concerned, you were just doing your job, especially since it was near impossible to get responses. The TM will just have to get used to it or find another job if it's too much.

I wish, we have been told that it's not worth the trouble, easier to let the problem fix itself. And why would employees bother to show up on time when we have ETL's who can't be bothered. Three days this week our opening ETL who was supposed to show at 7am to let the cash office person in didn't show until 10am.. Next ETL showed at 9am(soonest she could get there) so for the first hour we had no cash in some tils.. Yes have SRTL's who could have done it, they just weren't in the building.

Hopefully, that is. Sometimes the TLs end up so swamped/disorganized/unconcerned that the conversations never or rarely happen. At that point it's difficult for the leads to get back in the habit.
This is exactly what is happening at my store right now. Emphasis on “swamped” with a side of disorganized. I wouldn’t say they’re unconcerned.

Last edited:

^This^

Ooh. To my team and TL...I just remembered NOW that I needed to put the strawberries in the cooler and I didn't...luckily it was only one of those box carts instead of two...but you can blame the closing ETL too since she wanted me to do a return cart before we closed and I was racing around at the end last night. 😩

To that team member,
Thanks for not offering me any help even when you had almost 1.5hrs left to do nothing and walking around in front of me chit chatting with people.

Dear Team Members, please please stop over stocking. Tired of having to fix so much. Only a certain amount fits on those pegs. Back stock the rest. Don’t add more to some other peg where it obviously doesn’t go. Or hide it way back under a shelve.

That's one thing that has somewhat gotten better with modernization I think. Some DBOs seem to be realizing that overstocking ultimately creates an endless cycle of more work for themselves. Others, not so much though.

That's one thing that has somewhat gotten better with modernization I think. Some DBOs seem to be realizing that overstocking ultimately creates an endless cycle of more work for themselves. Others, not so much though.
Give it time. If someone is in the same dept. often I would be surprised if they would create a mess that they would need to fix later. Not rocket science to know that doing it right the first time is easier than fixing it later.

Back