To that one Team Member - II

Just quit? who gives a rats ass, nobody is that critical to the operation. Someone else will come along. Crap doesn't get pushed today? Maybe it will get pushed tomorrow! Maybe not. It's not your problem.

But perhaps it is their problem. Ghosting is bad behavior and folks have every right to be upset about it. It leaves people hanging and causes others to have to pick up the slack. It's just bad form, but of course the one who ghosted doesn't care because they've moved on. But to say that someone just not showing up for work anymore is no big deal is silly. Of course people are going to be pissed.

At a guess, 1) it's time consuming and there's not enough time in a shift when all other tasks are added in, and 2) it's an exercise in futility because the same amount will be pulled the next day, straight from the wacos they were put in, then day 3 the stuff backstocked on day 2 will be pulled, then day 4 and on until the TMs give up and put it somewhere on the floor.

To the guest advocate: I'm a little frustrated that you won't do self-checkout if you're only scheduled there once or twice a week. Since no one took your shift when you put it on the swap shift board, I had to come in earlier than scheduled and take a double shift from 1:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
Do you really hate self-checkout that much that you would be willing to not come in when you are scheduled over there?

For example ,there are 4 different products of same brand . Even when all are in stock, only because someone filled the whole area with just one type , someone decides to let it be like that and if that someone is really nice he backstock it else just put in somewhere so that no one can ever find it . Yesterday I found atleast 5-6 cases of snacks with no location. Again I cannot blame anyone as market is struggling with pushing truck and all backlogs . Whoever is available at that moment is pulled in to market and everyone hates to push market (don’t know why)!!

Or, rather than fix all the stuff in the wrong place, they put the stuff they have in another empty (wrong) spot, compounding the problem, pissing off guests/TMs/flex TMs who can't find shit or see something at the wrong price (and either don't buy it because it's "too expensive" or get pissed at the register when it rings up for more than the shelf label) and on and on.

Don't overfill. Flex only when shit is being discontinued, or as endcaps. It's not that hard. Backstocking is not that hard. Trying to deal with the cascade of annoying shit from overfilling shelves is harder.

TTOTL: For the love of holy god, you are the biggest walking contradiction of yourself that I've ever seen, not to mention totally incompetent at your job. You treat your team like children and lecture us for not getting RedCards all the time. Well, it's definitely not from lack of trying or asking, it's that you want to CYA for your awful leadership.

Also, talking crap about your team within earshot isn't going to inspire them to produce results for you...🙄🙄🙄 Still wonder how on God's green earth you got promoted.

Or, rather than fix all the stuff in the wrong place, they put the stuff they have in another empty (wrong) spot, compounding the problem, pissing off guests/TMs/flex TMs who can't find shit or see something at the wrong price (and either don't buy it because it's "too expensive" or get pissed at the register when it rings up for more than the shelf label) and on and on.

Don't overfill. Flex only when shit is being discontinued, or as endcaps. It's not that hard. Backstocking is not that hard. Trying to deal with the cascade of annoying shit from overfilling shelves is harder.
Yes!!!! What a way to manage to piss your entire store off! I’ve had the pleasure for the last year now dealing with that guest that creates the line and ticks of more guests which then gets a team I’m gonna need a backup which leads to the fireworks...what a cycle.

TTOTL: For the love of holy god, you are the biggest walking contradiction of yourself that I've ever seen, not to mention totally incompetent at your job. You treat your team like children and lecture us for not getting RedCards all the time. Well, it's definitely not from lack of trying or asking, it's that you want to CYA for your awful leadership.

Also, talking crap about your team within earshot isn't going to inspire them to produce results for you...🙄🙄🙄 Still wonder how on God's green earth you got promoted.
AMEN!!!!

I do wonder how many people who ghosted and it was a shock because they didn't seem that type of person were later found days long dead.

We had two last year. Both had near perfect attendance. One committed suicide and we didn’t know for 2 weeks. The other died in a car accident on their way to work. We found out 2 or 3 days later.

TTOTM: Would it hurt to shower after work? Based on the car you drive you’re definitely not homeless. But for f*cks sake you smell so bad I can’t stand to be down the same aisle as you. And please don’t breathe on me, your breath smells like something long ago died and rotted away. It makes me gag. Myself and other TMs (and even a few guest) have complained but to no avail.

Last edited:
Backstock is a four-letter word in my lexicon. Won't do it. Flex baby flex.
It sells when it on floor vs being backstocked. Chances are it will sell better if a guest wants more of it, you won't be bothered to get more from backroom. Saving you more time.

You had ONE fucking job that had to be done by close for the next day's visit when you clocked in at 3 p.m. How the hell did you NOT get it done? I really appreciated having to explain it to the visitors without having to throw you under the bus. Shit like this, and your constant need to be talking to ANYONE all the time, is why no one wants you on their team and why my team is stuck with you.😠😠😠😠😠😠

TTO Guest Relations TM: maybe I denied the return for a valid 209 issue and just because the “guest” called you to bitch about me denying an already returned item DOES NOT mean that you should just tell me to complete the return with an override code

TTO Guest Relations TM: maybe I denied the return for a valid 209 issue and just because the “guest” called you to bitch about me denying an already returned item DOES NOT mean that you should just tell me to complete the return with an override code
You can just say “sorry, I cannot do that. If you are able to process a refund on your end, you can, I am not able to. Sorry.”

if they ask to speak to a GSTL just say “sorry, they are not able to either.” (Obv make sure you’re on the same page w said GSTL)

they act like they’re the boss of us but they are not. I’ve done the above before and if you say it firmly they will back down.

TTOTM - I hope the right person finds out you took LOA because you got a better paying TEMP job.
That is not allowed and I hope you get fired for it.
you left us with no notice right when you got really behind in your work - we are not enjoying cleaning up your mess while you come in daily to gloat how good your new gig is.

It sells when it on floor vs being backstocked. Chances are it will sell better if a guest wants more of it, you won't be bothered to get more from backroom. Saving you more time.

Not necessarily. If there is a lot of them on the shelf, then the guest might think "I can wait a few more days/weeks and think about it and then maybe it will go on sale". They also might wonder if the product is any good because if there are so many then it must not be selling well. If there are only a few then they might think "I better buy this right now or else it might be gone"

Not necessarily. If there is a lot of them on the shelf, then the guest might think "I can wait a few more days/weeks and think about it and then maybe it will go on sale". They also might wonder if the product is any good because if there are so many then it must not be selling well. If there are only a few then they might think "I better buy this right now or else it might be gone"
This is such a good argument for not overstocking/flexing and I try to point it out as much as possible. I feel like the counter-argument you quoted is also really good but the ultimate answer depends on the department. Something like market, HBA where people might be more compelled to stock up on multiple of the same thing the prior argument is best. In style, I personally believe having 80 of the same thing on the floor is a sales killer, and I really wish Target knew it lol.

Back