To that one Team Member - II

TTOTM: Fuck you for walking around my department for 15 minutes "shopping" with no fucking mask on, chatting it up with another TM who at least was wearing their mask (though I have seen them with their mask down many times before). You obviously did not notice or care about my frustration. So again, FUCK YOU.

TTOTM: If you hate your job, why keep showing up? Don't rudely speak to our helpful closing leads and never do what you're supposed to, it would be easier if you just gave up your availability for us who actually want to work hard. And no, I will not put your cardboard in the baler for you one more time, you're perfectly capable of it.

TTOStyleTM: You haven't pushed your truck in 4 days. You've been in the building all 4 days. But, none of your truck has been pushed. You have an overflowing valet in the fitting room that grows everyday. There are two 3 tiers of your non-backstocked crap floating around the backroom. Your zone is a freaking mess. Shit's on the floor. Nothing is organized by size.

What exactly do you do all day? We're all wondering.

P.S. When I asked you a question about a folding item and you told me you thought you saw it in the back unlocated because someone, NOT YOU!!!!, hasn't been locating stuff, I thought well it's obviously not you because you never do anything....like ummm...fixing location issues in your backroom! But, you were right. It was back there unlocated. So there's that, I guess.

To that one Closing TL: Hey, thanks for ignoring the directions from our Fulfillment TL and our ETL that you can no longer pull fulfillment from doing OPUs after everything that is due at night is finished. We walked into over 300 DPCIs in the OPU queue at 5am this morning. And, after two hours of picking them, they were still over 300 because it's Q4 and orders were dropping in at a rate of a new 23 DPCI batch every 15 minutes or so. We had to call in two fulfillment TMs to come in early and grab 3 TMs from the salesfloor to help pick just to get everything that needed done by 11am finished on time. And, we know that you pulled last night's pickers at 7:30pm to zone or whatever. Fucking asshole. Knock this shit off. We are not amused and we will be mentioning to the DSD and gang when they drop by for their big Q4 readiness visit if you keep this up.

TTOTM: Fuck you for walking around my department for 15 minutes "shopping" with no fucking mask on, chatting it up with another TM who at least was wearing their mask (though I have seen them with their mask down many times before). You obviously did not notice or care about my frustration. So again, FUCK YOU.
No way that'd fly. I've been told to not start shit with guests who don't wear masks, but TM not wearing one while out on the salesfloor I'd rip into, and have written up if they didn't immediately put it on upon being told to.

Threw a bottle at you? Inexcusable behavior, grounds for getting shit-canned. Punched in, punched out, either way it's wrong.
Agreed. In her position I wouldn't have expected to see them again Sunday, I'd have expected to come in Sunday and find out said TM had been fired.

No way that'd fly. I've been told to not start shit with guests who don't wear masks, but TM not wearing one while out on the salesfloor I'd rip into, and have written up if they didn't immediately put it on upon being told to.
I'm definitely going to say something if it happens again. I am over this nonsense.

Again today.
SETL calling OTHER TL To send back up. Why ? You are a TL - call someone. Why do I have to call someone for you ?
Why am I expected to do both my job and yours ?
When are you going to send ME a cashier to push after my DBO was sent to cashier.

hmm. How about that? My DBO backs up for 15 minutes, a cashier returns to their department when they are finished to push for 15 minutes.
DBO more likely to assist.
A lot of times when SETL calls no one comes but, when other team leads call they listen. Many times it’s the SCO person calling for backup and no one listens to them.

TTCorporateGuy: Please do something about ship dropping heavy loads midday when we don't have time to pick them because all 7 of us are busting butt trying to keep up with OPU during the day thanks 🙃

A lot of times when SETL calls no one comes but, when other team leads call they listen. Many times it’s the SCO person calling for backup and no one listens to them.
If I call for backup, or someone to pick up a phone call, etc. and no one responds, the Closing TL starts calling people out by name to do whatever I requested, she doesn't wait for me to ask her for help. Backup for the checklanes isn't optional. If the SETL has to ask another TL to call people out, those people already failed the store by not responding to the first call.

A DBO does have a lot of work to do, but it's not as urgent as ringing up guests and getting them out the door. Service at the front end has a much more direct impact on sales. Guests that have to wait in long lines are prone to say, "Fuck it", and leave entire carts full of merchandise behind, which your DBO can then reshop rather than ring up, while also losing out on the sales for said items.

If I call for backup, or someone to pick up a phone call, etc. and no one responds, the Closing TL starts calling people out by name to do whatever I requested, she doesn't wait for me to ask her for help. Backup for the checklanes isn't optional. If the SETL has to ask another TL to call people out, those people already failed the store by not responding to the first call.

A DBO does have a lot of work to do, but it's not as urgent as ringing up guests and getting them out the door. Service at the front end has a much more direct impact on sales. Guests that have to wait in long lines are prone to say, "Fuck it", and leave entire carts full of merchandise behind, which your DBO can then reshop rather than ring up, while also losing out on the sales for said items.
The opposite is often said though - if the stuff isn't on the shelves the guest is likely to walk out and go somewhere where the item they want is available. And if the item can't be found even if it is in the store, the guest will give up and walk out and go where the item is easily found or where sales floor staff are easily found to help them find it.

I don't know if there's been an official study done on which causes the more walk outs - long checkout lines, or not finding items or staff. But both sales floor and the front end are carrying the same bucket together, and not keeping things balanced is going to get water everywhere except where it's going. Neither side can think they are of utmost importance and the other part must stop everything to cater to their demands. Sometimes the best thing for the store as a whole is for one or the other to experience a bit of difficulty and the responsible thing is to make do instead of demanding 100% of the personnel resources/make the store suffer to support only a tiny portion of the different store workings.

Let's all be honest here. Resistance to backup has nothing to do with being concerned about stocked shelves or floor coverage for guests - it has to do with the fact that cashiering sucks ass and nobody wants to do it. Tell me I'm wrong.
You're somewhat wrong.

Getting in major trouble for undone tasks because a significant portion of your shift is backup will certainly make you want to disappear next call.

Dealing with a rabid, frothing at the mouth guest needing help who managed to come from the complete opposite side of the store without spotting another TM (and you know thats no exagerration since you saw both the grid and heard people responding to backup) makes you wish there were more sales floor folks so guests won't be so worked up when they find someone.

You're somewhat wrong.

Getting in major trouble for undone tasks because a significant portion of your shift is backup will certainly make you want to disappear next call.

Dealing with a rabid, frothing at the mouth guest needing help who managed to come from the complete opposite side of the store without spotting another TM (and you know thats no exagerration since you saw both the grid and heard people responding to backup) makes you wish there were more sales floor folks so guests won't be so worked up when they find someone.
There is some truth to that...but I'd still rather be the one dealing with the frothing guest than be the one responding to backup.

The problem is you can easily deal with both--cashiering and then coming upon frothing guests after you get off the checklane who have "looked everywhere for someone!"

Our guests are hella needy, in general, and when people say "not with a guest" it's really more like "between guests" because it's pretty rare for me to go more than 3-5 minutes without a guest request (before 8-8:30pm, that is), and I work in Domestics. Grocery, HBA, chem, baby, toys, seasonal...all worse.

ASANTS on that one, obviously.

Yeeeep. Happened to me once and it really stuck with me for a while.

When I was still pretty new, I was being shown how to set an aisle in shoes by another TM, said task was designated by an ETL.
There were a looot of pages for backup that particular day and not that many people on the floor. Trainer TM and I ended up going up quite a bit. Person running front was grateful and thanked us for responding.

End of shift... ETL saw that we weren't able to finish the reset and just went off on us, fucking chewed us out for not finishing it. Helping with backup was not an excuse, apparently. Of course ETL was being a jerk, talking down to us and all that. But the fear of possibly losing my job because of not finishing tasks was instilled and I started avoiding the front end at all costs.

The problem is you can easily deal with both--cashiering and then coming upon frothing guests after you get off the checklane who have "looked everywhere for someone!"

The times I had that, between seeing the grid and walkie chatter, there truly was either no one between the guest's starting point and me or there was a single TM in the entirety of hardlines at the time and could be legitimately missed when the guest started in Market and ended in RTW.

But both sales floor and the front end are carrying the same bucket together,
True enough. But it really bugs me that it's all one-way, even when there are NO guests for cashiers to be checking out.
Can they grab a few reshop items close to the front end and take care of them? Can they maybe straighten some of the clothing tables or pick up a hanging item that's fallen to the floor - in the apparel section directly across from them? Can they help the DBO stocking One Spot - who's the closest to respond for back-up when it's needed?
Nope, sorry, but they can stand around and chat.
I actually kind of like cashiering for short stretches. But when I get stuck on a lane for 45 minutes and don't get my truck pushed? Not so much.

Yeeeep. Happened to me once and it really stuck with me for a while.

When I was still pretty new, I was being shown how to set an aisle in shoes by another TM, said task was designated by an ETL.
There were a looot of pages for backup that particular day and not that many people on the floor. Trainer TM and I ended up going up quite a bit. Person running front was grateful and thanked us for responding.

End of shift... ETL saw that we weren't able to finish the reset and just went off on us, fucking chewed us out for not finishing it. Helping with backup was not an excuse, apparently. Of course ETL was being a jerk, talking down to us and all that. But the fear of possibly losing my job because of not finishing tasks was instilled and I started avoiding the front end at all costs.
This!
On several occasions. The ETL comes on walkie telling TL to call backups by name when responses aren't coming fast enough. TMs are fairly rotated for the calls, but the front end is always understaffed at my store. Obviously, ETL hears my name called many times during shifts. Later, talked down to and admonished for not completing tasks. WTF?!?!
If I spend 30 mins at a time doing backups, at 4-6 backups during a 4 hr shift, how the hell am I supposed to do my DBO tasks? Push, pull, set, price change....all while on closing shifts.

Back