To that one Team Member - II

Omg yes to all this! Maybe it's because I prefer to work alone, but seeing TMs in the same area chatting while "working" drives me nuts.

I usually work fitting room and I hate when someone else is in the area when I'm there. If you want to grab a rack of reshop and exchange a few words, great. But keep it moving. I work alone.

On the floor, same. Someone wants to come and chat for a couple of minutes, fine. But I don't care to work side by side with someone. It's just distracting. I can get more done on my own, with less aggravation.

The first year or two after I was hired we had a clique in Style that used to work together while whooping it up on the floor. Very loud and distracting.

This is why I've never been a proponent of "wave" zoning. It's just a bullshit excuse to blather on with someone else while "working".

TTOTM: It's extremely nice that they have two people working SCO now. It helps to cut wait times for guests if one of us is helping someone / fixing a crashed register / filling bags etc.

However, when it's slammed, I need you over here helping me, not three lanes away looking for more bags. It can wait. We had 5 blinkers go off simultaneously and I just about lost it. Thankfully our ETL came to my rescue and brought you back and told you to stay there until the rush ended.

TTOETL-

I hope you realize barking at people is not an effective leadership method. You can see the results when no one volunteers to do Flex's. You felt unbothered to stop what you are doing to help out. Your peer was like " I guess I can help you out", Even if someone volunteers there's no appreciation it's like you expect it. Funny thing is people I know from Target tells me how "great" you are but I don't see it. I don't even acknowledge you as a leader.

Hugs n Kisses from NKG

TTOTL:
I want to do something else besides pull priorities. Every single day I see you, you tell me to pull priorities and then another TL tells me to do something else because there are like 3 priorities. You tell me to pull and stage, but there is NOTHING to pull. You want me to pull one for ones instead? Great waste of time, but someone else is already doing that. I decide to push the MANY u-boats of freight that are waiting to be pushed, yet you tell me to pause and work on priorities when, still, it is in the single digits for GM and someone else is taking care of it anyway because guess what? You ask EVERYONE to pull fucking priorities. "Oh but there are x DPCIs in there though." THEY'RE ALL IN OPEN MARKET. I AM NOT IN OPEN MARKET. If you want me to pull THOSE priorities, put me in OM.
At least the other TLs save me from you, but my lord you need to actually look at what needs to be done before just jumping to "pull and stage."

TTOTL: I completely understand that you have to input a PDD for attendance, but what I was more disappointed with was that you ended the conversation by saying "Don't make a habit out of it." as if I do it all the time. In 7.5 years, I haven't called out 4 consecutive days until 2 weeks ago when COVID got me. Believe me, I would've been working if I could have. I'm not upset, I just think you could've worded it a little differently.

TTOTL: I completely understand that you have to input a PDD for attendance, but what I was more disappointed with was that you ended the conversation by saying "Don't make a habit out of it." as if I do it all the time. In 7.5 years, I haven't called out 4 consecutive days until 2 weeks ago when COVID got me. Believe me, I would've been working if I could have. I'm not upset, I just think you could've worded it a little differently.
What's a PDD for attendance? I had to call off for a little more than week (sick, but not covid) and wasn't given any grief about it because, like you, I don't make a habit of calling off.

What's a PDD for attendance? I had to call off for a little more than week (sick, but not covid) and wasn't given any grief about it because, like you, I don't make a habit of calling off.
PDD is a coaching. Documented conversation but not a corrective action. Can lead to a corrective, which you have to acknowledge receiving in workday.

Performance Discussion Documentation.

If you used sick time, the absences don't count. If you are typically there every day, no reason to give you grief.

TTOTM: If the hanger boxes at SCO are full, walkie someone to come and empty them. *DO NOT* get all pissy and empty said boxes into unused baskets and throw them all over the floor. We need the space for large stray and guests.

TTOTM: I understand that you're a transfer from another small format store and that you already know how most things work here. However, let's remember that you are a TM. You are NOT a team lead, nor are you even a trainer. So what you aren't going to do is try and boss me around saying that I need to do something or that I'm interacting with guests "incorrectly" while I'm training you. No guest or TL has EVER told me that, so I'm thinking you're just wrong. You keep telling me that you're trying to do things to basically suck up to leadership so you can become a TL, but respectively my store does not need any more, and you would be a bad leader. All you do is seem to love bossing people around, for the sake of just doing it. My leaders laugh at the stupid things you say over the walkie when you're being 100% serious, so yeah, good luck trying to be one if you don't have the respect of the TMs or leadership. Idiot.

TTOTM: You're a cashier. Why the hell do you do this? Every single time you come to my SB counter to get your drink/snack for your break early in the morning. You ask for the max amount of cash back knowing full well we're only banked $100 & you take $40 leaving me with a few $5s & $1s.
The last time someone beat you to it so you pissed & moaned when you wound up with the $5s & $1s but then you were back the next time. And I always have to do a change request during morning rush while the GSTLs are busy.
You're fixing to get decaffed.

TTOTM: You're a cashier. Why the hell do you do this? Every single time you come to my SB counter to get your drink/snack for your break early in the morning. You ask for the max amount of cash back knowing full well we're only banked $100 & you take $40 leaving me with a few $5s & $1s.
The last time someone beat you to it so you pissed & moaned when you wound up with the $5s & $1s but then you were back the next time. And I always have to do a change request during morning rush while the GSTLs are busy.
Tell them you were already cleaned out or suggest they grab a candy bar at the SCO!

That doesn't smell right.

Last edited:
TTOTM: Wow, thanks for respecting my space enough to ask if I'd mind if you played music while working in a nearby area. Another TM always seems to think everyone around wants to hear her music over her phone with its lousy speaker quality AND hear her sing along, loudly. Most TMs who know me know that I appreciate a quiet work space, for as long as it lasts until the store opens anyway. You kind of made my day by asking instead of assuming. Very cool move on your part.

Years ago Mrs. C and I went to a state park camping area. Found a nice semi secluded spot with dozens of sites open. We grabbed one out by itself, quite nice and secluded. After gathering some firewood and setting up the tent etc we cracked open a cooler full of beer and food. An hour later a car full of trash took the site next to us, put speakers on the roof of a rat-trap old car and blasted their 8-track. Hundreds of sites and there they were. We packed up and left. You can't do anything about it, very few rules. Talking with them would be a waste of time and effort. Assholes. Haven't been to a state park campground since then. 1978. I always camp with a 12 ga shotgun.

Back