Archived "Tuck Your Shirt In"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store went 4-5 months without a backroom TL present. We've had an external hire merely just 2 weeks ago. 2 days ago I noticed 75% of the backroom TMS had their shirts tucked inside their pants, (Polo or Regular tee).

I was briefly stopped and approached by the new TL and he explained to me from now on, we must maintain the target brand by tucking in our shirts, he proceeded on a 10 minute lecture about how important it is.

I was baffled by the whole thing, almost felt like I was starting middle school all over again. I among a few others wear very short & tight Polo shirts that probably only covers just the inch of your belt, (I have my under shirt tucked in of course) I move around a lot and seldom need team lifts, at one point during the day I'm pretty sure my shirt would eventually un-tuck itself.

He went on to tell me that the girls are the only exception to this rule? I just bluntly told him, write me up cause I'm not tucking my shirt in.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited:
Tuck your shirt in, it only takes 10 seconds.
my belly sticks out but who cares, I like working for target. :p

I tuck my shirt in just about everyday. :)

I am probably the only TM in my store who consistently tucks in his shirt, pretty relaxed dress code. Though, that's just my way of wearing my shirts at work.

Once I worked with a company that issued shirts to employees and the owner would say, "tuck it in or take it off." Uniform standards vary by job: tucked in shirt, tie worn, slacks, etc.

A.S.A.N.T.S. :eek:

Most of the etls, tls have their shirts untucked, specially the overweight ones. It's in the handbook oh I'm pretty sure but that's gotta be the weirdest thing a TL would wanna enforce. I made a deal with him that if he can get every male tm in the entire store to tuck their shirts in then I'll consider it.

We always enforced tucking shirts in when you are out on the sales floor. We didn't enforce it that much on the backroom staff, UNLESS they came out to push on the floor.

As a girl I apparently am excused from this (I don't get why...) but I would tell them no myself. I would feel so uncomfortable with my shirt tucked in. I've got a gut and I wear the shirts I do to hide it. I would approach HR about this myself. I don't know if I, personally, would allow myself to be written up but yeah. Do what you gotta do.

As a girl I apparently am excused from this (I don't get why...) but I would tell them no myself. I would feel so uncomfortable with my shirt tucked in. I've got a gut and I wear the shirts I do to hide it. I would approach HR about this myself. I don't know if I, personally, would allow myself to be written up but yeah. Do what you gotta do.
I don't have a gut or anything but I literally feel a bit uncoordinated with my shirt tucked in like that. If it's a button up shirt, heck I'm down for it.. It's only right.

"Team Colors" training is a pretty serious thing...there are set guidelines as to how Target can expect their TM's to dress. It's strict so that Target can get away with not giving out uniforms, other than vests.

No Backroom TM can go a whole shift with a tucked in shirt the entire time. There is so much bending, squatting, and lifting that it will come untucked at some point.

So much easier to leave it untucked from the start and not worry about it.

I envy your store. If the TL has the time to make sure shirts are tucked in other things must be pretty damn good. There is NO WAY i would tuck my shirt in because some TL got a bug up their bum. If however they are going to make sure no ones pants are too tight, shirts are too low, khakis and red are REALLY khaki and red then I might think about it. With all the reaching twisting and bending required the only way your shirt is going to stay in is if you are wearing a bodysuit. Have the TL get the handbook and find anywhere where it states your shirt must be tucked in, then discuss what she/he did not find.

Wow,think of all the things that actually matter when it comes to running a good back room and then consider where tucking your shirt in falls on that list.
If you're like me it didn't even make the list.
Just imagine what kind of TL he must be to make that a priority.

Man will you feel dumb getting fired for not tucking your shirt in. Just do what your boss says. I mean if This is where you're gonna make your stand what happens when he tells you to do something he Knows you won't want to do? I'd put you on the top of my list of people to get rid of.

I do what they tell me, but if they are that concerned they csn buy uniforms. At thst point, as much as i love my job, I would leave .Nobidy has told me what to wear sibce I left Catholic school.
Even my parents never told me what to wear.

If they will pay for a shirt that will stay tucked, I'll do it. Good luck finding a long shirt with my build.

"Fuck the tuck" I like that. Nobody at my store is expected to tuck in their shirts besides leadership or TMs in the pipeline for promotions. In fact, if you're not actually being groomed for promotion, and stand a good chance, most leaders will get a good laugh from your ridiculous over the top Target uniform. At my store ;)

Tuck/no tuck. Doesn't matter. Your boss says do it. You say No. That's a problem

As a fatty myself I only tucked my shirt in when I was a TL or unless they made everyone do it! Women got away with it un-tucked because it was a "style"... Once I told them untucked was my style as a guy and thats discrimination they left me alone about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back