Archived Union at Warehouses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly.
It would be a hard fight to get one but worth the battle.
I suspect your health care might improve as well.
Of course there is also the possibility that Spot will fire everyone to 'remodel' the warehouse.
Spot hates unions.

And before you let anyone tell you we don't need unions anymore.
Unions are what made this country strong.
They are the reason we have a middle class and the destruction of unions is why the middle class is failing.
We need to fight back.

Both my parents are in unions and as a result we have AMAZING double health insurance, they get steady raises, guaranteed work if laid off by their company, holidays off, etc. Annual union picnics also don't hurt lol. So unions are awesome but I can see why a company would try to prevent one at all costs.

DCs are not part of target corp, right? I thought they are whole different companies. Each DC

Union them if they're anything like stores because oh i've been to two store and safety culture lol OSHA be damned

Possibly.
It would be a hard fight to get one but worth the battle.
I suspect your health care might improve as well.
Of course there is also the possibility that Spot will fire everyone to 'remodel' the warehouse.
Spot hates unions.

And before you let anyone tell you we don't need unions anymore.
Unions are what made this country strong.
They are the reason we have a middle class and the destruction of unions is why the middle class is failing.
We need to fight back.
Workers Charge Target With Closing Store, Laying Off Workers For Trying To Unionize

Unions also make harder to fire the shittiest of workers and insures your douche leader stays in power because he has been there longer

Unions also make harder to fire the shittiest of workers and insures your douche leader stays in power because he has been there longer

For once, I agree with you. Unions just don't have a place in retail stores. Construction workers, distribution centers, sure, maybe. But I would not work for Target if they were union, for exactly the reasons you stated. Seniority shouldn't entitle you to anything if your work ethics are crap.

content.php

It's only hard to fire union workers if you have a shitty contract with the union or management is bad at their job. Unions negotiate the employment contract, often in those contract firing need to be justified so management needs to come up with a set of justifications which have been agreed upon by the contract, meaning all you need is paperwork as proof/justification; target pretty much already does this to avoid paying for unemployment. It's not that much harder, union workers are not immune to firing far from it. Seniority is a bit of a pain though but again that all depends on the employment contract, union tend to be harder on small business than larger corporations as large corporations can afford to pay people to properly negotiate their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back