Archived Using your TM discount with NFC payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizl

Beauty TM
I can't for the life of me figure out where in Target to send a question like this - when I use my BCU card, I can use my TM discount, but when I'm using NFC (tap to pay) the process is such that Target can't recognize that I'm using that card so I can't use my TM discount. The obvious solution is just to carry my card around with me... but it'd just be nice if I didn't have to.

you won’t be able to get your discount with NFC payment because apple pay/etc charge fees on top of the interchange fees from the card issuer

you won’t be able to get your discount with NFC payment because apple pay/etc charge fees on top of the interchange fees from the card issuer
I thought it was because Apple Pay generates a temporary token and it can't be matched with the discount card?

Yeah, it's because NFC - well, Google at least uses like a... purely digital spoof card that routes to your card, so you're not directly using your card. Or, I'm guessing that must be why. Because it looks like a different non-BCU card to Target so it doesn't realize it works for my TM discount.

Are you able to save it as a payment option in the target app that it’d work with your wallet barcode like with the redcard/target debit? I don’t use BCU so don’t know if that’s an option or not.

Are you able to save it as a payment option in the target app that it’d work with your wallet barcode like with the redcard/target debit? I don’t use BCU so don’t know if that’s an option or not.
No, you can only add red cards..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back