Archived Wearing Shorts...

Lets wear shorts on hot & humid days of summer!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even truck throwers? It can easily get over 90 degrees in our trucks sometimes.

I let my throwers wear whatever they wanted. We ran the same 4 throwers every day and they rotated at their own discretion. Before 8 after 8, didn't matter. It's a miserable position so I tried to glorify it as much as possible. I treated my throwers like royalty.

My best thrower was actually this tiny girl who was about 5'2 and maybe 110 lbs. She wore sweatpants and bed slippers every day. But I'll be damned it that girl couldn't hurl a 50lb tub of litter down the entire line with one arm and then stock an entire department alone. Bed slippers was the price I paid for that.

I don't know if it's technically allowed but at my store at least we can wear skirts, as long as they're knee-length. I think I started that trend last summer when our AC was broken. I run really hot because of a medication so I take anything I can get. Even with our AC fixed it still gets pretty miserable and humid at our store. I'd kill to wear shorts, even if they have to follow the same knee-length rule. I don't actually like skirts.

^I found a "skort" that went to the top of my knees that I wore for a while. Then we got a new STL and they were very anti showing legs. The other leads did not care, but alas. If you wore a skirt you had to wear leggings with it, and that was too warm with that skirt because of the built in shorts. STL also hated capris, even though they cover your knees. You could only wear "ankle pants", and a fat lot of good that does in keeping you cooler. When that STL transferred the first thing I did was start wearing capris and other people joined in once they saw I wasn't getting in trouble for it.

As for the unload team at my store, they can wear whatever they want until 8:00. Some even get away with it for a bit longer if they happen to be staying in the back for a while. As soon as you have to be on the floor after store opening, you have to change.
That old STL hated that too, for some reason. They went on walkie one day to page the ETL-LOG and asked if they were "okay with their team taking time out of their day to change" and ETL-LOG just replied with as stern of a 'yes' as they could. STL must've taken the hint.

I wear capris only because other people do but I’ve yet to see shorts on anyone other than the cart attendant. But other people wear black leggings so I mean.... lol

I went to a super target the other day a few towns over and a OPU/SFS TM i saw picking orders wasn't wearing any red. Seemed to make some sense to me because she would be less likely to get stopped by a guest. More time to focus on the orders. Has anyone else noticed this at any stores?

Why’s your underwear soaked? Never had underwear issues even st my other job where I’m in the sun 90% of the time living heavy merch
When the AC isn’t fully functional and it’s over 80 degrees in the store, your underwear get soaked. But I guess that’s a separate issue.

I went to a super target the other day a few towns over and a OPU/SFS TM i saw picking orders wasn't wearing any red. Seemed to make some sense to me because she would be less likely to get stopped by a guest. More time to focus on the orders. Has anyone else noticed this at any stores?
At my store, Flex can wear black shirts. It really doesn't help with invisibility, though. I think I get stopped just as much, if not more, whilst wearing black. Some guests have mistakenly assumed I was a manager because of my nonconforming 'uniform'.

We can wear capri length pants at my store; a few of the guys wear what I call long shorts, sort of the same length. One female TM gets away with wear above-the-knee skirts; today's was not quite a mini, but I wonder how she'll manage if she ends up doing sales planners. Way back a hundred years ago when I was in middle school and minis were all the rage, I remember how hard it was to get things out of my locker without showing my underwear. Sometimes, looking cute just isn't worth it.
As to the original question about should be able to wear shorts, no. I really don't want to see a TM's butt cheeks hanging out - bad enough to see guests' but at least they leave soon - and you know someone would push it too far. We already have TMs who wear shirts with print patterns that barely have red in them plus a variety of non-red or burgundy colors. And jeans with creatively placed rips, even though we're not supposed to. So yeah, it'd be only a matter of time before the daisy dukes make an appearance.

I’ve been begging for this for years. I ain’t the fittest, so anything that will breathe a bit more is welcome. AC is mostly busted at my store too, it’s been unbearable to work in.

I’ve been begging for this for years. I ain’t the fittest, so anything that will breathe a bit more is welcome. AC is mostly busted at my store too, it’s been unbearable to work in.

Wow I’m really surprised at all these answers that all these stores don’t allow shorts. I’ve been at my store 4 years and they’ve always been allowed. TM’s wear shorts all the time, sometimes not even khaki colored. I guess my store is extremely lenient.

Shorts are kind of double edged. A decent pair of chinos with a tucked in polo, belt, and pair of non sneaker style shoes can look good on anyone.

But then there would be people wearing untucked t-shirts with checkered cargo shorts and unlaced DC shoes so.....that's why shorts aren't allowed.

Before open it should be fair game though.

I havent seen an updated handbook in a few years, does anyone know if reverse logistics/receiving is still able to wear shorts since we are still technically back room team members?

As a cart attendant/F.O.S., we are allowed to wear shorts. In the time I've been there, I've always worn pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back