Archived What does your backroom do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the new CAF system, ours just mostly stand around waiting for the caf. They only work when someone asks them to pull a batch for them or do a guest pull. They still do flex fulfillment. But otherwise, I dunno and would just hear when people say that they don't do anything in the back before caf. Do yours backstock whatever is taken down for a sales planner? I'm just curious here.

Since the new CAF system, ours just mostly stand around waiting for the caf. They only work when someone asks them to pull a batch for them or do a guest pull. They still do flex fulfillment. But otherwise, I dunno and would just hear when people say that they don't do anything in the back before caf. Do yours backstock whatever is taken down for a sales planner? I'm just curious here.
There's always something to do in the backroom. They should always be stowing any backstock that comes in for one. If there is no backstock and there are no pulls in the system, they should be zoning Waco's, sweeping, condensing receiving, empty location audits, or pulling up Location accuracy reports from workbench and finding trouble areas of the backroom and updating. Sadly, however not many TMs are very serious about the position and dont care enough for a TL or higher to show them these sort of logistics of backroom. There are always relevant ways to improve backroom and always new things to learn.

Another issue unfortunately that presents itself forth amongst TM to leadership is competence. 80% of TMs are just there to get a paycheck and 60% or more of those TMs aren't eager enough for leadership to entrust responsibility to. Once in a while we get that one TM who comes by with the right attitude.

do yours backstock whatever is taken down for a sales planner? I'm just curious here.
Btw, yes. We backstock everything. "In the store, on the floor" if it's not located in the system, were missing sales. Every backroom TL should stress this. Our paychecks literally depend on our performance! It's very fascinating. That's one reason I love working for target. My abilities directly impact the stores performance and backroom ranking is a very important metric to corporate in considering how well taken care of they will be each year. :)

My backroom is also Instocks, so they are doing RIGS/Rsch before CAFs. They backstock everything that hits the BR. They work hard, and are always moving.

Where is their TL? If nothing else, they can be pulling manual CAFs. Pulling manuals for CHEM/SNCK/PAPR and all of HBA can usually kill some time.

Maybe have them locu and push sections of the coolers...or even batteries.

Btw, yes. We backstock everything. "In the store, on the floor" if it's not located in the system, were missing sales. Every backroom TL should stress this. Our paychecks literally depend on our performance! It's very fascinating. That's one reason I love working for target. My abilities directly impact the stores performance and backroom ranking is a very important metric to corporate in considering how well taken care of they will be each year. :)
You like target a little too much.

Also why should brtm do more than the bare minimum when it'll just be one guy doing a done of work? If our brtl made all the brtm do audits, and the rest nothing would get done because they are lazy fucks.

Let's say from 8 to 10:

S d a
Flexs incl. Return to stock
Audit
Any pogs need pulling
Help morning backroom back stock
10 to 1
Help pull research batches for in stocks
Pull any needed pogs
Help with any back stock
1 to 3
Pull cafs
Push cafs and back stock what's left over
3 to 5 see above
5 to 6 on weekends see above
Starting at 6 from Sunday through Thursday
Pull price change
After cAf push is done and left overs are back stocked
Do cardboard
Pull any needed pogs
Clear and set the line if there's a truck the next day
And throughout the day do flexs

That's a typical day.

Not sure how your backroom has time to stand around. I feel like I don't ever have enough time to finish everything. There's always stuff needed to be pulled/pushed on top of all the other stuff we need to handle like setting the line/disposing cardboard/back stocking.

You like target a little too much.

Also why should brtm do more than the bare minimum when it'll just be one guy doing a done of work? If our brtl made all the brtm do audits, and the rest nothing would get done because they are lazy fucks.
Then they need to be coached and termed out for performance assuming the tl is keeping documentation.

I've seen new tm's come in and smoke the lazy fucks. If a tm is that lazy, they need to go.

The current brtl came in and cleaned house. It was in 3rd quarter last year and the br accuracy and general attitude had done a 180. I trained 8 new tm's plus seasonal. Most are still here.

Get rid of the weight and bring in someone who at a minimum.... does the work.

Last edited:
I have not seen them just stand around. I do believe them to be hard workers. I have seen how they worked before the new caf sched came on live. It's just what I heard from my tl and from other tls. My tl told me to have br pull my batches because "they don't have a lot to do at the back". I rarely ask br to pull my batches and my etl is forever trying to make me have br pull them for me. One time plano killed a whole sections of grocery. I tried to push as many as I can. I only left 2 carts and 1 red bin filled with backstock and br conplained that I don't bs my own pulls. Granted it was a misunderstanding but they should have still backstock it, right? Another time was when worked mclanes were left for days in the br.

So why can't they pull pogs ..?

My tl told me to have br pull my batches because "they don't have a lot to do at the back".

That what leaders that have never worked logistics say. Back when I was a tm and I told LOD that price change was 14 hours they said I should be able to finish them and took my other closer to sales floor. Don't think it needs to be said but price changes was not finished that night.

There's always something to do backstock pulling pogs flexs cardboard location accuracy manual cafs and researche outs the only time they should be standing around if let's see never

I have not seen them just stand around. I do believe them to be hard workers. I have seen how they worked before the new caf sched came on live. It's just what I heard from my tl and from other tls. My tl told me to have br pull my batches because "they don't have a lot to do at the back". I rarely ask br to pull my batches and my etl is forever trying to make me have br pull them for me. One time plano killed a whole sections of grocery. I tried to push as many as I can. I only left 2 carts and 1 red bin filled with backstock and br conplained that I don't bs my own pulls. Granted it was a misunderstanding but they should have still backstock it, right? Another time was when worked mclanes were left for days in the br.
I find the contradictions in your 2 posts confusing. So you never saw them standing around you just heard they do? You started a thread about it based on that?

@OneGoodEar ...are you saying you do all of that in one shift? I can't even get the 1's and 3's pulled and consistently pushed in my 5 hour closing shift :confused:

@OneGoodEar ...are you saying you do all of that in one shift? I can't even get the 1's and 3's pulled and consistently pushed in my 5 hour closing shift :confused:

Asants. My current store has 1-2 tm's a day not including early am. Last store had 6-7 tms.

I find the contradictions in your 2 posts confusing. So you never saw them standing around you just heard they do? You started a thread about it based on that?

I'm sorry if that is what was implied in my first post. At the back of my mind, I do know br has a lot to do. I do know the dayside br tms work hard as I see them backstock whatever overnight br left, flex fill, audits, etc. I have never seen what other tls told me that they just stand around and talk (except maybe one time?) but I have seen them talk more than push on the floor. I see them walk around in the br. Once someone was asking for a guest pull. I was on my way to the floor from the back when someone asked me to get a hold of a brtm. I heard about the situation on ch1. I just came from br and saw no one. Finding someone would take time and the guest was already waiting for quite awhile. So I took the call and pulled for the guest. It was heavy but I managed to get the thing on a flatbed and got it to gs. On my way to gs, I saw 2 brtms on the floor talking to 2 sftms.

The thing is, every dept is busy with everyone else thinking that that dept doesn't have a lot to do. I'm just curious as to what exactly they are responsible for, like backstocking. Do they bs sps? Bs cafs? What about from whatever flow left that I had to push, do they bs them? That's all. I bs everthing that came my way to help the br tms bec I can see how busy they were back then before the new caf. Everything except candies. But sometimes, after the new caf, I would find myself wishing they would help me a bit with backstocking.

We always have backstock every single day.

We have 4 TMs (3 pulling, 1 back of the line during unload), 1 midshift, 1 closer.

All have 5 hour shifts.

Only the backstock pallets get done. Really tired seeing backstock every single day. If they give 2 TMs who actually works 8hr shifts rather than 5hrs, we probably could get 95% done

Pulling/pushing cafs, Backstock and ff is all we do lately. Most days they don't even want is pulling batches for the floor because nobody to push them and they want is backstock as Much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back