Archived What happens when a guests calls Corporate to complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guest accuse me of lying on the phone and a TL ended up giving her corporate’s number to complain. Never had this happen so i’m just curious what will happen when the guest complains?

Probably nothing unless whatever you ‘lied’ about was really bad. Then they might call and talk to your ETL but I doubt it.

Probably nothing unless whatever you ‘lied’ about was really bad. Then they might call and talk to your ETL but I doubt it.
she said she was going to complain because apparently I told her we could price match clearance from another store and when she got in the store the GSA wouldn’t honor it cause we can’t obviously and she wants to complain and say my GSA wouldn’t honor what I said on the phone. it’s not what i said on the phone by the way.

If you didn't tell the guest we would then nothing to worry about. Guest's rarely call and when they do guest relations call the store to tell the LOD. If it doesn't sound like a big deal to them then you will never hear anything. Most likely they talk to the GSA for not trying to take care of the guest by calling the LOD.

This crap happens all the time. Recently, a guest called Electronics asking for a popular product. The Electronics TM said, yes, we currently have it in stock. The guest asked one be held for her. The TM said, sorry, but because it is a popular item, we can NOT hold it for you. The guest asked for the TMs name and how long he would be there. He gave that information and again told the guest that it would NOT be on hold, so she should come into the store ASAP if she did want to get one.

One guess as to what happened.

Yep, the guest came in, found the TM and asked for her held item. The TM said sorry, but as I told you on the phone, I could not place that item on hold and now we are sold out.

Well, the guest starts going ape shit on the TM calling him a liar and all kind of other names, saying she wants her held item. After a few minutes of belittling the TM, the guest asks for a manager.

Both sides tell the ETL their story. The ETL decides to call another store (who showed on the my device they still had one) to see if they could hold it for the guest.

Unfortunately, I never found out the outcome of whether she ultimately got the item or not.

Leaders knew that this TM was our most experienced Electronics TM having been in the department for years. He knew store policy.

My point being, some guests will try these bullying tactics just to get what they want, when they want it, no matter what.

Even it your guest did call the Guest Service Line, you will more than likely be fine.

Great! then it can cover the $10 price difference she kept verbally abusing us for!

During Q4, target accidentally put the poopsie unicorn on the ad for $10. Guest called corporate on our store, she got her $40 back in a gift card. Then other Karen's found out and did the same so let them have their gift cards.

During Q4, target accidentally put the poopsie unicorn on the ad for $10. Guest called corporate on our store, she got her $40 back in a gift card. Then other Karen's found out and did the same so let them have their gift cards.
Yeah, she can have a gift card for all I care as long as I don’t have to hear about it ever again.

People will be coached. And employees may not be believed about their side.

I highly doubt this. Most corporate calls are made about LODs who dont override their team members. I dont see how you could coach someone on an incidentyou didn't witness. The only time I have seen that is when someone admits fault.

Last edited:
does anyone know if phone calls are recorded then? i’m just curious, i don’t care either way.

does anyone know if phone calls are recorded then? i’m just curious, i don’t care either way.

I think recorded calls have to include a disclaimer that says "this call may be monitored for quality assurance" or something to that effect. There is no disclaimer so my guess is probably no.

Edit: never mind I'm stupid

Last edited:
I think recorded calls have to include a disclaimer that says "this call may be monitored for quality assurance" or something to that effect. There is no disclaimer so my guess is probably no.
Target CS does have this message as any company. They all record.

OP- nothing will happen, you’re fine.

Thanks guys! I always just get worked up over this stuff cause of my really bad anxiety so this helped.

What happens???

giphy.gif

LOL Regular phone calls to the store? Of course not. It's not legal in most states unless both parties are aware it is being recorded. Also, that would cost time and money. Get real.

I highly doubt this. Most corporate calls are made about LODs who dont override their team members. I dont see how you could coach someone on an incidentyou didn't witness. The only time I have seen that is when someone admits fault.
Lol...well, ok. I've seen it happen, heard about it, and of course they usually figure out the identity. Where I work, it's taken seriously.

And this is why I don't give my name over the phone when they call and generally try not to give it. They say "what's your name" and I once replied "I'm sorry but that won't help you because I'm leaving in five minutes".... and the guest was like "oh, ok" and dropped it. If they insist of course I'll give them my first name but some of these guests are so self entitled it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back