Archived Who are more driven in your store the males or the females?

Are you more driven than your male/female peer, counterpart?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Kinda battle of the sexes I'm eager to hear from everyone as pertaining to every workcenter, every work level, etc. What I have seen across the board and I could be mistaken is women in a leadership standpoint tend to get more results in regards to the multitasking aspect. In regards to team morale and getting everyone to "buy in" into whatever, it almost always goes to the men. Thoughts, feedback, comments please!! I want to hear from everyone.

Females by far.
When I got moved to hardlines there were a bunch of guys and I’d always feel super awkward because they’d have a habit of just standing around near electronics shootin’ the shit. Once they all left I became the only guy in hardlines minus electronics and we became very productive while still being able to remain chatty when able.

Obviously depends on the individual though, hardest worker in our store is our male Consumables SrTL imho. But strictly probability-wise based on what I’ve seen; girls rule boys drool. :cool:

Really depends on the work center. All of the guys in Hardlines are really hard working and the girls are lazy as hell... but in electronics it's the opposite... and almost all of our ETL's are girls and they are super hard workers, but we also have a lot of male TLs that are really hard workers. I think it depends more on the age then the gender.

Usually our softlines men are really good workers. They don't hire them or move them if they can't get the job done.

For leadership my old STL had a saying. "If you are going to be a female STL, Log, GE or SF you have to be a bit of a b--- to get promoted or last in your position." The cheerleader types don't last very long at Target. At the end of the day you got to be able to lead a team.

Last edited:
We have good and bad of both sexes.
I still cannot fathom how the lazy TMs are still here they are so lazy

The good ones do 3 to 4 times as much as the lazy TMs.

I call my few lazy TMs team TD. For take a dump. They walk around like they have to take a dump.

We have good and bad of both sexes.
I still cannot fathom how the lazy TMs are still here they are so lazy

The good ones do 3 to 4 times as much as the lazy TMs.

I call my few lazy TMs team TD. For take a dump. They walk around like they have to take a dump.
Seriously. No joke. When I'm in Electronics I dust, wipe down counters, zone clearance, print labels for our d code area, research and multi loc fill all while helping guests and you'll be lucky if the other electronics TMs even research at all... much less zone or clean.

I don't see much difference between the sexes on this topic. It's also hard to judge considering my store isn't an even 50/50 split between men and women. I'd say I notice more of a difference based on age. If you're between the ages of 25-45, you're probably working pretty hard.

AND OF COURSE IT'S A GENERALIZATION YOU TWATS! I better not get any bullshit complaints on this about all the exceptions you can list off.

Thanks everyone for the comments/feedback. So what I'm getting from everyone it has to do more with the individual And/Or their age? I can see that. Certainly if you are older and have more life experience, I'm guessing you Should be a more dependable worker but I too know Asants and we have some lazy fucks of Older workers as well that would cut corners at the first opportunity they get. I can also see this being a first job for many people of both sexes and they are young and really doing a great job. Again, more feedback, comments etc.!! :);)

Most days the food team is on its own no TL.
The past shifts I have worked, the Backroom hasn't had a TL either. Some workcenters I think can run leaderless if proper tm's are in place.

Certainly if you are older and have more life experience, I'm guessing you Should be a more dependable worker
At my store, the <18 group is probably the most efficient. They get the most redcards, are faster zoners, and are more on top of latest trends.

Reactions: Him
@HLN13, that's awesome. I'm hoping average workers and problem workers can take heed and better themselves as everyone can be successful instead of just the <18 group. I know Asants. And I also know you can bring a horse to a trough, but you can't force it to drink. :rolleyes:

It's all about a good work ethic.

This. I have processed hundreds of hires and terminations over the years. Age, gender, ethnicity, etc. None of these things mean anything in terms of who is better. There were good workers and bad workers for any category that you can come up with. What the good workers have is a good work ethic. They show up for their shifts on time and get stuff done instead of skipping work, loafing around, and stealing from the store.

Last edited:
Seriously. No joke. When I'm in Electronics I dust, wipe down counters, zone clearance, print labels for our d code area, research and multi loc fill all while helping guests and you'll be lucky if the other electronics TMs even research at all... much less zone or clean.
Wow you must be at a real slow ,boring and struggling store.

I'd say for new hires the males at my store out of the gate (of being hired) are harder workers (it is close). However they are the first to be dejected, after all that hard work goes nowhere.

I will also say that the females are the most consistent.

Reactions: Him
I'd say for new hires the males at my store out of the gate (of being hired) are harder workers (it is close). However they are the first to be dejected, after all that hard work goes nowhere.

I will also say that the females are the most consistent.

So what I hear you saying is that woman are more accustomed to being assigned demeaning work that goes nowhere and has no end in sight, so they seem to handle the psychologically crushing effect of working retail better then men.
However, from other peoples post I infer that the so called "millennials" while they have gotten wise to this shit (along with the constant understaffing and poor management) still are, by in large, decent workers who will ride this out until something better comes along.

I thought about putting that in the sarcasm font but it's a hair too close to the truth.

Last edited:
So what I hear you saying is that woman are more accustomed to being assigned demeaning work that goes nowhere and has no end in sight, so they seem to handle the psychologically crushing effect of working retail better then men.
However, from other peoples post I infer that the so called "millennials" while they have gotten wise to this shit (along with the constant understaffing and poor management) still are, by in large, decent workers who will ride this out until something better comes along.

I thought about putting that in the sarcasm font but it's a hair too close to the truth.
I think EVERYONE in general "rides out" their time with Spot until something better comes along. I don't think it's just "millennials". Regardless even if you are highest on the corporate ladder, you see something better, you are going to leave.

This is not at all what I mean. Both are doing the same demeaning work. While men I see being more "Gung ho" at their work, especially early on. Women are much more perceptive, and can find the "work smarter, not harder" strategy easier than men. This will wear on the men harder.

Why do you think on average, we die before women do?

There are differences between men and women, inherent genetic differences, that we have due to Evolution. I hate that when someone actually talks about these scientific facts (Sexual Dimorphism) they are looked at as Demeaning women. I am not pushing a man > woman agenda here. It is evolution and how women and man evolved together, equally, to be what we are today. Look at it as a Dance rather than a Fight.

The best STL I have had at my store was a female (and the only female one, I have had). The one thing that I will say about Female leaders is that they actually tend to listen, take feedback, and then adjust. The Male STLs at my store tell you, you are out of line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back