Archived Woman Gets "Box of Rocks" when buying Dyson Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that rocks and a can of chili wouldn't feel or sound the same as a vacuum cleaner. The weight distribution would be off and so would the sounds. Even if they were wrapped in towels in such a way as to not make noise, you still would have a plastic-y thumping from a real vacuum.

That's what I was thinking. You'd feel them move especially if you picked it up over the desk

I would think that the serial number is also somewhere on the vacuum cleaner.
For other products the serial number is on the product. If the number is only on the box, then it would make calling the Dyson company pretty impossible.

One of two things. Either someone is a fucking ninja and somehow managed to do that without it being seen on cameras. Or she's just bullshitting to get a free vacuum. Maybe I should do that to get a free switch. :cool:

I know what happened. I don't want to say anything else as doing would reveal way too much on the forum so ig you want to know juicy details or believe its fake PM me. All I can say is yes it actually happened. Its also why my store (i posted this earlier) has the returns policy it does.

Yes, on the dyson website.
How does that work if they bought it on target.com?

We get the occasional SFS order for a Dyson, and we don't scan the serial number at all. Just scan the UPC, slap a shipping label on it, and hand it to UPS.

You should always look inside IMO. It's possible to seal packaging or make it look new.

It's LISA. Look inside always, not sometimes.
Agreed... we are told at my store to always check the contents of a return if it's more than $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back