MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Me too. I’m tired of going to two Targets to buy food and still ending up at the grocery store just to buy basics.
That was my final straw for quitting.

I hadn't needed the job for a while but it used to be nice and convenient to get my grocery shopping done after a shift combined with the discount. Since I couldn't get my shopping done and had to shop somewhere else with no discount, why bother?

Guests don’t normally know the store number of a store.
Google or Bing search and you can come up with a store number. Also see an employee who will tell you how to complain for the most pain.. I have given out my stores number hundreds of times for twitter, Instagram and community posts and phone calls for guests who want name and shame..

I'm curious as to how sales compare for those stores who are doing modernization and for those are not?? Are there increases for the modernization stores?
In my store that would be a FUCK NO!!!!! Cause for most of the year we have had bare fucking shelves, a horrid OPU/SFS INF rate so that is all sales lost.. Basket size tanked, cause people couldn't find shit and even when we knew we had it we could not sell it since we didn't know or couldn't get to where it was.

I'm curious as to how sales compare for those stores who are doing modernization and for those are not?? Are there increases for the modernization stores?
Problem with figuring out sales, is the economy was/is doing great people wanted to spend the money and they did. So to say stores increased because modernization would just be corporate spin. I can say we did better only because people ordering online and the sfs team getting items picked from the back room because we were not consistent enough to keep floor filled. Many sales planners went unset and straight to clearance or salvage. Also anything we gain was nullified throwing hours at the process to give the impression that it's was working to our dtl and higher. In the end it still is not working and now hours are actually being monitored and cut. So yeah, go Target!

The biggest problem I see with this process at my old store is that there has been no communication around what is going on and how it is going happen. It also sounds like most team members are only going to get 25 hours at most each week and that will not cut it for some of them. I do see a lot of turnover for this store in the near future. I know a few that have already jumped ship or are looking new jobs elsewhere.

Electronics and Beauty are not supposed to be doing their own backstock. That allows them to stay in their work center.
My store has had the big remodel so now our electronics br is across the store and beauty has their own br as well. So they all do their own back stocking with some help from the main br dedicated stockers.

What are others stores doing with beauty and electronics? We had one TL overseeing both. Since that failed they are now going to redistribute how hardlines is split between our 4 TLs....I guess it will be 5 when they demolish the POG team.

Those stores are gonna get wrecked by the higher ups now though. I feel bad since this situation is largely beyond the store's control and rests with these new processes.
Yup, I was waiting to read that they would be contacting store management. I wish someone would respond to the guest that this directive comes from corporate.

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
Honestly, pallets on the floor are much better for guests than several Uboats. Pallet it up. Get 2-3 TMs to work it out. And, then get that palllet off the floor. Simple. Fast. Easy. And, then we move on to the next one.

The no pallet rule when guests are there is stupid. There aren't enough vehicles, so the product sits on the floor or pallets in the back. Before pushing it, I have to find a vehicle. Put some of the product on the vehicle and then push that vehicle out. Rinse and repeat endlessly. Real efficient when it's fucking home furnishing.

Honestly, pallets on the floor are much better for guests than several Uboats. Pallet it up. Get 2-3 TMs to work it out. And, then get that palllet off the floor. Simple. Fast. Easy. And, then we move on to the next one.

The no pallet rule when guests are there is stupid. There aren't enough vehicles, so the product sits on the floor or pallets in the back. Before pushing it, I have to find a vehicle. Put some of the product on the vehicle and then push that vehicle out. Rinse and repeat endlessly. Real efficient when it's fucking home furnishing.
I’ve seen many pallets on our floor with only one TM working it.

Last edited: