MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This "class" is part of the learning plan for all TMs in a&a, elec & beauty.

Even if your leaders didnt go out of store for the class, all TMs in those areas should receive the training via videos on wb.

Or are learning plans an asants thing too?
I couldn't even tell you the last time we actually used a Learning Plan. We have TMs sign them and take the HazMat quiz, but that's it.
Orientation -> 1 day on the lanes -> 2-3 days shadowing a random TM -> on their own.
And we wonder why no one knows how to do anything.
But hey! we save a lot on training hours, I guess.

I couldn't even tell you the last time we actually used a Learning Plan. We have TMs sign them and take the HazMat quiz, but that's it.
Orientation -> 1 day on the lanes -> 2-3 days shadowing a random TM -> on their own.
And we wonder why no one knows how to do anything.
But hey! we save a lot on training hours, I guess.
Does your new hires really need a day on the lanes? We do less than an hour.

You could suggest less time on a register that day so the rest of the shift could be spent on the computer training.

Does your new hires really need a day on the lanes? We do less than an hour.

You could suggest less time on a register that day so the rest of the shift could be spent on the computer training.
About half of the seasonal employees STILL refuse to back up cashier to this day because they said that wasn't enough training. :rolleyes:
Between that and the Flow TMs working during business hours and taking all the HL shifts, the only people who can handle E2E processes typically spend 75% of the shifts on the lanes right now, since we have one cashier all day and guests flat out refuse to use self check (big surprise.)

Realistically, the only reason they get a full day of cashier training is because we use the cashier hours for the training hours that day, and after about an hour of reading the manual, they just cashier for real.

About half of the seasonal employees STILL refuse to back up cashier to this day because they said that wasn't enough training. :rolleyes:
Between that and the Flow TMs working during business hours and taking all the HL shifts, the only people who can handle E2E processes typically spend 75% of the shifts on the lanes right now, since we have one cashier all day and guests flat out refuse to use self check (big surprise.)

Realistically, the only reason they get a full day of cashier training is because we use the cashier hours for the training hours that day, and after about an hour of reading the manual, they just cashier for real.
We have the same staffing. Our self checks will ask guests in line to come to self checkout by offering to scan and bag for them. Unless they have an entire cart of groceries of course.
Our gstls hardly call for backup anymore cause they know no one is coming. Lol. Our store is terrible about responding.

BacknForth

SRTL
Well some of you can find some info on Sharepoint. Not happy with what I read this morning . Has me 🤔 some things ?!?!?

What did you find?
I too am curious. My manager held up a booklet with all changes being implemented in it. I asked if I could look at it and they said it's confidential and for leadership only. That usually is code for 'we know this is stupid but say it this way to screw TMs without them knowing it.'

Last edited:

BacknForth

SRTL
The packet I found was published on February 18th I believe. It was a 68 page document titled 2019 Store Modernization. I did not have an opportunity to read much. I skimmed through some of the core roles and the team structures for the Base model. There were some mock schedules as well. The reason I checked is because I heard a ETL found a 128 page document on there.
What was discouraging to me was the Base model 30-75 million. But after the 65 mark you gain some extra leadership. We are JUST below that mark. So now I have to plan for the stress level to increase( never thought it could get higher). The General Merchandise Leader role is just not fair. Nor will be the 2 Lead positions ( maybe it was 3). As it is now, we will have basically 6 going to 3. Ugh I just want to stop thinking about this now. Goodnight folks.

Shipping isn't paid for until you at the store finish the packing process.
I think they were implying shipping two packages from two locations = more shipping costs. However, I do know that Restock stores that now use Fedex get free shipping on any package under 5 pounds.

Plus, shipping from a store closer to the recipient than a distribution center reduces shipping costs by 40%.