MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
IF there is any truth to this, and if it is for every store, then it would come from (and/or be approved by) THE highest level of the company. What good would every TM calling the Hotline do? You would just be reporting the crime back to the crooked cops who came up with the scheme.
That is why I am trying to figure this out. But so many things since we modernized have been by word of mouth. No real information about anything, just okay here's the way it is now.

So guys I did some digging, and here is what I found out that’s 100% true.
We don’t know anything for certain. Everything that you are reading from people who heard someone else say they heard something is very unhealthy.

You ever get a weird symptom after an illness, and spend the next 2 hours browsing WebMD, deciding that you probably have cancer when really you just have a cold? That's the effect this site has at times.

I managed to snag a couple minutes alone with the book that the STLs got at their meetings. Anything in quotes is word-for-word from the guide.

100% can confirm all TLs move to PG45. Can be key carriers for no extra pay at STL discretion, BUT also, there will be a certain amount of key carrier TLs in order for the total amount of key carrying leadership for the store to be no less than 7.

Read about the closing team lead role in detail. 3 pages about this. Technically still not supposed to be “LOD” role, there’s still no LOD. They just happen to be the ranking person in the building, and the one locking up, dealing with emergencies, visits, escalated guest or team issues etc.

The closing team’s mission is to “put the finishing touches on the team’s day of hard work”. They are to “nail closing routines to ensure guests get a great first impression the moment the doors open the next day”.

There is also a new TM role of “closing expert”. Their job is to have more ownership of certain closing processes. This is a PG35 role, like A&A, electronics, beauty etc. “1-2 closing experts” report to the closing team lead, and “support business area teams in completing tasks dictated by daily priorities and guest traffic, as well as support consistency in the closing experience and routines”.

This closing specific team is designed to provide closing consistency, and interestingly will EITHER be Monday-Friday, OR Sunday-Thursday.

Closing TL is to identify performance gaps in all workcenters and is empowered to coach/document any TMs of any area. They will be scheduled on the grid as SrTL LOD, and will be the only ones scheduled as such.

I honestly don't know how this is going to work with low hours. We had a double this week, but one of the trucks didn't make it on time, and we were STILL pushing freight from that one today. I kept apologizing to the TL today and she kept telling me not to. Had to pull a POG - batch was huge. Then I got stuck at the service desk. Then I had to work the remaining product to the home location. THEN I had to make a bale. And so on and so on and so on.

And now I don't work for a week.

Confirmation of presentation experts, closing experts, all TLs being PG45, lol thank you for posting this @gsa4lyfe as I don’t have the balls to share pictures of this 😝 but yes this is the book from the STL meetings. I posted in the modernization thread some stuff from it as well.
Hahaha I have the rollout guide at home but this is one of the few things I'll post publicly since its just titles not really any process things or target secrets.

😒 how did you manage to snag that?
My STL gave them to all the ETLs and the key carrier TLs (Seniors :/ RIP). He said we can read it but keep it hush until we all meet to officially roll it out next week. I figured hush meant I could post it on the internet anonymously. Also its on workbench but the new one is smart enough to only show you search results you have access to so my STL could find it but I couldn't even though we searched the same thing. All STLs should have gotten like 10 or so color hard copies

My STL gave them to all the ETLs and the key carrier TLs (Seniors :/ RIP). He said we can read it but keep it hush until we all meet to officially roll it out next week. I figured hush meant I could post it on the internet anonymously. Also its on workbench but the new one is smart enough to only show you search results you have access to so my STL could find it but I couldn't even though we searched the same thing. All STLs should have gotten like 10 or so color hard copies
I don’t suppose you wanna PM me pics of every page? 😂 I only had like 4 minutes to poke through it, and made a point to spend most of that time reading the 3 pages about closing lol

Everyone keeps saying ASANTS.

Stop doing that. That's not how it is anymore. According to Minnesota, all stores ARE the same and can be run the exact same way without the slightest deviation.
Hey now, there’s 3 types of stores. ULV, normal, and insanely high volume. MSATS, most stores are the same lol

There is also a new TM role of “closing expert”. Their job is to have more ownership of certain closing processes. This is a PG35 role, like A&A, electronics, beauty etc. “1-2 closing experts” report to the closing team lead, and “support business area teams in completing tasks dictated by daily priorities and guest traffic, as well as support consistency in the closing experience and routines”.

Hmm. That sounds like something I would actually like to do. Any suggestions on how I might bring that up with management? I'm guessing they're making these decisions relatively soon and I don't really know how to say I know about it.

Hmm. That sounds like something I would actually like to do. Any suggestions on how I might bring that up with management? I'm guessing they're making these decisions relatively soon and I don't really know how to say I know about it.
If you bring it up to TLs or ETLs they very well might not have a clue about it, and those that know will be alarmed that you do know lol. I already have people in mind for who I’d want to do it, I could see it being a great developmental role. Wait until after April 1 and you can say you heard it from someone at another store lol. More details about the role will surely trickle out on this site soon.

Also, presentation is still somewhat going to stay a thing, FYI (saw your profile says presentation/signing)

Just say so I was reading something I saw online and was wondering if this is true. If so, I'd definitely be interested in doing it

Back