MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you bring it up to TLs or ETLs they very well might not have a clue about it, and those that know will be alarmed that you do know lol. I already have people in mind for who I’d want to do it, I could see it being a great developmental role. Wait until after April 1 and you can say you heard it from someone at another store lol. More details about the role will surely trickle out on this site soon.

Also, presentation is still somewhat going to stay a thing, FYI (saw your profile says presentation/signing)

Yeah it does sound like a developmental role, that's why I was thinking about it. Plus it sounds a heck of a lot better than getting shoved back into an area. Plus, even if it's still 4-5hr shifts, I can work around those hours easily to have a 2nd (or even 1st) job during the day. Just a win-win-win. I assume my main competition for that role would be current GSAs with closing experience. So maybe I don't even have a chance, but dang, that's the first thing I've read about modernization that actually spoke to me so I'd really like to pursue it. Plus I'm pretty sure I know who our closing lead is, and we've always worked well together.

As far as Presentation still being somewhat a thing, my PPTL has given a little bit of info, tho he said he really wasn't supposed to. Last I heard, they were thinking of putting me in an area and only occasionally having me do the operational signing like overheads maybe 1 day a week. Since I am the newest person on POG and officially/unofficially the signing person, I'm pretty much not going to be able to do that as much as the people who have been there longer. Of course, this was all before the STL came back this last week with that extra info. So maybe that has changed. But unless Presentation hours are similar under the new system, or there are specific signing hours similar to what they currently are, I'm probably out in the cold there.

I do see though that HR is getting their pay bump back. Rightfully so, those guys at minimum handle a lot of private personal information for what they get paid.

So this means the Speciality areas are losing the 50 cent or are those new areas entering pg35?

Kinda confused on that

So guys I did some digging, and here is what I found out that’s 100% true.
We don’t know anything for certain. Everything that you are reading from people who heard someone else say they heard something is very unhealthy.

I knew I was going to die from reading this thread

What I saw specifically showed the new areas being PG35, and did not show pay grade info for specialty areas

So regular cashiers are PG30?

I'd be down for the closing expert though if it pays more.

Wonder how they are gonna decide who gets what in this scheme?

So regular cashiers are PG30?

I'd be down for the closing expert though if it pays more.

Wonder how they are gonna decide who gets what in this scheme?

I think everyone is PG35 now. Cashiers I believe are "Guest Advocate" or some such.

I think everyone is PG35 now. Cashiers I believe are "Guest Advocate" or some such.
This makes sense. Explains why there’s so little word on TM base pay going up this review season. If they paygrade bumps everyone up to $12.50, that’s a chunk right there. Easier on the balance sheet.

This makes sense. Explains why there’s so little word on TM base pay going up this review season. If they paygrade bumps everyone up to $12.50, that’s a chunk right there. Easier on the balance sheet.
Everyone’s gets bumped to $13 during reviews like the bump to $12 last year.

I'd assume I'd be able to see it, but I'm probably not searching the right thing.
I couldn’t find it either but my stl could by searching the same thing I was as well as an ETL from another store so I assume the new workbench is smart enough to only show you search results you’re able to access?

I'm happy to see they are going back to separation of Hardlines and other duties so it doesn't all fall under General Merch. Same with the ETL position, it just didn't work so well. I like that S&E will just be Fos Attendant and Guest Advocate, etc. Good changes from what we tested!

Obviously some of these positions vary by Store Sales so I'm interested to see where we all land.

Back