MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on your store but every store other than super high volume the electronics and beauty experts report to the ETL and essentially have no direct TL

Yes that's all current stores. I used to be Tech/Beauty during the Pilot but the position was removed end of summer. So I'm surprised to see that it's coming back I guess.

Yes that's all current stores. I used to be Tech/Beauty during the Pilot but the position was removed end of summer. So I'm surprised to see that it's coming back I guess.
Beauty/tech lead isn’t coming back. It’s specialty sales TL in ultra high volume stores but the majority of the store won’t have it. Most electronics and beauty TMs won’t have a TL

Any confirmation on who is closing weekends? I've heard ETLs rotating but all mine hate closing lol so I'm having doubts with that

What time are mids what if you can’t do mids?
10-6:30 and you have to or you will be eliminated.
Not necessarily 10-6:30. The rollout guide give examples of schedules and mid are just a shift that’s not open or close. It al depends on your department. If beauty is busy 10-6 but style is busy 9-5 you schedule them differently. Everything is based on the needs of the business. STLs and etls do early mid, late mid, normal mids. It all depends on your store.

Sr TL is no more. All TLs will be given keys with no increase in pay. Closing lead is the new position. Many stores currently over headcount for ETLs now. Logistics/ Backroom/ POG/ PC teams are all gone. Now every area owns all processes within their area 100%. All leaders besides opener and closer are mid.

Now they're "experts".

Not necessarily 10-6:30. The rollout guide give examples of schedules and mid are just a shift that’s not open or close. It al depends on your department. If beauty is busy 10-6 but style is busy 9-5 you schedule them differently. Everything is based on the needs of the business. STLs and etls do early mid, late mid, normal mids. It all depends on your store.
Ah ok. Well our stl decided on 10-6:30. He says work that or not at all.

I wonder if the stores open 7a-11p can have more variety in shifts? Like why have mids at 10 if we open at 7? I like early mid, late mid then.

They each take ownership of something different so it's not 2 people doing the same job. Example would be GSTL A does guest loyalty. They would be in charge of redcard, circle, surveys and training. Gstl b would do sales planners, pricing, co and bullseye.
Guest VS Process. That’s how any store I’ve worked in has done it and that’s how I did it when I was gstl. I think it works out best.

They each take ownership of something different so it's not 2 people doing the same job. Example would be GSTL A does guest loyalty. They would be in charge of redcard, circle, surveys and training. Gstl b would do sales planners, pricing, co and bullseye.
Sorry I meant salesfloor. Not gstl.

Back